trafficjamz

ro diagram
« on: April 06, 2015, 11:06:35 am »
looking to hook up a 3 membrane 450gpd ro from fresh. Just need a diagram. I've seen one on ro man website but I'm sure the old one i had was hooked up differently.

Spruce

Re: ro diagram
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 02:37:56 pm »
I've seen them linked 3 different ways

Mine was assembled in parallel - hose from prefilters split into 3, each going to the main housing inlet on the screw cap. (John Guest 1/4"  T piece were used. ) The pure from each was all linked together and feed into the resin housing which on mine was the third housing. The wastes were also all joined together and then the single pipe had a restrictor and flush valve fitted before going to the drain.

The second way was that the first two membranes where fitted in parallel as mine was. The wastes from the first two membranes was fed into the inlet of the third membrane. The waste from the third membrane was fitted with a restrictor and flush valve before going to the drain. All the pure outlets where joined and went to the di vessel.

The third method I've seen is with the membranes all joined in series. The pipe from the prefilters went to the inlet of the first membrane. The waste from the first membrane was fed into the inlet of the second membrane and the waste from the second fed into the inlet of the third. The waste from the third membrane was fitted with a restrictor and flush valve before going to the drain. Again, all the pure outlets were joined together before going to the di vessel.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

trafficjamz

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 02:52:34 pm »
Thanks.
Yes the ro man website has the diagram of your 3rd scenario, with them all in series
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=jo4iVYDtJMHGsgGlzIKIDg&url=http://www.ro-man.com/instructions/RO-MAN%2520Reverse%2520Osmosis%2520manual%2520for%2520200%2520and%2520300%2520GPD%2520systems.pdf&ved=0CB4QFjAB&usg=AFQjCNHYnpa-G-9UalCBD2X5fd7omewvkA

My old setup was like your 2nd scenario. 2 in parallel, then the waste of those going into the 3rd membrane.

Any advantages/disadvantages of any of these setups?

Don Kee

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 04:38:29 pm »
Series - The waste has much higher tds, so the following membrane will get smashed and have to buy a new ine more frequently but you should technically save on waste (not much to write home about imo)

Parallell - even wear though the membranes as each is getting the same (mains so lower) tds, but when it does come to new membrane time, chances are you'll have to get all 3

Personally, i prefer in parrallel as the advantages of series is minimal imo

trafficjamz

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 04:44:56 pm »
That's great thanks.