Dani J

Re: Been asked to give a talk at a local school
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, 06:13:17 pm »
Got this email via my website a couple of weeks ago - tomorrow's the day, I'll let you know how I get on. ;D

Hi Ian,

Fulston Manor School has contacted you from the company website, here is the information supplied:

Name: Fulston Manor School
Email:
Phone:
Premises address: Kent
How the client heard of us: website
How we can help:
Good afternoon
I am a business studies teacher at Fulston Manor School and we are teaching our Year 10 students about Franchises and why to run a business as a Franchise.  We were wondering if you would be able to come in and speak to the students about the advantages and disadvantages of being a franchise.

Kind Regards
Karen Franks

That’s fantastic and I would recommend every school to do this.
In general all schools usually do is to teach us things to memories and then end of the year do the test to see if we have memorised well, they never teach us how to make money, so this idea should be in every school.
And I congratulate you ian for doing this, I would even do further and write a book about your franchisee business and give it to every school, not only you help them learn how earn money plus it would be a great publicity for your business.  :)

Spruce

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2013, 06:35:34 pm »
Just thinking that you could catch the attention of every youngster by mentioning McDonalds as a prime Franchise example.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Dani J

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2013, 06:37:46 pm »
Just thinking that you could catch the attention of every youngster by mentioning McDonalds as a prime Franchise example.

Yes but Mc Donalds sell rubbish to people and not exactly a good example for kids.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2013, 06:56:12 pm »
And the good thing is when you give a presentation/talk no-one except you knows if you missed out a sentence so unlike your customers they don't shout "missed a bit!"  ;D

Even if he did miss a bit, I'll give him a "G" anyway  :)

That's going back a bit! Nowadays it's all soft and fluffy and the school overseer has to comment on something commendable and give other counsel "privately".

Wow.  They are going soft  :)

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2013, 05:19:40 pm »
So did you get the schools window cleaning contract Ian?

No.  I have actually cleaned the upper windows on this school some years ago - I did the tops WFP for a mate who was still trad.  Then he got his own WFP so I wasn't needed anymore ;D

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2013, 05:21:32 pm »
Sounds great, well done. Did you manage to find any new budding franchisees?  ;)

No, but the lad I mentioned might turn out to be a serious competitor ;D

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2013, 05:22:44 pm »

I did - they didn't even raise an eyebrow

Dave Mills

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2013, 07:30:47 pm »

Yes but Mc Donalds sell rubbish to people and not exactly a good example for kids.

Yes, "Selling rubbish" will be why they are so successful.

Spruce

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2013, 06:56:31 pm »

I did - they didn't even raise an eyebrow

I'm surprised.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Dani J

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2013, 10:45:24 pm »

Yes, "Selling rubbish" will be why they are so successful.

They wont be for long, people catching up and getting educated for eating rubbish these days, i remember few years back, around lunch time in High streets, there was massive queues in Mc D and Burger King, but no more, yes there are still in business, but in few years time they wont be, unless they change tack tick and sell healthy burgers or some kind of healthy food.  ;)

dave0123

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2013, 11:22:24 pm »
they allready are .. wraps and stuff! butties etc

no idea of they are actually healthy but am sure there healthier than there burgers.
Dave.