Bonzer

WFP and van payloads
« on: April 28, 2006, 10:05:52 am »
I am looking to go for a 500L wfp system. Would a van with a 700kg (eg Fiat Dublo) payload be acceptable for this?

The other question is would 500L be enough for a day's work during the first three months of cleaning if I'm using it for upstairs and downstairs?

Tim Morton

Re: WFP and van payloads
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 11:32:25 am »
Hi Bonzer, water weighs 1kg per litre, so 500L = 500Kg, add to that a pump and battery and a di vessel, another 20-35 Kg depending on what size of battery you choose. The tank itself will weigh 5-10 Kg. The poles assuming you have a 18ft and a 30ft pole, there's another 10Kg. A hose and decent reel, get a good metal reel, another 5-10 Kg depending on whether its microbore or standard. A bucket and trad tools for the windows you cant do wfp, 5-10Kg. your lunchbox and flask (hopefully not a broken one!!!  :P ), 5Kg. Some warning cones, another 5-10 Kg. And dont forget to add your own weight and also add the weight of a full tank of fuel, and have enough weight to carry a passenger too.
Maybe better to go for a 400L tank, I have a 350L tank and have not run out yet, worked a 7hr day and still had some left.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

Stevie G

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 01:41:37 pm »
        hi tim do u no where    i can buy a 350ltr tank cant locate anywhere.                                .       cheers darren .                 

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 03:02:06 pm »
I am looking to go for a 500L wfp system. Would a van with a 700kg (eg Fiat Dublo) payload be acceptable for this?

The other question is would 500L be enough for a day's work during the first three months of cleaning if I'm using it for upstairs and downstairs?

You would be better to have a van with a payload of around 1 ton then you are well within your limits have a look at www.whatvan.co.uk for weight comparison

Tim Morton

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 04:10:36 pm »
        hi tim do u no where    i can buy a 350ltr tank cant locate anywhere.                                .       cheers darren .                 

Hi Darren, I kinda misled you, I have 2 175L upright tanks on my trailer http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=19436.0

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 07:10:27 pm »

I reckon you should have a gross payload of 450 kg above the weight of the water in your tank.  You could get away with making it tighter if you don't carry a passsenger. Remember to make allowance for diesel and any water that may be in a trolley.  Remember, even if you are only slightly overloaded and hurt someone, they'll lock you up for it these days.  So better to have a margin for error in my view.

neil100

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 08:48:21 pm »
1 NO

2 Should be ok.

Nel.

ben dover

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 08:59:19 pm »
Bonzer,

I have a 650 litre trailer system for sale.

You can tow a lot more than you can carry

Give us a call 07801 752 872... as i dont come on this site often

jon adams

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 10:21:50 pm »
Bonzer, might be a good idea to get 400l tank or maybe 500l, you dont have to fill it but if you change vans no need to change tank.
      Jon

Bonzer

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 05:04:52 pm »
Thanks for the replies to this. I've been looking recently at the Dispatch. One version of this is 925Kg. I'm hoping it will be ok based on;

500Kg - Water
60Kg - full tank diesel (rare!)
100Kg - Me (Been putting on the weight!)
100Kg - 2 poles and battery
100kg - for another passenger - I don't work with anyone but just in case I give someone a lift.

Total - 860Kg

Will this be ok?

ronaldo

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 05:05:59 pm »
YES!
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 05:10:28 pm »
Marginal.

There is the weight of the tank and frame/fixings to take into account as well.

Probably around 75 kg total.

Andrew

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 06:13:39 pm »
Marginal.

There is the weight of the tank and frame/fixings to take into account as well.

Probably around 75 kg total.

Andrew

Yes, I would say marginal too.  Bear in mind that you may want to get a trolley for those hard to get to places so you will need to allow for the weight of that too.  One of the better suggestions I've seen is to put all your equipment in thew van and, with a full diesel tank and an empty water tank, drive to a weighbridge.  Subtract the weight they give you from the total permitted gross payload and that gives you how much water you can have in litres (1kg per litre).

simbag

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 09:47:36 pm »
I'm going down the same route, will be getting same van and size tank.

I think I was quoted about 560kg for a full tank with fittings (ask your manufacturer, if you), but there will be very rare occassions when I need to fill the tank to the top, I think most days will only be 2/3 full. It depends how much water you need to carry daily, and (like shiner said) if you are likely to need any more equipment later on.

Simon

Spruce

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 11:43:07 pm »
Hi
Citroen Dispatch include driver in payload figures. So the 925kg Dispatch payload would be 925kg with a driver weighing about 75kgs. All other fluids ie fuel would then reduce that payload.
You will still probably need to carry poles and access ladders on the roof as the internal cargo area is not very long ( 2059mm if my memory serves me correctly.) As the roof with roof rack is quite high you will probably need another small pair of step ladders in the van to reach them.
I don't know what Fiat do with the Scudo but vansdirect.co.uk had some 55 plate clearance specials on their site over the weekend.
Spruce 
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

master cleaner

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 09:36:18 am »
ive got a citeon despatch fantastic van but one thing that hasnt been mentioned is that they have 3 seats which makes a difference to the payload if you carry 3 people

gary

sair

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 03:47:09 pm »
look on the inside of drivers door there are weights of van easy enough to under stand my expert pay load is between 985 -1300 dependant are the weights of people and fuel

vechile weight minus the  gross weight allowed for the expert is 1300k

fuel 75 liters 75 k
three passangers at 75 =225 k these will change according to size of person
1300minus- 300 = 1000 k  absolut limit these are changable according to size of people

also its good to take into account age of van when concidering size of tank and what else you carry as of handling and economy
Essentially Pure Ltd

Bonzer

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 04:52:50 pm »
Hi
Citroen Dispatch include driver in payload figures. So the 925kg Dispatch payload would be 925kg with a driver weighing about 75kgs. All other fluids ie fuel would then reduce that payload.

So with my figures, I could technically run this system in the 800Kilo version  (without passangers) as I can negate the weight of me?

You will still probably need to carry poles and access ladders on the roof as the internal cargo area is not very long ( 2059mm if my memory serves me correctly.)
The longest pole I am getting is a 24' pole. I'm not sure how long it is when collapsed, but is it unlikely to fit in the Dispatch?

sair

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006, 05:04:20 pm »
hi
i carry a 45 ergo light and a 60 new face lift pole or ergo light in the expert plus a double 6 foot a frame and a carbon fiber 20 in five sections with 500 litre tank i can quite easily put in 20 sacks resin for delievery between the tank and back seat as i postioned it this way still leaving in poles in so i can work i think a 24 pole will fit okay
regards tony
Essentially Pure Ltd