Dry Clean

Re: Heater price is here (diesel)
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2019, 07:13:12 pm »
Why does cold water spot and hot water doesn’t then?

I’m not saying I share the same experience as NWH, but what I’ve noticed over the past 12 months of using hot water, is that I can clean incredibly quickly, with zero spotting issues.

For example, most windows I used to scrub twice, rinse off the glass once with cold water. But if we’re honest, if we were to put nose to glass and check every inch when it’s dry there sometimes is the occasional spot. Purely from trying to work quickly. Some spots worse than others.  If you say you get 100% perfect clean every time with cold then I think your not looking hard enough .

Now..... I really can scrub once and rinse once (now on the glass) and get perfect results, or Atleast close to perfect.

If I did this with cold water there would be a lot more spotting. I know, because I tested it.

Only reporting my own experience though.

I thought Vision had sorted out your spotting issues ? as for the rest of your nonsense, when it comes to quality its my customers who I listen to and not some shiner who obviously hasn't a clue on how to do the job properly.

NWH

« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2019, 07:22:09 pm »
Check from inside upstairs when you clean how you usually would do,don’t scrub like billyo then check clean how you would do normally then look.
When you clean downstairs you instinctively clean more thoroughly as you can see when you’ve missed parts, upstairs when the windows covered in water if they are dirty and you flick over them bits get missed.
If you are cleaning with cold water all the time I would recommend a flocked brush all year long.

Splash & dash

« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2019, 07:45:58 pm »
Cold water cleans like you say in country’s like america or similar climates when the glass is very hot from the sun,the longer waters on the glass the more chance you are going to get mistakes like I say view cold water work from inside a job and not just windows that sheet,you can clean those type of windows with P*SS.

Hot water cleans better and faster than cold as the molecules in hot move faster and absorb the dirt better cold water is thicker more viscous especially this time of the year and is much slower at resolving and absorbing the dirt but eventually it will catch up with hot 😂😂😂
I think you need to stop judging others by your own standards of work  ;D

if you search you will find that cold water cleans the same as hot - one reason hot water is used is to dissolve the chemical cleaners used in a washing process - these things are what require heat. - second reason for hot is hygiene - to kill bacteria

neither are essential in WFP window cleaning

Darran

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2019, 07:46:59 pm »
I'm actually lost for words. Well not really but more like "I haven't the energy"! Does anyone else tend to knock in full knowledge that no one is at home?  ??? ;D ;D
Comfortably Numb!

Jonny 87

« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2019, 07:47:10 pm »

I’m not saying I share the same experience as NWH, but what I’ve noticed over the past 12 months of using hot water, is that I can clean incredibly quickly, with zero spotting issues.

For example, most windows I used to scrub twice, rinse off the glass once with cold water. But if we’re honest, if we were to put nose to glass and check every inch when it’s dry there sometimes is the occasional spot. Purely from trying to work quickly. Some spots worse than others.  If you say you get 100% perfect clean every time with cold then I think your not looking hard enough .

Now..... I really can scrub once and rinse once (now on the glass) and get perfect results, or Atleast close to perfect.

If I did this with cold water there would be a lot more spotting. I know, because I tested it.

I thought Vision had sorted out your spotting issues ? as for the rest of your nonsense, when it comes to quality its my customers who I listen to and not some shiner who obviously hasn't a clue on how to do the job properly.

Nope. Vision helps, as does hot water.

You say you listen to your customers, Care to let us know how many customers you have?

I’m a one man band, and I have close to 450.

You barely even qualify as a part time window cleaner these days Sean. Someone who is full time with a decent round needs to avoid your advice completely.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Dry Clean

« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2019, 07:52:09 pm »

Nope. Vision helps, as does hot water.

You say you listen to your customers, Care to let us know how many customers you have?

I’m a one man band, and I have close to 450.

You barely even qualify as a part time window cleaner these days Sean. Someone who is full time with a decent round needs to avoid your advice completely.

So Vision didn't solve your spotting problems then ? did you ever try getting trained by somebody who can actually use a pole and purified water ?
Here's a free lesson, purified water is the reason why we don't leave or get spotting on the glass we clean.

Jonny 87

« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2019, 07:56:34 pm »
Anyone know how you block people on this site?

I’m fed up of certain keyboard warriors that would start an argument inside an empty paper bag......and then struggle to fight their way out of it.

;D

Keep hiding behind your anonymity Sean/richard/DryClean.  No more replies from me.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Dry Clean

« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2019, 08:00:03 pm »
Anyone know how you block people on this site?

I’m fed up of certain keyboard warriors that would start an argument inside an empty paper bag......and then struggle to fight their way out of it.

;D

Keep hiding behind your anonymity Sean/richard/DryClean.  No more replies from me.

Ask Tosh why blocking doesn't work Jonny.

NWH

« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2019, 08:00:13 pm »
We’ve seen the light Jonny don’t listen to it m8,keep em out in the cold water lol.

NWH

« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2019, 08:01:57 pm »
I bet they still use the old Vikans on the end of an orange pole too with the 4” long lever clamps lol.

nathankaye

« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2019, 08:14:34 pm »
We’ve seen the light Jonny don’t listen to it m8,keep em out in the cold water lol.

Im stuck on something.   I have a handful of houses which I do internal cleans on as well.  I always clean outside first.  Putting these winter, cold n wet days to one side as not all windows will be dry before i clean the inside of the window, however many a times they are cleaned whilst they have dried.
Im bitterly disappointed because i must be doing something  wrong because I aint seeing spotting on the windows.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2019, 08:42:07 pm »
Was going to stick up one of Jonny's old posts telling us that he was feed up with trad guys telling lies about WFP causing spotting and poor cleaning results, you couldn't make this stuff up.

Don Kee

« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2019, 09:32:14 pm »
Assuming that its true and that cold spots more than cold, no ones actually said why..?

They’ve said it happens, but not why...

I’m not talking about speed of clean, or snake oils or how cold your hands get.
I get we can look at windows up close, from the inside and with a microscope... I’m talking of the specific claim that cold spots more than hot water.

If this is true, why?

Don Kee

« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2019, 09:35:08 pm »
Also, everyone’s pi55ed all over P&F’s post; there’re plenty of hot water posts to throw handbags on without messing up a blokes post when he’s gauging interest.

jk999

« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2019, 09:40:43 pm »
Heres the reason cold can spot is because it takes longer to dry so if any dust is flying about on a windy day boom there you go ,im the same as nathan i do outside s cold pure then clean some inside s n dont have the problem nwh is speaking off

P @ F

« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2019, 10:57:08 pm »
Also, everyone’s pi55ed all over P&F’s post; there’re plenty of hot water posts to throw handbags on without messing up a blokes post when he’s gauging interest.
Cheers Don. !
I was going to say the same earlier but thought hey ho  ;D

I can see it’s stirred the water a bit as I have had a few calls and txt’s from members that are no longer members if you know what I mean !
Very nice chap though  ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

NWH

« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2019, 11:50:49 pm »
I think Nathan thinks that he’s got WFP down to a fine art with Cold water although he always banging on about using an Emersion unit,I’ve seen the kind of houses he cleans,they don’t look like inside and outers to me more like a quick 15-18 quid dash round with cold.
Don’t forget Nathan the vast majority don’t use 20 jets on there brush m8 on full flow,it’s stirred a few people up because they’ve probably seen a few dodgy windows they’ve cleaned and thought it’s passable especially this time of the year.

Slacky

« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2019, 11:53:12 pm »
What a bunch of old women.

nathankaye

« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2019, 11:54:11 pm »
Cheers Don. !
I was going to say the same earlier but thought hey ho  ;D

I can see it’s stirred the water a bit as I have had a few calls and txt’s from members that are no longer members if you know what I mean !
Very nice chap though  ;D ;D ;D

Sorry buddy, seams to have fell on deaf ears on some. Apologies for keeping the biting going.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Pete Thompson

« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2019, 11:58:09 pm »
Assuming that its true and that cold spots more than cold, no ones actually said why..?

They’ve said it happens, but not why...

I’m not talking about speed of clean, or snake oils or how cold your hands get.
I get we can look at windows up close, from the inside and with a microscope... I’m talking of the specific claim that cold spots more than hot water.

If this is true, why?

I’ve used cold and hot with no spotting problems. However, one reason may be that hot water can dissolve more solids than cold water.

In general, solids become more soluble as the temperature increases. This is why sugar dissolves better in hot water than in cold water. The table shows three examples of the solubility (g of solute per 100 g water) of substances at different temperatures.

Sodium chloride
20 deg C : 35.9g
30 deg C : 36.1g
40 deg C : 36.4g

Copper(II) sulphate
20 deg C : 32.0g
30 deg C : 37.8g
40 deg C : 44.6

Potassium nitrate
20 deg C : 47.0g
30 deg C : 61.6g
40 deg C : 77.0g

(https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guides/zy8739q/revision/1)

Will this have any effect? No idea, because it depends what the dirt on the window is made of.

That’s something I’ve often wondered, what is it that we are actually cleaning off? Is it mainly salt? Sand? Soil? Something else? Does it differ from place to place? Does it depend on the house ie brick, render, timber?

Anyway, I’ll stick with hot.