jk999

Re: Heater price is here (diesel)
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2019, 08:51:54 pm »
Theres allways one isn't there you have to clean so many houses n it costs x amount to run so what if it does if people want to buy it so be it ,its like people when pricing houses say they have to add their fuel to the price of the clean bull

dazmond

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2019, 09:08:27 pm »
I wouldn't buy one either.

£3 a day running costs £60 a month plus buying the thing and servicing costs.

Its not expensive but simply isn't needed.

It's only a handful of days where we get anywhere near freezing during the day and then if it dips below water will freeze anyway so I don't see the point.

Warm hoses? Meh just wear gloves.

your saying that now Adam but if/when you ve been WFP for nearly 10 years you might think differently......to me its not all about the money.....i could probably save £2k a year in expenses if i didnt have my diesel heater and the running costs,electric reel and buying a new xtreme pole every year but my every day workday wouldnt be as comfortable/as easy as it is now.....

Absolute nonsense, even if you're only using  £5 a day in fuel its £25 a week over 44 weeks which is around £1100, add the buying servicing and maintenance costs and over a ten year period and your heater will cost you £2k a year on its own.
This means you would have to clean an extra 133 properties at £15 just to stay the same yearly, a good pole can be justified the same with an electric reel but having to do all that extra work just to have supple hoses and warm hands is idiotic and you know it.

i did 5 hours "on the glass" today..... 8 properties and earned £331-00.......happy days......£66-20 an hour......i dont care about the cost of heating my water!
price higher/work harder!

david mark

« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2019, 10:06:02 pm »
Diesel engines are being phased out so what next will we heat our water with huge solar panels on the roof of the van

P @ F

« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2019, 10:20:56 pm »
Diesel engines are being phased out so what next will we heat our water with huge solar panels on the roof of the van
Don’t matter , home heating oil can be used instead , well it can in my heater anyway  , or red diesel for that matter , or kerosene or veg oil
The beauty of a standalone tank  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2019, 10:24:16 pm »
I ran mine today for 6 hours full pelt , 40/50 at the brush , broke my heart when it took £2.50 to top up the tank on the way home !

Dry Clean

« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2019, 10:45:23 pm »
Theres allways one isn't there you have to clean so many houses n it costs x amount to run so what if it does if people want to buy it so be it ,its like people when pricing houses say they have to add their fuel to the price of the clean bull
Its your money so buy whatever you want,  just don't come on and wibble about it being a sound cost effective business decision or something that makes your work life easier when it isn't and doesn't.

nathankaye

« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2019, 11:00:36 pm »
Rich, cheers for the figures n testing 👍
For people like myself, im sure an insulated tank will help those figure  but my tank is 500ltrs and I probably keep it topped up at around 400ltrs. Whilst your findings are currently based on a 350ltr tank.
Would it be beneficial to have, say a feeder tank, say 100ltr which it drains from and feeds into and would that give greater results or not (hypothetical)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

jk999

« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2019, 11:07:12 pm »
I dont intend on buying one im happy with what i use dont need heated water just saying if people want to buy it then its up to them i dont think most of them care about the cost

NWH

Re: Heater price is here (diesel)e
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2019, 11:26:40 pm »
Its your money so buy whatever you want,  just don't come on and wibble about it being a sound cost effective business decision or something that makes your work life easier when it isn't and doesn't.
It does though m8 it makes the really dirty jobs as easy as cold does with 3-4 weekly cleans with nothing on the glass to clean,I’ve cleaned jobs that I know I couldn’t have done as good a job with cold.
Like you say it’s an individual decision but if you can afford it even if it’s heating water with an element etc even if you’ve got warm water to work with it makes life much easier, I turned mine off and worked with cold checked windows and the dreaded runs and spots were back that’s the trouble with cold water you need to rinse like billyo   I did a old leaded house today with cold water when I went inside it looked like someone had dropped coffee down some of them,never had that trouble with hot water as I always do inside and out on this house.
Unless you check your work using cold from inside especially upstairs windows you can’t see the difference over the 2 hot and cold.

NWH

« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2019, 11:31:09 pm »
Apart from the obvious problem  that comes with using water  that is too hot on certain windows  I’ve had very little quality issues on the finish using hot,it’s there for you all to see if you check your work with cold water.
They all look clean from 15-20 feet away.

chris turner

« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2019, 07:55:39 am »
I dont use hot but I think it's fair to say that cold water alone isn't actually that great at cleaning windows.
Takes ages to remove bird poop, snail trails, bug poop, pollen spots etc, that's if it can remove them at all. I tend to always have a bottle of neat chemical with me to give windows that bit of extra cleaning.
Hot definitely has its benefits but not for 4 or 5k, when 1 spray of neat chemical will do just as good a job as hot but for peanuts really, just adds an extra few seconds to each job. At under 1k though I think this heater is extraordinarily good value for money. Surely if you want to do the best possible job in the quickest possible time, hot is a no brainer, especially at this price point.
Count me in P F..... thanks

zesty

« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2019, 08:36:16 am »
Rich,

Does this heater only re circulate into the tank? Or can it be run straight through to the brush head?

I’ve got a 750litre tank, so recirculating isn’t going to be very effective for me! Although it might help raise the temp slightly.

If it can be run straight through like a gas heater, then that’s great..

P @ F

« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2019, 09:12:05 am »
Rich,

Does this heater only re circulate into the tank? Or can it be run straight through to the brush head?

I’ve got a 750litre tank, so recirculating isn’t going to be very effective for me! Although it might help raise the temp slightly.

You can recirculate  in 2 ways , either straight from heater direct to tank or by plugging the end of hose reel into a tee piece fitted after the PRV , this feeds constant hot through the reel when not in use , that then goes to tank , you lose a bit of heat but it keeps the reel pre heated for the next job

nathankaye

« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2019, 09:16:39 am »
Rich,

This is also my concern with the 500ltr tank and I was considering a feeder tank of say 100 ltrs or so and that should help but obviously takes up space.
As 40 degree water at the brush end is good and certainly nice for the hose.  At the moment ive been back with cold as I havent got round to replacing the broken thermostat for my immersion.  The cold main hose is really frustrating me now, compared to the soft, easy to use hose with hot water!  That alone is worth the spend on richs option for hot.  The second reason why a diesel heater is good, is because I have had many a nights where ive been distracted with family life and I have forgotten to turn the heater on 😥.

The draw back for me though, is when I started trying to get Hot water, I used fish tank style heaters and managed to get 40degree water in the tank and realised if my flow was up, I would not loose many degrees going to the brush end.  This set my quest off for hot water because 40 was good but I wanted hotter for various reasons.  Unless I change my mind set, I think I would be spending additional time trying to get the water hotter, esp with the size tank I have.   
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2019, 09:17:55 am »
Oh I think I see what you are saying now !

It works like this ....

When cleaning the hot goes direct from heater to brush.
When you turn off the brush it goes direct to tank .
When you get back to van you pick either of the recirc methods in the last post

zesty

« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2019, 09:19:00 am »
Rich,

You can recirculate  in 2 ways , either straight from heater direct to tank or by plugging the end of hose reel into a tee piece fitted after the PRV , this feeds constant hot through the reel when not in use , that then goes to tank , you lose a bit of heat but it keeps the reel pre heated for the next job

Ok mate, can you upload a video on YouTube explaining all this? Would be good to see it in action and what the options are!

Smudger

« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2019, 09:48:11 am »
Apart from the obvious problem  that comes with using water  that is too hot on certain windows  I’ve had very little quality issues on the finish using hot,it’s there for you all to see if you check your work with cold water.
They all look clean from 15-20 feet away.

Assuming you can be bothered to clean the frames - something I understand you don't always do

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2019, 09:59:56 am »
 ;D :D :D

NWH

« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2019, 10:01:17 am »
Makes no difference cold water leaves spots and runs unless you rinse forever in a day,top frame water when hot evaporates in seconds with cold it sits there,look at your cold windows from inside not from 20-30ft away.

NWH

« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2019, 10:04:18 am »
Cold water cleans like you say in country’s like america or similar climates when the glass is very hot from the sun,the longer waters on the glass the more chance you are going to get mistakes like I say view cold water work from inside a job and not just windows that sheet,you can clean those type of windows with P*SS.