davidsabishop

New Trade Association Launched (for wfp users)
« on: December 14, 2005, 11:12:38 am »
This is an online association for wfp users only.
The website has a fully searchable database of wfp suppliers.
Members will have 100 words to describe their business with all contact details plus a link. Other benefits are listed on the site.
The website will be at or near the top of all the major search engines by the end of January.
I am still populating the database but if you see any ommissions please email me

http://www.nawc.biz

Ben Walker

Re: New Trade Association Launched (for wfp users)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 03:51:20 pm »
ha, check out the training video
someones having a larf!  ;D

... 'demonstration of the technology only' i though it was going to be wfp technology. so, i see, a demonstration of video technology! woops

pjulk

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 04:42:20 pm »
David

How many members are there at the moment

John Conroy

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 05:42:30 pm »
A new Trade Association? this is a one man calling himself a trade association, and going by DTI laws to call yourself National Association of Window Cleaners   (A TRADE ASSOCIATION) when you don't have a committee and have a constitution is against the DTI trading laws :o  

Rob_j

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 05:55:25 pm »
I can't bleive I wasted 5 minutes of my life downloading and watching a vidieo that had nothing to do with window cleaning.

Not a good start.

Cheers
Rob

Rob_j

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 06:01:34 pm »
Neither can believe that I can't spell believe or video,

Doh!!

John Conroy

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 06:06:57 pm »
AND having a dig at ladder users ::) not good for the industry WFP V Ladders  >:( should not be Window Cleaning in the name (WFP only) I am happy for someone to do something positive but bad judgement all round.      

davidsabishop

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 06:52:52 pm »
Its the insurance companies that don't like ladders.
I can get wfp users as much as 50% off Employers Liability cover by NOT using ladders.

Gordon_Taylor

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 07:10:49 pm »
National Association of Window Cleaners who don't use ladders, that's like having a association for air line pilot's that don't fly planes.
You water fed user's should remember your root's instead of slagging off anybody that still use's ladders.

Gordon
Quality is doing it right, even when no-one is looking.

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 07:54:33 pm »
Its the insurance companies that don't like ladders.

Don't talk Piffle,

Insurance companies love ladders users, whether they are, WC's, Painters or builders they make a fortune out of us ladder users far more than they will ever make from your association.

Come on guys, you know what David means.

As a recent new-commer to WFP (and relatively speaking; window cleaning in general; three years next March); I honestly think that hardened ladder users should use a bit of common sense and make the move towards getting a WFP.

Not only is it safer; it's quicker and easier. 

I can't believe there even is a WFP versus Ladders debate.  I still use ladders, but only for around 5% of my accounts.  Those where I deem I'm quicker for ladders, or I can't gain access with a WFP.

Educate yourself (see Matt's DIY site (provide a link please Matt)) and then educate your customers with David's WFP explanation letter (available from the documents to upload section).

You can get an entry level set-up for around £600.

In the area I live, I think there's just about more WFP window cleaners than traditional ladder users.

'They' say it's not a 'magic wand'; but it is in many ways.

Rob_j

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 08:02:26 pm »
Gordon,
I agree, I am mostly WFP but I still use ladders from time to time to gain access to windows above flat roofs so I will not benefit from any insurance savings.

What I don't understand is the hostility between window cleaners using different methods, there is plenty of room for us all. If you are happy using ladders then thats fair enough I say

Cheers
Rob

JohnL

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 09:20:29 pm »
Wow Tosh - for a moderator thats pretty strong and objectionable language isnt it?

''use a bit of common sense '' . . ''Educate yourself '' . . ''You can get an entry level set-up for around £600'' 

are you coughing up the money as well as the disparaging comments

sorry Tosh but those comments go way over the top with regards to sound advice

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Gordon_Taylor

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 10:31:12 pm »
"use common sense" and "educate yourself" I think you have been drinking your pure water rather than using it for working,

for someone who has been cleaning for not even three years I think you need to open your eye's a bit, it's not ladder use'ers that have started this so called wfp versus ladders debate but when you get people who have not even seen three winters as window cleaner telling you to use a bit of common and educate youself it will always cause offence, stop slagging off people who use ladders day in and day out like they have for years and remember if was not for the bucket and ladder that you first bought you would not be able to buy your wfp in the first place.

Gordon.
Quality is doing it right, even when no-one is looking.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2005, 07:37:35 am »
There will always be a role for ladders. We have run our firm for 26 years cleaning windows and WFP for 5 years. WE think that WFP is the best thing since sliced bread! BUT we still carry ladders on our vehicles because there will always be places that nothing else will do, this is why dear old H & S have not 'banned ' them just tried to make us safer on them. We have several people who work for us and we would never take them on unless they had a good grounding in traditional methods. Long live window cleaning in all its forms.

Ps. I pick up a squeege about once a week!

poles apart

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2005, 07:47:06 am »
After watching the video I feel much more confident of doing a better job with the poles! ???

What a waste of my time ::)

matt

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2005, 11:05:52 am »

Educate yourself (see Matt's DIY site (provide a link please Matt))

certainly Tosh, you know me ;) anything to help

http://www.d.co.uk

John Conroy

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2005, 12:34:07 pm »
John is not Tosh he has to do a lot of fence sitting with being a mod, its this so called Trade association for window cleaners WFP USERS having a dig at ladder users slagging us off >:(   

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2005, 09:18:39 pm »
David

How many members are there at the moment

Interesting question.

National Association of Window Cleaners who don't use ladders, that's like having a association for air line pilot's that don't fly planes.
You water fed user's should remember your root's instead of slagging off anybody that still use's ladders.

Gordon

Or perhaps an association for pilots who only fly jets? (as opposed to piston-engined and turbo-prop aircraft)

If I go back to my family roots (both of my grandfathers' time) then I'll spend four years in the trenches in WW1 (only to lose my mind having flashbacks in my old age) or four years firing field guns and deafening myself in the process.

My roots are there and I'll choose the bits that are more likely to help me in all aspects of my life.
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2005, 05:32:45 pm »
"use common sense" and "educate yourself" I think you have been drinking your pure water rather than using it for working,

for someone who has been cleaning for not even three years I think you need to open your eye's a bit, it's not ladder use'ers that have started this so called wfp versus ladders debate but when you get people who have not even seen three winters as window cleaner telling you to use a bit of common and educate youself it will always cause offence, stop slagging off people who use ladders day in and day out like they have for years and remember if was not for the bucket and ladder that you first bought you would not be able to buy your wfp in the first place.

Gordon.

Sorry if I caused any offence Gordon.  I'm would never 'slag' anyone for using a ladder.  I still use a ladder on a regular basis; at least once or twice a day.  Sometimes more.  But my WFP cleans the bulk of my 1st floor windows and all of the 2nd floor windows I do.

If you transition to WFP or not; that's up to you.  It's no skin off my nose.  However, I do think you should plan to get a WFP.  The advantages greatly outweigh the disadvantages, no matter how you look at the overall subject of window cleaning!

Also, I take offense at your statement that 'my eyes aren't open'.

Just because I'm half-Japanese and have slanty eyes; doesn't mean I can't see as much as you 'horizontal-eyed rice-pudding eaters'.  ;)

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2005, 05:53:46 pm »
Wow Tosh - for a moderator thats pretty strong and objectionable language isnt it?

JohnL

No, JohnL,

Not at all.  Just my opinion, which even as a moderator; I'm allowed to have and post. 

If you're short of cash for a WFP system, see Matt's DIY site.