DavidX

traffic warden
« on: May 24, 2006, 01:46:14 pm »
What a pain in the backside.
I was cleaning a few houses off the busy road and as I was up on the ladder I would always look to check to make sure there no traffic warden about.
There no way of me parking my car somewhere safe because of the yellow lines everywhere. Anyway one of the school kids shouted at me telling me the traffic warden is writing out a ticket on my car.
Crap I thought. I drop everything, rush over to my car, got my car key out, jump in the car, he not put tickets on my car yet, HA HA I thought, but then he got the camera out,
I didn’t see him take a picture of my car because I was long gone by then. Went round the block and the traffic warden were gone and thankfully my ladder and tools was still where I left it. But somehow I don’t think I got away with it. I got a funny feeling I will get a letter soon.

macc

Re: traffic warden
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 02:22:45 pm »
cant stand them myself, tiny little brainless persons who have such small lives its the only bit authority they have. you want to see the ones round here odd one ok, the rest act like gods.

you would have thought he would have said some thing first, like i said NO BRAINS.

macc

D woods

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 02:27:25 pm »
If they do not put the ticket on the car it does not count . When they send you
the ticket through the post do not pay it .

We appeal between 4/10 tickets a month and we win most of them.

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 03:44:38 pm »
this is true, A m8 of mine who is a joiner, was working in the city centre, worried he would get a ticket he decided to write a note and placed it at the front of the windscreen, he wrote joiner working inside,  So the traffic warden could see it, anyway  he finished what he was doing inside, and came back to the van, only to see a ticket behind the wiper, he was angry, he open the sealed package to see what he got fined, only to see another piece of paper with it, with a hand writen message that said, traffic warden working outside lol the cheeky sod,

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 05:36:15 pm »
I am also lead to beleive that if its not fixed to the screan, or he hasn't finished writing it then it does not count,
I would fight it. what's he got a photo of? (The back of your car driving down the road)

craig jwc

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 12:04:01 am »
I spoke to a traffic warden the other week and asked about parking whilst i was working.
She told me if i put a note on the windscreen where i was working then i would be ok.

Told her you could tell where i was working as you can see a long hose coming out of the van with yellow cones on the ground.

She also said that in my area the traffic wardens work for the police and not the council.
Apparently this makes a difference.

Craig

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 12:08:44 am »
Traffic Wardens are not allowed to give windows cleaners tickets provided they are parked safely and not causing an obstruction and are working within view of their vehicle.

All local councils can give a council type bit of paper/something to place on the dashboard.

jeff1

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 12:46:04 am »
Thats why they wear yellow and black, because they behave and sting like wasps.

rosskesava

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 12:49:03 am »
That's why they used to have 2 yellow stripes on their hats.

So as you didn't park on their heads.

They're called 'parking attendants ' now.

telboy

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 03:41:44 pm »
I was quoting a job some weeks ago returned to my van to see a warden almost running down the road punching in my vans details into to his little black box I jumped in my van drove off and waved him good bye.

some weeks later got a letter through the door demanding £80 for an unpaid parking ticket.

I apealed against it and they wrote back saying the warden says he attached the ticket to my van which is an outright lie .

I now have to go to the appeals court in the Haymarket London in July

So wish me luck

Telboy ;)

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 08:19:14 pm »
Good Luck Telboy ::)

jamieharwood

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 08:26:03 pm »
as long as the ticket has touched the car thats enough. a friend who is unfortuanately a traffic warden say that she sometimes touches the book on the car before even writing the ticket, this in itself is enough.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 08:54:42 pm »
as long as the ticket has touched the car thats enough. a friend who is unfortuanately a traffic warden say that she sometimes touches the book on the car before even writing the ticket, this in itself is enough.

Oh come on "touch the book on the car " what the hell are we playing here bloody tag

Christ wake up will ya

abacus

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2006, 10:25:09 pm »
 Hi best of luck
my mother was told some time ago by a bobby that you have legal grounds to appeal if any imformation in a statement is incorrect!
hqwever I have known JPs make rullings not complient with the law e:g reversing a previous ruling after the set time limit :-so best of luck    check the bylaws some allow window cleaners to park on yellow lines if they are working
regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

Londoner

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 06:55:10 am »
In London they don't give you a ticket they just take a photo. And its Legal.
They don't have to put a ticket on the car. Now with city centre cameras getting bettter they can zap you off the security cameras and you don't even see a warden.

telboy

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 04:43:20 pm »
Just received a letter from Hillingdon Borough Council

Dear Sir/Madam

PATAS- NOT CONTESTED

PATAS Ref: 2060207557

The London Borough of Hillingdon will not contest this case and no further action will be taken.

I have reveiwed the circumstances of the issue of the Penalty Charge Notice and apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I can confirm that this case is now closed.

Yours faithfully Blah de blah

Victory for the little man ;D

Telboy ;)

windolene

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 05:43:51 pm »
Hi,

Did david who started this post ever get a letter come through?

Kevin WINDOLENE.

Author  Topic: traffic warden  (Read 329 times) 
DavidX
Cleanitup Jr. Member

traffic warden
« on: May 24, 2006, 01:46:14 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a pain in the backside.
I was cleaning a few houses off the busy road and as I was up on the ladder I would always look to check to make sure there no traffic warden about.
There no way of me parking my car somewhere safe because of the yellow lines everywhere. Anyway one of the school kids shouted at me telling me the traffic warden is writing out a ticket on my car.
Crap I thought. I drop everything, rush over to my car, got my car key out, jump in the car, he not put tickets on my car yet, HA HA I thought, but then he got the camera out,
I didn’t see him take a picture of my car because I was long gone by then. Went round the block and the traffic warden were gone and thankfully my ladder and tools was still where I left it. But somehow I don’t think I got away with it. I got a funny feeling I will get a letter soon.

jeff1

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006, 09:30:12 pm »
I think he said his case comes up in July

JM123

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2006, 01:36:26 am »
What a disgrace that someone should get a parking ticket for that.  Watched an old bat park her car at the front of the fire station today, 2 police cars and a trafic warden all passed by, not one stopped to write a ticket etc, unbelieveable. >:(
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Londoner

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2006, 06:30:15 am »
Telboy   Where in Hillingdon did you get that ticket?