neil100

How Long before Frustration ends with WFP?
« on: January 24, 2006, 07:40:49 pm »
This is my Fourth week on wfp, By the end of next week I will be able to start doing 2nd cleans with wfp which I'm looking forward too as First cleans are a real PAIN.

But I'm having great diffiuclty in coping with the frustration that wfp brings. Its a big problem the amount of time the hoses get stuck or caught on something. Or the hose decides to get all affectionate and starts to wrap itself round my legs.

Tradiontal seamed so easy in comparison, No stress no frustration, I just flowed along like a piece of Germanic enginering, Now its an whole new world where I feel like a fish out of water.

Please tell me things improve?

Or is frustration with hoses, plant pots, shrubs etc , just something I am going to have to get used too?

Nel.

Moderator David@stives

Re: How Long before Frustration ends with WFP?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 07:47:25 pm »
You got it    ;D

I loved the affectionate bit.   ;D  It made me laugh

Thanks    ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 08:05:30 pm »
....Or is frustration with hoses, plant pots, shrubs etc , just something I am going to have to get used too?

Nel.
Not to mention breakdowns, water shortages, complaints etc..

That's why I ain't bothering.

I never need to come on here with problems. ;)

Rog. (now don't all shout at me!)

rosskesava

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 08:18:24 pm »
Hi Neil100

The frustration doesn't end.

If I could go back in time I'd work alone and just do bungalows and forget wfp.

Cheers

jeff evans

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 08:22:19 pm »
just remember that you probably got frustrated
trying to get used to the squeegy.
Its going to be a learning curve with anything
new.
Stick with it you probably wont even think about
it in 3 months time.
Best of luck with it.

jeff

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 08:23:27 pm »
Hi Neil100

The frustration doesn't end.

If I could go back in time I'd work alone and just do bungalows and forget wfp.

Cheers

Ross

You know that is not true ,dont you  ;D

Now stop telling lies,  You an all Squeeky i will have have you a £20 bet you will have a system within 3 years

Dave

jeff evans

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 08:34:42 pm »
Nel, what type of jobs do u use it on ?
i will only use mine on the larger houses
where i can make it pay, i have quite a
lot of smaller houses on my round that
it,s just not practical to use it on.
Steve .k who did the diary has the right
game plan for these systems.

cheers jeff

matt

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 08:50:19 pm »
i keep my hose as short as possible, i move the trolley under the middle of the house and my 10 M hose does the front, then move it around the rear, same thing

shorter the hose, the less mess you get in, and the less chance of dragging it though dog / cat mess

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 08:58:45 pm »
i keep my hose as short as possible, i move the trolley under the middle of the house and my 10 M hose does the front, then move it around the rear, same thing

shorter the hose, the less mess you get in, and the less chance of dragging it though dog / cat mess

Couldn't agree with you more matt. The less hose trailing about the better. Horses for courses is my motto. Van mounts are great where access is good and there are few obstacles. Trolley is king on the average domestic round work.

I swear if I took a system into a 10 acre field with one bush somewhere in it the darn hose would get snagged on it :)

Cheers

Andrew

neil100

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 09:03:19 pm »
I'm 97% domestic Jeff.

I'm useing wfp on every house I can, up and down, the only exceptions are really flakey painted frames, or white oxidized aluiminium which i clean the old way.

The reason i am doing wfp on everything is it cost me an arm and a leg, So if I can earn more money faster while doing a good job,GREAT.

My freinds who have gone over to wfp have Domestic rounds and they are so much faster with it they feel embarrassed to ask for payment.

IT is just taking some getting used too.

Yesterday I was useing my 38' pole for the first time, Old styled 4 storey terraced houses. The brush head kept spinning round, I wasted half an hour trying to fix it. IT turned out the thread on the Goosehead had not been machined properly, so the tighting bolt was just spinning on itself. God I thought I have put all this money into this and I am just getting grief.

WFP what have I done?

Nel.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 09:21:56 pm »
....Squeeky i will have have you a £20 bet you will have a system within 3 years
Dave
Not a chance mate.

If I'm forced into it, I'll just start a different business.  :)

rosskesava

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 09:23:03 pm »
Hi neil100

Welcome to the glorious world of WFP.

Today I was doing a commercial contract and the wind at the corner of the buiding caused me to get soaked. No matter where I stood with the pole, I got very wet.

Then later, one of the tubes came off the head and the water started running back down the pole. I didn't realise untill my sleave was full of water. Good job it was nice and warm out.

it cost me an arm and a leg

.....and tons of time setting it all up.

jeff evans

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 09:30:52 pm »
Nel. remember just stick with it. If you have to, make
ajustments as to where u use it on your round.
or alternativly slowly find other jobs you can use
the system on, myself i intend to canvas all my
customers that have conservatorys,

Most of have roofs are full of algae,the very first one i
asked we got the job,with repeat work on it every
3 months, i also intend to canvas for cleaning u.p.v.c
facers boards,this is easy work with this kind of system.
I think the question we all have to ask ourselves is
we have the system how can we make it work for us.

cheers jeff

marc al

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 09:52:22 pm »
  Stick with it, it will get easier, I thought i had wasted my money for the first couple of months, a year on and everything is fine and dandy!!

Jeff, do you really think facias are a doddle with pole, I get fed up with aching arms, back and neck while doing these jobs, not to mention getting wet through, although they do pay rather well - especially if you get four houses in a row all wanting it done at a premium price - not that I struck lucky today or anything ;D ;D

rosskesava

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2006, 10:03:39 pm »
What Jeff wrote is dead right.

There are loads more opportunities with wfp than with trad only methods.

I was making comments on the not so publicised side of wfp - the hassle.

Not to mention not going up 3 extension ladders anymore sometimes with my heart in my mouth.

master cleaner

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2006, 10:13:31 pm »
ive been using wfp for 4 months , previous to that i was traditional for 11 years
all my work is domestic and i use 2 trolleys 1 for me and 1 for my son
first week i thought it was the biggest mistake i had made

now 4 months on i realise it is the best thing i have ever done
window cleaning wise,
you get extra money for cleaning the frames which take no time at all when doing traditional it took ages to clean the frames and also on large windows you might have to go up your ladder up to 4 times to clean bay windows

not anymore

stick with it and put another post on here in 3 months to let us know how you are getting on then

gary

P @ F

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2006, 10:23:50 pm »
Neil 100 , stick with it mate , i have been at it for about 5 months and its only really starting to flow now , what i have found is that if you pull the hose round to the furthest point you need to get to it makes it so much easier , i should have thought of this before but i didnt !
Now i still think i can be faster but i earn more than i ever did on ladders so who cares , in the way of system problems , i cant say as i have had any real bad expirieces yet , i think the only other upgrade im going to do in the near future is switch to micro bore hose .
By the way , at the mo i only use a 50 METRE  hose , if i want to use 100 m in the future will i need to up my pump to 100psi from the 60 psi  i have ?

Rich   P @ F  
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

neil100

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2006, 10:27:16 pm »
Gary,
You say you thought it was a mistake buying wfp in the first week, how long was it before you were glad you had done it?

I have got other jobs all lined up in the spring, Con roofs. Facia's, Gutters.To make some extra money.

Thats not the point though, I just want to be at ease with the new system without the hassle. Or is it a case of what came first, the chicken or the egg?

Nel.

neil100

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2006, 10:42:25 pm »
Rich,

I have 2 reels in the van. For the first three weeks it was 1/2" only. This week with doing more Bungalows Iam useing the microbore which is a revalation compared to the 1/2" hose.

I have been so impressed with it I have just orderd another 60 mtr to swap at the weekend with the 1/2" hose. I have 100 mtr microbore allready but I want to see what the flow rate is like with the 60. I have tryed useing the 1/2" because a lot of the frames are just Filth, so I have been flooding the windows, I feel like NOAH without the Ark.

THats another thing the  money just keeps on being spent, another £500.00 this week on more poles, hose and spares.

Moan wfp, moan wfp. Please let things pick up.

Nel.

P @ F

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2006, 11:51:00 pm »
They will pick up Neil , dont worry , i earnt it and spent it as you are doing , i spent £600 on poles in the first 2 weeks !
Every time i thought that i had it all covered , another job came up which required a new length of pole , i have it pretty much covered now , i hope !

You say you have 100 m of micro , what pump do you have running it ?
What is the flow rate like ?

Rich   P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !