billozz

Microbore hose
« on: April 20, 2006, 08:18:25 am »
we have noticed that one of the two microbore hoses that we have seems to have expanded,has anyone else had this happen, we cantt understand it the hose has just got fatter than the other one , by quite a bit, if you put them side by side there is at least 3-4 mill difference, it was very tight getting the whole 100mtrs onto the reel anyway now its just not possible,
i am going to have a word with alex at gardiner ( where we bought them ) but i think they are on hols at the mo.
any help or suggestions greatfully recd
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

Re: microbore hoses
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 09:10:52 am »
hi i've got microbore hose i have noticed small sections of the pipe expand when under pressure. though it usually goes back to normal afterward gardiners are closed for hols at the mo! open 1st of may  ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 10:15:06 am »
I have just had the very same problem

The problem is water getting between the inner and outer layer of the hose pipe, if you leave it ,it will eventually burst .

when the hose is under pressure the water will seek escape routes and will force itself between the layers.

Mine started by gettin lumpy then the whole hose ballooned up, if you disconnect the end you will notice the white inner layer getting crushed under pressure from the water at the outer core.

Also you will nnotice your flow rate start to dramaticly reduce , mine went down to less than 1 litre per minute.

cut both ends of the hose and just see how much pressure there is in there, you will be amazed, then make sure you buy the proper microbore connectors especially for the hose reel end and this may eliminate the problem.

Dave

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 10:38:34 am »
Makes alot of sense that does.  i have ordered right connection just waitin for it to arrive?? ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 11:06:41 am »
Callum

Thats how mine started just getting lumpy here and there then one day it ballonned up to normal hose size.

I dont know if any harm has been done to the hose, only time will tell.

It certainly took some working out , at first i thought it was the pump over-pressurising , then when my flow rate started to drop the pump started getting hotter, then i thought my variestream was keeping the pump switched on to long.

Then i took the plunge and cut through the outer section of hose near the connector then thats when i knew .phewwwww!!!!!!!!

billozz

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 05:01:37 pm »
yes we have discovered today that this is the problem that we have.a bit surpising though as we bought them from gardiner already made up so does this mean they have put them together incorrectly. doesnt matter really so long as we can get them right, we cant even reel the hose up now as it wont fit on the reel.

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 09:05:37 pm »
yes we have discovered today that this is the problem that we have.a bit surpising though as we bought them from gardiner already made up so does this mean they have put them together incorrectly. doesnt matter really so long as we can get them right, we cant even reel the hose up now as it wont fit on the reel.

funny you saying that my microbore was from omnipole a was assembled that way!!

sair

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 10:13:12 pm »
i am a supplier of micro bore and this happeed to me also on some of our vans . little bit annoyed as its just another prob to sort out
Essentially Pure Ltd

billozz

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 10:19:24 pm »
we are quite sure that we have the correct fitting for the reel, but i am not sure how to solve this problem i think there must be a leak on the inner hose somehwere, so i think we will have to buy a new hose, hopefully the one we have will be covered under warranty or somehting

billozz

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 10:31:04 pm »
sair,
can you e'mail me with prices of your microbore hose please also might be interesetd in larger than normal size reels if you do them

absdist@aol.com

Microbore hose
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 07:56:57 pm »
Could someone put some pictures up of their microbore hose connections?

Please :D

Re: Microbore hose
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 08:23:29 pm »
mine look like this ;D

H h20

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 08:31:53 pm »
I use about 12" of standard hose with a normal pushfit connector that fits on the inside of my hose reel then i use a reducer, (the blue one in the picture) then it joins the standard and microbore hoses together,then on the other end of the microbore is the brass one,it is a pushfit connector that fits onto my trigger on my pole,Gaz

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2006, 09:09:25 am »
Thanks guys, I have found that under pressure hozelock fittings pop off. How do you get on with Microbore

H h20

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2006, 09:43:30 am »
Not a problem,as long as you use decent connectors you should be ok,i just wish i had started using it sooner, Gaz

DASERVICES

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2006, 02:36:11 pm »

Bear,

I got my Microbore and Hoselock connection from Gardners and have had
  no problems at all apart from the odd bit of grit. The normal Hoselock you
  get from DIY centres are no good at all, these are the ones that pop off
  under pressure.

Doug 

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html

stoner

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2006, 11:17:36 am »
I use about 12" of standard hose with a normal pushfit connector that fits on the inside of my hose reel then i use a reducer, (the blue one in the picture) then it joins the standard and microbore hoses together,then on the other end of the microbore is the brass one,it is a pushfit connector that fits onto my trigger on my pole,Gaz

gaz fairly new to this , i take it that the trigger on your pole cuts the flow of water,not seen this before, what type of pole is this ?

H h20

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2006, 11:25:52 am »

gaz fairly new to this , i take it that the trigger on your pole cuts the flow of water,not seen this before, what type of pole is this ?
Yes,the trigger starts and stops the water flow,the pole is a normal fibregalss pole from gardinerpoles,it is the trigger that i have added,it can be put on any pole,it`s from a Numatic wet and dry carpet cleaner i have them on all my poles,very handy couldn`t work without them,Gaz

fenscouse

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2006, 12:46:58 pm »
gaz,

liked ur trigger idea. Just wondering exactly how it worked and where can u nuy them from? cheers m8

H h20

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2006, 01:23:40 pm »
gaz,

liked ur trigger idea. Just wondering exactly how it worked and where can u nuy them from? cheers m8
I am lucky to have a mate who owns a domestic appliance sales and repair shop and he had a few spare but i know they are not cheap but if mine ever broke i would definatley buy them as they are perfect for the job,
they work like any trigger you just pull and release,one end is connected to the hose that runs up the pole and the other end has the push fit connector to connect to the hose reel from pump,
If you can find a place that sells Numatic cleaners and spares they should be able to get you some,
Here is one i found on ebay,you only need to use the trigger,they just slide out and then you fix it to your pole with a few cable ties,the earlier triggers use to have a loop that just slid over the pole,Gaz
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NUMATIC-VACUUM-UPHOLSTERY-TOOL-GEORGE-CT570-CTD572-ETC_W0QQitemZ4457381319QQcategoryZ42146QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem