Stevie G

car cleaning
« on: May 02, 2006, 11:46:52 am »
hi anyone out there clean there customers cars.  when they see wfp for the first time some customers comments "my car could do with a wash " all women by the way (not being sexist before any picks me up on it) anyway is this worth adding on to your round.          darren.

supernova77

Re: car cleaning
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 11:55:18 am »
I got asked to clean a customers car the other day... I just didn't really think it was worth the hassle. By the time I'd have cleaned the car I could have earnt more cleaning more windows.

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 12:03:57 pm »
what about cleaning caravans, would that be worth it, I live near a large touring caravan storage yard, wondered if it would be worth putting an advert at the yard?

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 12:11:39 pm »
yes i clean 8 cars for existing customers every 2 weeks, at the same time their windows are due to be cleaned. i charge £5 per car,exterrior only.   use a vikan brush head as they are really made for car washing. if the car is real dirty, wash with ordinary water first, then finish of the whole car using the pure water, you will use  about 12  litres per car of pure water to finish off. and keep one brush only for this type of work, as you will pick up silicon additives from waxes and old polish. cleaning windows or cars it makes no diffrence to me money is money.cleaningtime go for it.jouk45

Stevie G

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 01:56:05 pm »
jouk45 your right its all about money. by the way after u have rinsed the car with pure water do u just leave it to dry.

gaza

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 02:39:19 pm »
jouk: I feel an invention coming on ;D

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

jouk45

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 03:22:11 pm »
yes just walk away, dont forget the fiver though lol,

gazza how did you know that, lol . iv got a few good ones comming soon with pics, soon as i get a quiet time,

spotless2000

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 04:03:06 pm »
soon as i get a quiet time

You won't get that, if you're cleaning cars as well! ;)

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 02:49:40 pm »
Busses clean yes...caravans clean yes....marquees yes....cars no

"pure" water is very very aggresive if one of your customers vehicles has any part of their car un painted or rusty the water you put onto it will eat it away in a flash .

Steer clear or you could end up with a very large repair bill..

P.s also the water you are using WILL go into the sill under the car/vehicle and it will still in there for a long time eating it away and when the mechanic says "its got holes in cos theres loads of water in it" who is the customer coming for?

jouk45

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 04:00:01 pm »
hundreds of car wash companys are using pure water only in the uk, and if they do have a stone chip or scratch on the paintwork, the rain will get to it anyway, its the customers responsebility to get the chips and scratches repaired, also i think it would be hard for them to prove pure water coused the damage. iv been cleaning cars for over a year now, and the same cars look newer than when i first cleaned them.

Morph

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 04:12:06 pm »
Did a job for a guy yesterday, he owns a BMW 4 wheel drive big chunky whatever (and a merc S class, and a ferrari, he told me that the BMW dealer where he takes his "tank" locally, has a valetting prep bay, every vehicle gets a pure water spray wash.

By the way, he told me how chuffed he was because the Merc he just bought only cost him £73,000 instead of £75,000.  Merc do this deal, if you are prepared to drive the car back from the factory in Germany, they fly you out, put you up 5 star, day trip round the factory, drive like a bat out of hell home!  Free trip and 2 Grand discount.  Then he moaned because I charged him £5 more this time :'(

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 05:32:05 pm »
 ;D Can't win Pj!

On the subject of pure water on cars....DON'T DO IT!!!!!
Regardless of what carwash companies do, they don't care what happens after, they're just looking for the easiest way to get cars in and out. ;)

As Easyclean said, it will speed corrosion.
The main reason actually is because you're taking off all the polish, and it's protective polymers. :o

You'll lose the nice shine, and base colour cars will go oxidise and go flat. :-\
As you all know, I keep my car shiny all the time (being an ex-valeter) and I wouldn't dream of getting the merest splash of it on my paintwork.

Rog.

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 05:38:44 pm »
I think when pure water is described as 'aggressive', it's just really a buzz word.  It won't rust your car any quicker than rain water will.

Remember, rain water usually pretty pure anyway.

I think the best way to wash a car using pure water would be to wash the car with a sponge and a shampoo based car polish.

Then rinse only with the pure water.

There's already a few products on the market which claim to use DI water for cleaning cars, and in the instructions, it's always for just the rinse.

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 05:40:01 pm »
Right on rog

Im not being funny here but for those of you who use wfp ....

for those who have a van especially why do think you need the floor speedlinered or protected???????? and its not for it to look pretty

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 05:44:13 pm »
I think the best way to wash a car using pure water would be to wash the car with a sponge and a shampoo based car polish.

But then the pure water will take the polish off.....duh. ::)

Easyclean, I'm afraid some people think it's a magic stick which will change the world for the better. ::)
If we're ever attacked they'll all be waving giant wfps in the air to hit the planes. ;D

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 05:45:17 pm »
There's already a few products on the market which claim to use DI water for cleaning cars, and in the instructions, it's always for just the rinse.

Yes true ive seen him but im positive that the small cleaning equipment he uses with the small poly-resin equipment does not "purify" car wash water down to 000.

yes car wash companys do wash vehicles with "pure"water but they dont put thieir water through an RO and then a DI vessel.

We are purifying water much more than the average car valeting company.

Bit like "i drink caliber lager and you drink tennants super" we both drink lager whos going to get drunk quicker

As for planes Rog i know someone who allready cleans them with wfp.

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 05:58:05 pm »
why do think you need the floor speedlinered or protected???????? and its not for it to look pretty

I think the difference is that when you rinse a car with pure water, or water in general, it'll only stay wet for a short period of time.

But when you use a van-mounted WFP system, day-in-day-out, the floor is going to get wet; day-in-day-out; therefore protecting the floor is a sensible precaution.

Do you really think soft water will rust metal quicker than hard water?

If you do, why?

I've also used pure water to rinse my car after using a shampoo-wax.  It works.  Pure water isn't an acid.  It's just water, with all the impurities taken out of it; so when it dries, it doesn't leave any of its salts behind.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 06:19:28 pm »
I clean my 15 yr old Honda with pure water and the little rust patch behind the rear off side wheel arch has got no bigger over the last eiighteen months - and the maroon paint has not "flattened".

(Anyway - when the floor-bottom rusts out I can use my feet to paddle it along like on "Wacky Races"!)
It's a game of three halves!

spotless2000

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 06:25:34 pm »
If I remember rightly, the jet wash at our local Tesco has an option of pure water for the final rinse. 

I hope they've done their research!

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2006, 06:28:37 pm »

But then the pure water will take the polish off.....duh. ::)

It doesn't, 'Duh'!

ray l

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 07:25:05 pm »
Did ionics not have a leaflet out for car dealers. Pure water for cleaning and topping up the batteries.

Back to the caravans, they can be a nice wee bonus