rosie

new business
« on: August 07, 2008, 03:55:05 pm »
hello im new to this site and in need of lots of advice please.

first of all i need a name for my business, what sort of prices do you charge for domestic and office cleaning?  I left my full time job in march and have so far got a few clients, but im not sure if i charge by the hour or the size of the house?

Any advice given would be so helpful

Thank you in advance

rosie

kelly acs

Re: new business
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 01:37:58 pm »
To answer your first question i'd say look in your local yellow pages and choose a name completely different to your competition. Something beginning with A gets you near the top which is always good too!

Do not charge by the hour no matter how much a customer begs for an hourly rate. I don't know any cleaners who do that and make profit. If I told my customers the real hourly rate they would run a mile. You have to calculate all your over heads, equipment, materials, wages, consumables tax NI and of course your own time.

Giving customers a price guide may help but always go see the job for yourself before giving a quote. Best of luck.
it's a dirty job but someones gotta do it!

rosie

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 03:41:14 pm »
Hi kelly.

Thank you for the advice, may i also ask what cleaning products do you use, do you go for normal house hold names or are there products out there that you can buy from the wholesalers.

If anyone could give me the name of the products they are using and what works best that would be great thanks.

Michelle

kelly acs

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 05:48:19 pm »
We don't use a lot of domestic materials no. Our local supplier sells pro chem which is great but it is quite expensive. They also make their own brand called swan but not sure if they sell to the mainland as we are based on the isle of wight.

If you are doing domestic and office cleaning you may get away with using domestic products however it will eat away at your profits you are probably better doing what I do and buying 5ltr containers of detergents and bleach and decantering into squirty bottles. (make sure you clearly label them my supplier now prints me warning labels for any harmful products) as it is illegal to put these in unmarked bottles.

It would be worth going through the yellow pages and checking out suppliers in your area. Go and visit them, explain you are a new business and if they do you a good deal you will use them regularly. I get a lot of advice from my supplier too on the best products to use they even tell me if a product isn't very good or if thee is a a cheaper product available!

I get a massive discount from our supplier now at least 40% off their retail price. You are at an advantage being female just be polite and friendly i'm sure you will get a good deal!
it's a dirty job but someones gotta do it!

rosie

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 10:27:26 pm »
Hi Kelly,

thank you for the advice and info, really appreciate it

Kind Regards

Michelle

jana08

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 01:12:37 pm »
Hi Kelly

you said not to charge by the hour, but how do i get round that if its a regular clean every week??

please email me  brighterclean@live.com

thank you

darrenbale

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 11:52:00 pm »
Hi rosie,
Just wondered how you were getting on and if you had found a supplier yet?
Check out www.freshcleaningsolutions.co.uk/shop and have a look at our products.
"for all your cleaning needs"
Fresh Cleaning Solutions Ltd

hotsteam

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 09:54:26 am »
Hi Michelle if you tell us where you are based people  may be able to help !
Regards Hotsteam  ::)