fenscouse

Re: Microbore hose
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2006, 02:41:13 pm »
so when the trigger is on and it is stopping the flow of water out of the brush is the pump still on? if it is wont the pressure be too much and the hose may burst? or is it ok for a short time? I have a freedom trolley and this looks like it could help. cheers gaz.

H h20

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2006, 03:16:02 pm »
so when the trigger is on and it is stopping the flow of water out of the brush is the pump still on? if it is wont the pressure be too much and the hose may burst? or is it ok for a short time? I have a freedom trolley and this looks like it could help. cheers gaz.

When the trigger is opened it turns the pump on and when i release the trigger it stops the pump with no problems,i have been using these for over 12 months now and would highly reccomend them,Gaz

Mr. S

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2006, 09:41:46 pm »
obviously Gaz u rate microbore above standard hose. Is it as strong and can a car, bus or even lorry run over it as withh normal wfp hose? If so i need to invest. What else is neede to fit my existing van sysstem from hose reel start to pole?

Considering a trigger too, does it save u a lot of water, as i still kink my water line just before the pole?

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2006, 09:48:16 pm »
hi i've just changed to microbore cars can drive over it no probs

Mr. S

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2006, 10:15:40 pm »
Soz, another question. Ive got 75psi shurflo pump, if i put 100m microbore on hosereel will it affect pressure at end of pole? Or if only 50m is used will pressure b greater than on a normal hose?

Cheers for reply

Kirsty Gardiner

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2006, 09:18:52 am »
Hi Bill,

Sorry for the delay in responding to post - back from holiday now!

With reference to the microbore, I'm sorry that you've had problems with one of the reels - you're right in assuming that when they come fitted by us you shouldn't really experience any internal expansion problems, however unfortunately once in a blue moon we have a problem with faulty manufacture or faulty fitting and problems are experienced.  The good news is that we offer an instant replacement service so I will be ringing you to arrange to swap your expanded hose for a tested microbore replacement.

We can then test the faulty hose and if necessary return it to our manufacturers to ensure an even better product in the future. 

Regards,

Kirsty Gardiner

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2006, 05:50:30 pm »
tartan could you poss tell me where you purchase your hose fittings as i am in the proccess of changing over from the not so robust "hoselock"fittings.Also what size hose do you have on your reels?

regards steve

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2006, 07:10:42 pm »
hi easyclean ended up buying from www.wintecs.co.uk but i had originally bought the metal connections from omnipole.

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2006, 09:05:55 pm »
ok thanks tartan....but what is your hose reel size connections? 1/4"

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2006, 09:25:21 pm »
yes they are 1/4 inch stepped down from 1/2 inch brass connections

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2006, 09:38:19 pm »
Thanks tartan

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2006, 03:17:42 pm »
An update on my hose.

The problem has got worse i have the correct end fittings on now and the hose blows up like a giant sausage. like  i have had to cut the outer layer to release the water which gets between the 2 layers, the only trouble is i have to put up with water spurting out both at the pole end and at the reel if i had just left it, it would be impossible to use.
My van is like a swimming pool at the moment.

The problem must me a weakness on the inner layer.

How is everyone else getting on with there microbore hoses.

Dave

H h20

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2006, 03:24:21 pm »
Hi Dave,i have no problems at all with my microbore,why don`t you try some from where i got it from http://www.altecweb.com/home.asp?cat=Subcategory4300
they do free nextday delivery over £30 and they are down Cornwall,Gaz  ;)

Simply Clean Windows

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2006, 04:55:14 pm »
gaz
just out of interest,the place where u got your hose from,do they only do it in 30m lengths?

H h20

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2006, 05:11:27 pm »
gaz
just out of interest,the place where u got your hose from,do they only do it in 30m lengths?
As far as i know Malc yes,i think i asked them when when i first ordered mine,so all i did was buy an 8mm hose connector and joined 2 together and i have another reel spare just incase,
the reason i use an 8mm connector as the inner diameter is 6mm same as the hose,
Gaz

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2006, 09:37:09 pm »
Gaz the one you purchased was this the product code - 01-98-1904YEL ?

Chris

H h20

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2006, 10:11:01 pm »
Gaz the one you purchased was this the product code - 01-98-1904YEL ?

Chris
Hi Chris,yes thats correct mate,if you order over £30 you will get free nextday delivery,i have ordered quite afew things from them and they are spot on everytime,Gaz  ;)