P @ F

Heater price is here (diesel)
« on: December 06, 2019, 08:11:02 pm »
Well with a lot of shopping about I have come to what I think is a very fair price, I wanted it cheaper but any less would make it not really worth while for me !

Hold onto yer hats chaps , we are looking at a total of £850 plus delivery all in , this may well have scope to come down a bit as I am still having a little barter with the heater supplier.

So what are your thoughts ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

DeLuce

Re: Heater price is here (diesel)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 08:22:52 pm »
That’s a hell of a lot cheaper than other pro alternatives.
 I reckon you should give a few ,how it will perform figures on here , and then it can people can give you a better opinion because they will know what it will be capable of.
I’ve followed your threads on it , so know a bit about it.
I wish you all the best, it sounds really interesting.

DeLuce

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 08:23:48 pm »
Typo!!  ::)roll
Can give other people a better opinion

Frankybadboy

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 08:42:23 pm »
have you put a extra 0 on the end  :P :P :P :P :P

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 08:54:52 pm »
Could you tell me what the running costs would roughly be?

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 08:57:01 pm »
Basically, for the average Joe it will  take 15 degree water from the tank and give 50 degree water at the hose reel , under most conditions you will still get 35 degrees at the brush head in winter and not much less than 50 in the warmer months .
This is based on my findings using around 1.8 to 2.2 LPM coming from the new Gardiner red fan jet pods .

Also remember that all the time the system is working the tank temp will be rising giving a greater output temp

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 09:00:45 pm »
If you run silly amounts of water from the brush then temps could well suffer

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 09:03:11 pm »
Could you tell me what the running costs would roughly be?
If you run the heater at full power it will use about 350ml of diesel per hour

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 09:08:29 pm »
have you put a extra 0 on the end  :P :P :P :P :P
Let’s not forget that the first one I made cost me £250 and leaked a bit of fumes , and was made of a mild steel breakfast bar leg  with hoses all over the place  :D

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 09:32:59 pm »
How easy will it be to install in a van ?

Tris

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2019, 09:51:25 pm »
Il have one ☝️

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2019, 10:27:34 pm »
Curious on another way of running.
If during winter months it gets / or starts at around 35 at brush end as you say and then as the day goes on, the main tank water would be warming up and therefore increasing the water temp overall.

Whats the possibility of running this like an immersion during the night on cycle so as to have a supply of hot water in an insulated tank?  Or would that be too much drain on the battery? Or quite noisy to leave on during the stillness of night
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2019, 01:36:50 pm »
the starting water tank temperature will be much lower than 15c on cold nights...itll be more like 2c-5c.....
price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2019, 02:01:39 pm »
I’m happy with that rich.

I’d prefer to drive down and meet you though, so you can run through it all etc!

P @ F

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2019, 04:16:35 pm »
How easy will it be to install in a van ?

Tris
Very easy indeed , once the heater is in position, it’s light enough to be heavy duty zip tied to a tank frame for example , or by stronger method if you prefer , you would then need to cut 2 holes in the van floor slightly bigger than a £2 coin , this is exhaust and combustion air pipes .
Then site fuel tank and fix down.
Connect fuel line from tank to heater.
Connect + and - to battery .
Connect water in , water out and return to tank fittings.
Then site the control panel and away you go !

P @ F

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2019, 04:18:31 pm »

P @ F

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2019, 04:32:56 pm »
 ;D
Curious on another way of running.
If during winter months it gets / or starts at around 35 at brush end as you say and then as the day goes on, the main tank water would be warming up and therefore increasing the water temp overall.

Whats the possibility of running this like an immersion during the night on cycle so as to have a supply of hot water in an insulated tank?  Or would that be too much drain on the battery? Or quite noisy to leave on during the stillness of night

They can be noisy at full power without the silencer fitted  , butt depending on what temp you want by the morning it might just need half power
The trouble you face Nath is water use , lots of flow is your choice if I recall , we would need to find out what temp you need at point the hot enters the reel to see if running like an immersion is possible
If you had to run at full power for 6 hours it would use 30 amps and around £3 in diesel
It’s a tough one to answer without actually trying it , then it might turn out an expensive test ,

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2019, 04:45:02 pm »
the starting water tank temperature will be much lower than 15c on cold nights...itll be more like 2c-5c.....
I don’t get temps like that normally Daz , I think 10 is the lowest I have seen ,
Whilst testing I have been running the system at half water flow and min power setting to get a bit of heat in the tank a few hours in the evenings , uses naff all amps or diesel and eliminates the need to wrap anything up
I ran at low settings for 3 hours last Sunday night and got the water from 14 to 21 it was then left overnight and dropped back to 16 in the tank

P @ F

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2019, 05:18:44 pm »
I’m happy with that rich.

I’d prefer to drive down and meet you though, so you can run through it all etc!
Sounds good to me , if it’s looking like a straight forward fit it could be done in a couple hours , be nice if all could do that

Dean champion

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2019, 05:19:57 pm »
I’m very interested in buying one, good on ya PF nice to see someone changing the game.
When are they available to order ?

Dean