blee

Shrinkage
« on: December 03, 2009, 10:29:47 am »
I am just starting off but my biggest fear, from stories I hear, is shrinkage. What is the best way to play safe when cleaning carpets?

gwrightson

Re: Shrinkage
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 04:01:29 pm »

So let us know what stories you have heard, perhaps then we maybe able to enlighten you a little more , unless of course you have been listening to some scarmongering by the few who are frightened you take their business ;)

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

blee

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 06:28:10 pm »
Hi,  I have heard that carpets have been cleaned and then they pull away from the wall/track, can even hear them shrinking. Some carpets shrink, some don't.........which one's?

gwrightson

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 07:14:01 pm »
Blee,
reading your responce to my question , then yes you do need to worry a little, have you had no training or experience at all ?
so in answer to your question , yes carpets can pull off the grippers, carpets can shrink so my suggestion would be get your self out with another c/c and get some basic training and you will learn which type of carpet is most at risk, to give you a specific answer over the internet is difficult unless you already know the different fibres, constuction and type of carpets you are dealing with, and judging by your question you dont know.
Beware, now i,m beggining to sound like Derick ;) ;D

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

neil55

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 08:36:24 am »
I agree - get as much trianing as u can!

but be not afraid new one - 99.9% of carpets u see will not shrink!

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 03:01:35 pm »
But those that do... OH BOY!

I have seen gripper rod pulled out of the concrete with 9"gaps round the edge.

Get some training from someone.

Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

fitz2kleen

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 12:47:58 am »
Shrinkage must be a carpet cleaners nightmare lol
I have [[ touch wood 'my head']] never had that problem.
I think it is something to do with how you are trained and how you go about your daily business,
dont go cleaning a carpet with steaming hot water if ur unsure of the fabric your cleaning
obviously the backing is something to take into account
and type of carpet
should you steam clean ?
should you use a rotory?
these things if you dont know......... was ur last job that bad ?????

VOGUE CARPET CARE

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 06:27:28 pm »
More like luck!

mathewl

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 08:02:20 am »
http://www.aussiecleanteam.co.uk   ::)Don't worry, only some types (specially woolen) of carpets gets shrieked, and you are not the only one who are going through all this. Just try out for yourself, and you will come to know that which carpet is going to shrink....tell your client beforehand, and if you can't judge it beforehand.......tell sorry to your client : :o

JandS

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 07:31:55 pm »
Wouldn't want machine in someone's living room, recipe for disaster.
Is it me or does the guy with the wand look disproportionally larger
than everything round him?
Does the woman with the vac look disproportionally smaller than said vac?

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Buckland

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 12:50:13 pm »
yeah Im thinking of becoming a ten pound tourist and setting up in sydders with a company called Whining Poms with Pommie Pooftahs Package deals - using a Roo Doctor Im going to take over the whole bleeding cleaning and storage game in aussie as retaliation

No seriously, good luck to you mate you are seriously giving it a go with sotrgae prmises - although I doubt Nigel at Designcare will be losing too much sleep about the carpet cleaning competition!
Buckland Carpet & Fabric Care :: 01590 688938
www.SteamCleanCarpetService.co.uk