John Farrell

Working christmas eve!!!!
« on: December 21, 2012, 11:36:10 am »
Is anyone working Christmas eve. Got to catch up with work as has had problems with my van this last week and fell behind. But feel a bit cheeky working on that day.

Mike #1

Re: Working christmas eve!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 12:25:04 pm »
It is just like any other day to me I will be working providing its not poring with rain . Mike

richywilts

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 12:58:38 pm »
shouldnt be a problem john dont let customer dictate when u work its a normal day in my eyes no bank holiday, people shud be relaxed and in good spirits prob get sum nice tips
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

formb

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 01:31:55 pm »
But feel a bit cheeky working on that day.

I'm with Richy on this one. You are over-thinking it. People will be delighted to have clean windows on Christmas day.

DG Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 02:26:48 pm »
Never work on Christmas eve it's a family day for me ;D

Tom White

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 02:45:09 pm »
It's Christmas eve; treat your customers with some respect and just leave them alone to relax.

Work Saturday instead.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 02:52:19 pm »
Work people want clean windows for Xmas I will be working if its not hissing down
Spit and polish

Dora Jarr

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 02:57:23 pm »

Work Saturday instead.

Are you kidding?

Tom White

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 02:59:32 pm »

Work Saturday instead.

Are you kidding?

Yes.  I'm finished till the New Year; stuff working Saturday or Christmas Eve; I'm celebrating the birth of Our Savoir, the Lord Jesub Christ.

C o z y

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 03:21:54 pm »
Where did window cleaning go wrong for some? If an employer asked or told me to work Sundays or bank holidays, I'd tell them to get stuffed. IMO if you can't run your business to pay enough for a lifestyle, then go and get a job working for someone else.

Having said that, I don't care if you work Sundays or Christmas or bloody night shift. I'm earning enough without watching people eat their evening meal through their windows or turning up to clean the windows while they are laying out the pressies under the tree!!!

I don't second guess my custies, but I feel foolish if I've got a torch to see what windows I'm cleaning or I'm working on a Sunday. I'd feel really stupid walking around the back of a property to clean the windows and straight into a BBQ party.

Maybe a re-think of price structures might help stop having to work Sundays and / or nights.
Noz trying to sound clever here, I learned from listening to people who were doing better than me in this game. There are some well established window cleaners on here who give good advice. You'll find that they're the ones not working Sundays and holidays.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Frankybadboy

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 03:26:48 pm »

Work Saturday instead.

Are you kidding?

Yes.  I'm finished till the New Year; stuff working Saturday or Christmas Eve; I'm celebrating the birth of Our Savoir, the Lord Jesub Christ.
for once i agree with tosh,now thats bad :P :P love you tosh

stuart mc

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 03:28:27 pm »
xmas eve is a monday and a normal working day for most folk, I have always worked it if it falls as a weekday

Frankybadboy

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 03:42:20 pm »
xmas eve is a monday and a normal working day for most folk, I have always worked it if it falls as a weekday
yes but you are a scot and a tight as s,and want the money ;D ;D ;D ;D

love you stu :P

windiewasher

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 03:45:30 pm »
Banks are open monday so why not window cleaners?
Maybe people have a big round and have to work saturday sunday and monday maybe your round is small and wish you had enough work to do saturday.sunday and monday ay CHRIS P BACON
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Tom White

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 03:50:28 pm »
Maybe people have a big round and have to work saturday sunday and monday maybe your round is small and wish you had enough work to do saturday.sunday and monday ay CHRIS P BACON

I've got shed loads of outstanding work; but no-one is going to die if I leave it till the New Year.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 03:54:02 pm »
iam 9 days behind do you think working any extra will next a difference. ;D ;D ;D ;D
NO
what dont get done today gets done tomorrow,my thinking

has i said before i have a life and this is the point of running your own business. ;) ;)

wfp master

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 03:58:19 pm »

Work Saturday instead.

Are you kidding?

agree with that. wee bit collecting the night then thats me finished until  new year.

windiewasher

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 03:59:54 pm »
Im working tommorow.sunday and monday and then off till the 5th of jan.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

wfp master

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 04:04:20 pm »
Where did window cleaning go wrong for some? If an employer asked or told me to work Sundays or bank holidays, I'd tell them to get stuffed. IMO if you can't run your business to pay enough for a lifestyle, then go and get a job working for someone else.

Having said that, I don't care if you work Sundays or Christmas or bloody night shift. I'm earning enough without watching people eat their evening meal through their windows or turning up to clean the windows while they are laying out the pressies under the tree!!!

I don't second guess my custies, but I feel foolish if I've got a torch to see what windows I'm cleaning or I'm working on a Sunday. I'd feel really stupid walking around the back of a property to clean the windows and straight into a BBQ party.

Maybe a re-think of price structures might help stop having to work Sundays and / or nights.
Noz trying to sound clever here, I learned from listening to people who were doing better than me in this game. There are some well established window cleaners on here who give good advice. You'll find that they're the ones not working Sundays and holidays.
thats the way i think good post ma man. custies dont want bothered at the weekend.or christmas eve.

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 04:39:41 pm »
I've worked Christmas Eve in the past with no problems and great tips.

If you want to work just do it; you don't need the approval of people on here.

I have a Fish Bar that gets done every Monday and Thursday and as it's open on those days next week the windows will be cleaned too.

I also have a night club that's cleaned 7 days a week. It's shut on Christmas day so that's my one day off this Christmas, the very reason we usually go away in the sun for two weeks over Christmas; just to get some proper time off!!!
Come and talk dirty to us!!!