gary evans

conservatory & upvc cleaning prices
« on: April 10, 2006, 06:27:45 am »
Hi All

Just to help myself & others could we post help on prices fro upvc cleaning.

I,ve charged previously:         3 bed semi house = £50.00
                                               4 bed detached    = £60.00 +

conservatories from £20.00 upwards

We include all the gutters  & fascia for that price.

Recently been quoting £125.00 for full 3 bed house including conservatory only one taker.

Spoke to one guy from bristol who charges £250.00 to £300.00 per house & gets work.

I feel this is an area where all window cleaners can increase there turn-over especially on existing customers.

Names of chemicals & prices would be a help to all.

Thanks in advance

Gary

master cleaner

Re: conservatory & upvc cleaning prices
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 09:38:30 am »
i charge
£10 per window
£20 if bay window
£15 for a door
i use a solvent cleaner at the moment but am looking for something easier , i have been told tfr is good and there are some products on screwfix that i am going to try

conservatories i havent restored one yet but i would think the price would be a minimum of £200 as i would have to spend £450 on a conservatory ladder to do the job right

cleaning conservatory roofs wfp
minimum £30
clean conservatory with wfp not restore just wash minimum £20

hope this helps

gary

DASERVICES

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 07:57:03 pm »

On Conservatory roofs TFR is top notch, using WFP can be a problem on a
  pastic roof which has baked algae on it. Using TFR will remove it no problem
  and creating less work.

Min price I charge for Con. roof £35

Doug

born slippy

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 08:12:27 pm »
min £45 depending if green or not

Allways Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 11:00:16 pm »
Hi interesting post 1 question what is tfr?
ta
paul

master cleaner

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 11:05:00 pm »
Hi interesting post 1 question what is tfr?
ta
paul

traffic film remover

gary

DASERVICES

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 11:08:05 pm »
  Traffic Film Remover, used in car cleaning, lethal stuff . You need to dilute it,
   acts as a degreaser therefore makes your hands crack, bit like pure water.

Allways Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 11:42:55 pm »
ah ha tfr will have a quick look at screw fit see what they got to offer. pure water dont seem to crack my hands mind u only used it a few times though.
thanks
paul
off to netto (tomorrow) to get me £9.99 back pack

007 or what

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 11:44:15 am »
can i put tfr trough my wfp?????????

carl stanton

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 12:16:05 pm »
i often use Mer car wax! about £10 1ltr dilute a capful or so into a spray bottle, keep those cleaning bottles from home, and for those more harder stains a upvc cleaner
 yuo can go go as far as replacing sealant around frames, use a silacone remover from screwfix or pull and scrace off, price that on how long it takes! i live on the coast so i offer a service of lubricating the hinges to maintain the window
all these services add up ££ but if not priced right can add up to much time wasting! im still learning on price, but i know all these services i do have value.  8)

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 08:52:27 am »
i wonder what prices you would get for this on the wirral? conservatory cleaning and replacing thr sealant around the windows
mark

stephen.b1

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 10:16:40 am »
hear is acleaner that is fantastic its called graffiti remover by 3m its a spray can  spray on leave for a 1 min and scrub with a white scourer and then wash off

ronaldo

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 11:52:38 pm »
D-A services.

Which is the best way to apply T.F.R to conservatory roofs, and especially the ones with the fancy crests or decorative spikes on the top????

Would be gratefull of any advice on this please thanks Ronaldo.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

steve k

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 06:36:54 am »
I use a 5 litre pump sprayer from B+Q...about £15.
I mix 10ml of TFR with the 5 litres of water(20% mix) carry the sprayer (small and light) over shoulder with strap provided and using the lance with trigger, spray the whole roof surface in a couple of minutes.
I have a short WFP attached via a control valve to the garden hose.
I dry agitate the surface just sprayed, particularly the PVC and finials, then turn water on and brush rinse off.
After doing this, I go over finial PVC area and roof bars with hand cream from "CARL F direct" - www.carlfdirect.co.uk.
This is applied with a large sponge and rinsed off with same hose and brush as above. All cleaning is up on roof with me...I have an access ladder with room for stowing equipment.
Once roof area is clean, I clean out gutters and roof panel edges.
Then its a sponge over of ALL exterior ground frame PVC including exterior of gutters with cream cleaner...this takes minutes.
Brush rinse as above, changing to a jet branch to jet out gap between bottom of frames and sill.
Sills are then wiped over and rinsed.
Stow everything away and a final wash from top to bottom with WFP.

ronaldo

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 08:24:17 am »
Thanks Steve.

Morph

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2006, 08:33:56 am »
I mix 10ml of TFR with the 5 litres of water(20% mix) carry the sprayer (small and light) over shoulder with strap provided and using the lance with trigger, spray the whole roof surface in a couple of minutes.
I dry agitate the surface just sprayed, particularly the PVC and finials, then turn water on and brush rinse off.
After doing this, I go over finial PVC area and roof bars with hand cream from "CARL F direct" - www.carlfdirect.co.uk.
This is applied with a large sponge and rinsed off with same hose and brush as above. All cleaning is up on roof with me...I have an access ladder with room for stowing equipment.
Then its a sponge over of ALL exterior ground frame PVC including exterior of gutters with cream cleaner...this takes minutes.
Brush rinse as above, changing to a jet branch to jet out gap between bottom of frames and sill.

Very thorough Steve!
How much for an average size conservatory, say 12'x12' ?

steve k

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2006, 02:45:10 pm »
I price at £30 an hour (in my head) and the basic sizes are taking me 3 hours at the moment. I aim to knock this time down over the next few cleans as I find quicker and easier ways...the price will be the same...£90 for a standard size restorative deep clean. P-shaped (birds eye view) are priced at £120 - £150.
I offer a roof wash for 50% the price but make it clear this will not restore/thoroughly clean the UPVC and finials nor clean out the gutters...this is done with WFP only from the ground.
If the roof was caked in algae or I needed to use access ladder, then I would say to the customer it is not appropriate to just wash the roof as it will not come up very well due to its poor condition, it really needs a restoration clean and then sell them the benefits and price.

carl stanton

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2006, 05:48:48 pm »
i say this knowing that more often than not they dont need cleaning as much [ get on with it man! ]
brown UPVC how would anyone restore that, just for refrence,
i notice when one of my customers had someone clean/ shine/ restore or whatever there brown upvc, it left a nasty oily residue seepage onto the glass, prehaps it was baby oil  ???  :P

ronaldo

TFR ON A BRUSH.
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 09:20:26 pm »

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 08:57:41 am »
Not sure about other pole systems but i use tucker and have a detergent dispenser for traffic film remover,awning cleaner etc