Jonny 87

Re: Heater price is here (diesel)
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2019, 07:13:38 am »
Sorry P@F,

This threads gone way off tangent because of some who just like to argue.

All the best with the heater though. I’ll
definitely be keeping a close eye too, I’ve got another vehicle that I use for work that’s currently got an immersion system that I’d like to upgrade.

Can the cabinet be put in landscape at all? On its side? It’s a pickup that I’m thinking about.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

NWH

« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2019, 09:21:57 am »
If you clean windows the same way with cold as you do hot or at the same speed that’s when you can see the difference,that’s why with hot it’s quicker it breaks everything down on the glass quicker. If you scrub a really dirty window with cold water it shifts the top layer but you have to keep scrubbing to disturb it all on the glass,the hot water alone with no scrubbing will move some of the dirt I’ve tried this and a job with balcony railings I can clean to a good standard by just holding hot water over the glass with no agitation.
This is why less passes are needed over a window with hot water the heat from the water breaks up the dirt on its own and little scrubbing is needed,with cold water the only thing breaking down the dirt is the brush the cold water will just run over the top of the dirt.

NWH

« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2019, 09:24:40 am »
Hold a greasy plate under cold water and then try the same with hot water and see just by doing that  see how much grease is removed,cold water and fairy liquid will wash dishes to the same standard but use hot water and it will be easier with less scrubbing needed.

Dry Clean

« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2019, 12:16:46 pm »
Hold a greasy plate under cold water and then try the same with hot water and see just by doing that  see how much grease is removed,cold water and fairy liquid will wash dishes to the same standard but use hot water and it will be easier with less scrubbing needed.

When I start getting  grease on the glass Ill  use hot until then cold will do fine, talk about clueless.

NWH

« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2019, 01:00:59 pm »
Ok probably a better experiment would be to smear mud on a old dinner plate get it really dirty and just run cold water over it,then do the same with just hot water.
The hot water above 55 odd degrees will almost clean the plate with no scrubbing at all,try it and you’ll see what I mean.

Don Kee

« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2019, 02:19:46 pm »
If you clean windows the same way with cold as you do hot or at the same speed that’s when you can see the difference,that’s why with hot it’s quicker it breaks everything down on the glass quicker. If you scrub a really dirty window with cold water it shifts the top layer but you have to keep scrubbing to disturb it all on the glass,the hot water alone with no scrubbing will move some of the dirt I’ve tried this and a job with balcony railings I can clean to a good standard by just holding hot water over the glass with no agitation.
This is why less passes are needed over a window with hot water the heat from the water breaks up the dirt on its own and little scrubbing is needed,with cold water the only thing breaking down the dirt is the brush the cold water will just run over the top of the dirt.

As hard as that was to read, I get all that but that’s not what I asked.

I’ll try one more time, see if you can comprehend the question...

You said cold water spots windows but hot water doesn’t. Nothing about agitation or time, just that cold water spots and hot doesn’t.

So...assuming that’s true, why?

I dont care about how long you take with cold, whether you may get whiplash with hotwater or how greasy your dinner plate is.
I just want to know why cold spots and hot doesn’t.

(It’s ok to say I don’t know by the way, I wont think any less of you than I already do)

NWH

« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2019, 02:36:21 pm »
I’m not interested in what some peasants might think about me m8

KS Cleaning

« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2019, 03:29:17 pm »
The way you go on about really dirty windows all the time  you must be doing a lot of 1st cleans?Unless you are working next to the sea, 4 and 8 weekly regular work is never as dirty as you suggest. Maybe  once you’re better established you will gain more regular  work, then the penny might drop, you don’t need scalding hot water to clean what are essentially clean windows😉

Don Kee

« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2019, 03:57:37 pm »

So you made it up?

I’ve not said whether or not I clean with hot or cold by the way.
All I’m doing is calling out a bullpoo claim with the only evidence is “I clean some insides”.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2019, 04:04:40 pm »

So you made it up?

I’ve not said whether or not I clean with hot or cold by the way.
All I’m doing is calling out a bullpoo claim with the only evidence is “I clean some insides”.
believes his own cr ap ...

P @ F

« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2019, 05:06:19 pm »
Well here it is , a very poor look at the heater , not my strong point this , just ignore the noise level as my phone made it sound horrible when on full , it isn’t that bad !
Also don’t forget that all the pipes will be enclosed within a full alloy cage along with the PRV

https://youtu.be/IKwOvQOz2B8
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Splash & dash

« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2019, 05:20:02 pm »

As hard as that was to read, I get all that but that’s not what I asked.

I’ll try one more time, see if you can comprehend the question...

You said cold water spots windows but hot water doesn’t. Nothing about agitation or time, just that cold water spots and hot doesn’t.i

So...assuming that’s true, why?

I dont care about how long you take with cold, whether you may get whiplash with hotwater or how greasy your dinner plate is.
I just want to know why cold spots and hot doesn’t.

(It’s ok to say I don’t know by the way, I wont think any less of you than I already do)

Neither will spot if you clean properly and rinse right and use 000 tds

Jonny 87

« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2019, 05:55:43 pm »
Well here it is , a very poor look at the heater , not my strong point this , just ignore the noise level as my phone made it sound horrible when on full , it isn’t that bad !
Also don’t forget that all the pipes will be enclosed within a full alloy cage along with the PRV

Excellent. Looks very good, I can see how it works now. Don’t worry about the quality of the video, it does the job.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

robbo333

« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2019, 05:55:59 pm »
I only use cold at the moment and i'm happy with it.

But I studied Physics, so I can see the benefits of hot water.

I hope it all goes well P&F and thank you for keeping us all informed.

Let me know when they are up for sale.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

P @ F

« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2019, 06:29:31 pm »
Sorry P@F,

This threads gone way off tangent because of some who just like to argue.

All the best with the heater though. I’ll
definitely be keeping a close eye too, I’ve got another vehicle that I use for work that’s currently got an immersion system that I’d like to upgrade.

Can the cabinet be put in landscape at all? On its side? It’s a pickup that I’m thinking about.
Sorry Jonny, got sidetracked, yes the heater can be put on it’s side no problem, just needs a tweak to the diesel pump and end plate , this can be done before it’s sent

zesty

« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2019, 06:37:24 pm »

Cheers mate,

I use a one shot, so that would stop the tank cycling option working for me...

I’m sure having it run at full wack through the hose when working would still give me 30 degree water in the winter, which is better than freezing cold! Then in summer, it’d rise nicely for the bug poo/tree sap etc!

P @ F

« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2019, 06:44:28 pm »
So if you use the one shot do you hit a button when finished window and it stops the pump until you have to start at the next job / window ?

The pump has to run every single second that the heater is on mate , there is no other way , the water if left sitting in the heater will superheat and blow your hoses !

zesty

« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2019, 06:50:24 pm »
So if you use the one shot do you hit a button when finished window and it stops the pump until you have to start at the next job / window ?

The pump has to run every single second that the heater is on mate , there is no other way , the water if left sitting in the heater will superheat and blow your hoses !

Ah I see...

Yeah the one shot stops the pump, so that would have to go!

So you leave the pump running all day?

P @ F

« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2019, 07:15:57 pm »
Yes , pump runs all day , it has to .

P @ F

« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2019, 07:18:02 pm »
How much water do you get from the brush per minute at your normal pace ?