Jonny 87

Re: Heater price is here (diesel)
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2019, 05:59:04 pm »
Although saying that you won’t get the same results or cleaning effect with water that is 40 odd degrees
True mate , but I did not set out to better a 9Kw system as I am using a 5Kw unit , it’s more economic to run , uses far less power, no second pumps , no second batteries , no secondary coolant loop and tank .
Just 40 or so at the brush is ample for most , blimey even 30 at the head would please me in sub zeros !

That’s exactly it P@F.

If I’m honest, 40 degrees at the brush is what I aim for. My 9kw often gives me more, but 40 degrees is perfect. I don’t think for general window cleaning you need scalding hot water.

Although I’ve just recently paid close to 5k for a full webasto hot water system, I really hope this takes off for you!

Hot water should be something available for all wfp window cleaners, and this is an option that makes it much more affordable.

One suggestion........

Create a YouTube channel, name your heater, show videos of it set up, running, and also how to set it up.

People will have a lot more confidence to buy from you if they see things up and running.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

P @ F

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2019, 06:27:55 pm »
That is the plan but the only finished heater is in my van already , what I need to do is get another one done as it would be supplied, mine is retro fitted to what I already have in the van , I don’t think it would do a video justice .
Hopefully I can get one sorted before Christmas and get the video out first thing in the new year
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

nathankaye

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2019, 06:49:19 pm »

Me thinks Rich's system will be a whole lot safer than lpg systems
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2019, 07:16:20 pm »
Just been doing  a test for you today Nath !
Heater been running at half power since 12.30 today just cycling the water in my 350 tank
Last check was 5pm
Water had risen from 11 to 27
15 amps of power used
750ml of diesel used .
Will have another look in a while when I shut it down to get the final result
It’s looking like it would need to be run at full chat all night to run it like immersion setup , about 3L of diesel I reckon ,

P @ F

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2019, 08:42:49 pm »
Although saying that you won’t get the same results or cleaning effect with water that is 40 odd degrees
True mate , but I did not set out to better a 9Kw system as I am using a 5Kw unit , it’s more economic to run , uses far less power, no second pumps , no second batteries , no secondary coolant loop and tank .
Just 40 or so at the brush is ample for most , blimey even 30 at the head would please me in sub zeros !

That’s exactly it P@F.

If I’m honest, 40 degrees at the brush is what I aim for. My 9kw often gives me more, but 40 degrees is perfect. I don’t think for general window cleaning you need scalding hot water.

Although I’ve just recently paid close to 5k for a full webasto hot water system, I really hope this takes off for you!

Hot water should be something available for all wfp window cleaners, and this is an option that makes it much more affordable.

One suggestion........

Create a YouTube channel, name your heater, show videos of it set up, running, and also how to set it up.

People will have a lot more confidence to buy from you if they see things up and running.

Just re read this Jonny , I must say that it is refreshing to see that although you have the top notch pro fit system you still agree that 40 is ample for the day to day stuff !

P @ F

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2019, 08:51:30 pm »
Result time ...
7.5 hours running at half power took 350L of  11 degree water up to 35 c.
25 amps usage .
Pics that follow are diesel use and what the heater did to 35c water at full power , tank is 10L

Dry Clean

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2019, 09:19:01 pm »
Hot water is rubbish and is the same as cold until someone offers it cheaper lol,you’ve just got to laugh to yourself really.

Some people want it for winter work. supple hoses and so on but don't see that being worth £4.5k, I know you don't get sensible so I can understand why you would find that funny.
Lol yeah yeah you interested now in hot water are you now it’s offered for under a grand.

No I have used a gas hot water system which didn't make a difference to my daily work load or clean, I'm also fortunate enough not to need to work in minus temps so no I wont be one of his customers.

P @ F

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2019, 09:28:01 pm »
Come on Dry Clean , you know you want one  :D

Dry Clean

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2019, 09:38:16 pm »
Come on Dry Clean , you know you want one  :D
Me no but if I hear of anybody looking for one I will certainly recommend your heater to them, it makes a welcome change to see a bit of genuine innovation on here.

Dry Clean

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2019, 09:44:42 pm »
I suspect that a lot of diy campervan converters would also be interested in a reasonably priced on demand diesel heater as a safe gas one can cost thousands.

Shrek

« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2019, 09:53:02 pm »
Il admit , I would like warm water in the winter so my hands aren’t as cold but that’s about it. I wouldn’t pay £4.5k for warm hands and I don’t want it because I can’t clean windows with cold water either. Just want to be more comfortable in the winter time, absolutely no issues the rest of the year

Stoots

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2019, 10:17:09 pm »
I wouldn't buy one either.

£3 a day running costs £60 a month plus buying the thing and servicing costs.

Its not expensive but simply isn't needed.

It's only a handful of days where we get anywhere near freezing during the day and then if it dips below water will freeze anyway so I don't see the point.

Warm hoses? Meh just wear gloves.

P @ F

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2019, 10:24:30 pm »
Excellent points above chaps !
We all know that cold does as good a job as warm/hot in caring hands  .
My mission has not been to say hot is the only way , it has just been to find a way to get it without the price tag !
I couldn’t care less if nobody buys one to be blunt , I have spent nothing in the grand scheme of things , it’s been fun to do and I too have warm hands all day .
They are nice though  ;D ;D ;D ;D

zesty

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2019, 07:55:07 am »
Can’t wait for it, I think getting hot water for the price you’ve suggested is amazing value. Even if all it does is supple up the hoses and make working that bit more comfortable.

Totally depends on how much money people want to spend on these kind of things.

dazmond

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2019, 08:44:08 am »
Can’t wait for it, I think getting hot water for the price you’ve suggested is amazing value. Even if all it does is supple up the hoses and make working that bit more comfortable.

Totally depends on how much money people want to spend on these kind of things.

once you ve got used to using hot water for cleaning its very hard to go back to using cold.....when my second heater(first one broke on a freezing night) had a gas leak and i took it out of my van,i tried to convince myself that cold water was just the same,its not!its far more comfortable using warm/hot water  in the winter and its easier for cleaning dirt off generally on a day to day basis but esp in the warmer months as the water is much hotter so its great for the longer frequency cleans,first cleans and add ons as well as splashing and dashing through your 4 weekly work...... :)
price higher/work harder!

DeLuce

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2019, 05:31:24 pm »
I think you’ve done an amazing job P@F. It must be really satisfying seeing your idea becoming a practical tool. Superb mate. At a really decent price.
 I also agree with Jonny and the temp. 40 degrees is a useful operating temp for cleaning. I don’t like to go much hotter really unless I’m doing plastics.
 I’d also like to say that I was lucky enough to get myself a hot system due to personal lucky circumstances at the time I needed a new van. So I upgraded a few things. I previously had an immersion setup which worked really well. But not everybody has the funds to make a big outlay, nor possibly the inclination as it’s not worth it for them.
The reason I say this, is that whatever system we run, there should be no ; us and them sides of snobbery on the forum. I hate it when other hot users get all precious and think they are above others and treat ‘cold users’ , like they’re second class citizens of the window cleaning world.
It’s divisive. We’re here to help each other out ,regardless of systems used.
Hot or cold, the job gets done.
So come on fellas, share the love.  :-*

Bungle

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2019, 06:35:12 pm »
I don't want to be 'Captain Chip P1sser' and fair play to P@F I'll be keeping an eye open on these heaters, but, will you not need some sort of certification to sell something that could potentially blow up/cause serious injury? He might have that base covered?

Where is Lee Pryors hot water system? Any news on that yet?
We look at them, they look through them.

dazmond

« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2019, 07:56:42 pm »

It's only a handful of days where we get anywhere near freezing during the day and then if it dips below water will freeze anyway so I don't see the point.

your saying that now Adam but if/when you ve been WFP for nearly 10 years you might think differently......to me its not all about the money.....i could probably save £2k a year in expenses if i didnt have my diesel heater and the running costs,electric reel and buying a new xtreme pole every year but my every day workday wouldnt be as comfortable/as easy as it is now.....
price higher/work harder!

Phil J

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2019, 08:22:52 pm »
Well done P & F. Hope you manage to produce them on a big scale. Good luck pal.

Dry Clean

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2019, 08:34:23 pm »

your saying that now Adam but if/when you ve been WFP for nearly 10 years you might think differently......to me its not all about the money.....i could probably save £2k a year in expenses if i didnt have my diesel heater and the running costs,electric reel and buying a new xtreme pole every year but my every day workday wouldnt be as comfortable/as easy as it is now.....

Absolute nonsense, even if you're only using  £5 a day in fuel its £25 a week over 44 weeks which is around £1100, add the buying servicing and maintenance costs and over a ten year period and your heater will cost you £2k a year on its own.
This means you would have to clean an extra 133 properties at £15 just to stay the same yearly, a good pole can be justified the same with an electric reel but having to do all that extra work just to have supple hoses and warm hands is idiotic and you know it.