trimanyellow

inside cleans
« on: June 18, 2006, 08:15:47 pm »
Hi,
Can anyone give me some advice or tips on pricing and doing inside house window cleans??

Im a WFP window cleaner and have recently been asked to do some inside cleans.
Whats the best way to clean the windows?

Many Thanks

pjulk

Re: inside cleans
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 08:29:17 pm »
the traditional way with applicator and squeegie

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 08:35:29 pm »
If your used to wfp on the outside then doing trad on the inside is going to do your head in , i just see it as aggrevation now , if anybody asks me now i tell them its double what the outside is , as long as they clear the ledges for me .

Rich P @ F

P.S. You will find the insides are more often than not dirtier than the outsides.
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 09:31:33 pm »
Since I started Ive done 3 inside cleans one on the hottest day of last year, oh boy did I regret that, 2nd flaking windows on the inside ::) and nicotine and windolene downstairs, 3rd It was another hot day and I took my time finished  1 hr 15 mins after and the job was worth 2 times the normal price of £7.50 the grease spots or whatever they were on the kitchen window took me way too long, having said that sometimes I think I try to hard to please the customer and take to long in doing so, outside the worst that you have to deal with is bird poo inside is a differant story, If anyone wants my inside cleans  Please email me  :'(           
Sussex by the sea

reah

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 09:45:12 pm »
Hey
kitchen windows and bathrooms can be a problem.
Try pre soaking first or for greasey windows spray with cillit bang it does work even on outside bbq grease stained windows.
Whilst the windows are soaking do the others try a white pad as well they work well and do not scratch.
I use gg4, if you are in a soft water area gg3 ,it works well especialy on nicotine.
I do my pubs with gg4 and have never had a problem.
Insides are great for the winter as if you get enough you at least get something coming in on those rainy days.
Once you have done a few they are easy money you just need to get a routine.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 10:10:53 pm »
Well if i had some pubs I would be  a differant matter they would have to be saved for the end of the day though  ;D ;D
Sussex by the sea

trimanyellow

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 10:41:53 pm »
would it work having GG4 in a spray bottle and two micro fibre clothes one for rubbing on the GG4 and the other for buffing finishing off ??

reah

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 09:04:55 am »
Hey
Never tried it but i do use a spray bottle with gg4 for leaded.