Happy Jack

A Big Hello to Everyone!
« on: October 11, 2005, 01:55:10 am »
Firstly, Hello! ;D

After joining the board just a few days ago I have spent most of my time reading through the threads. I would just like to say that for someone who is 'thinking' of becoming a wc I have found that every thread on this forum to be of great value. The information and knowledge that members have en-parted has both encouraged me and inspired me to take my first few tentative steps into the profession.
As a chef for many years that has worked long hours for very little reward I have always dreamed of a way out. I understand that the work of a wc is hard. I am prepared to work hard and to learn.
I still have many questions to ask. I am still at the stage of writing lists and putting together ideas. However, I'm determined to do a good job and that means 'starting out right'.
I would very much appreciate 'any' advice and 'any 'tips & pointers' that anyone can give to me.
Over the next coming weeks/months I will be asking what might (to the pro wc) appear to be 'stupid' questions. If that's the case please bear with me as 'If I don't ask...I'll never get to know' ;)
Once again...A BIG HELLO TO EVERYONE! ;D I thank you for your time ;) 

Re: A Big Hello to Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 07:56:07 am »
Hello Happy Jack - welcome to you :)
Ask anything and someone will be able to help and you can give out cooking tips from time to time ;)

Happy Jack

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 08:29:24 am »
Hello Happy Jack - welcome to you :)
Ask anything and someone will be able to help and you can give out cooking tips from time to time ;)

Thank-you! ;D Yes, if anyone is having problems with their Yorkshire puddings please feel free to ask ;)
There's a world of difference between streaky bacon and streaky windows. Streaky bacon I can deal with... but streaky windows is a different matter! ;D

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 09:29:07 pm »
Hiya Jack

Don't feel silly about asking any questions whatsoever.

We all started at the beginning here and have all probably made the same mistakes etc. The great thing about this and other forums is that you don't have to feel alone ( window cleaning can be a lonely job at times ) and you can benefit from the vast experience of the members. I remember around 18 months ago feeling like I would never be able to use a squeegee properly. I asked a few questions and pretty soon got the hang of it. I am no speed demon but I can do a very decent job with it now :)

Good to see you aboard!!

Andrew

craig jwc

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 09:37:34 pm »
Greetings Happy Jack,
Like said in the other posts just ask the question ??? and usually someone will have an answer. ;D
I'm into my 2nd month w/cing  and found all info on this site a great help.
Their a great bunch on here. :P
Good luck in your new business if you decide to go for it.
You won't regret it, i haven't any many more will tell you the same.

Craig 8)

Ben Walker

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 01:24:37 am »
by 'eck Jack
yuv gon an thrown everyone already  ;)
that a girl
go for it love!

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 07:52:12 am »
hi jack and welcome

one good bit of advice is to ask a local w/c on this forum if you could spend the day with him/her that way you could bend their ears all day long and learn a lot more (hands on)

good luck
jay
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005, 10:32:26 am »
Hi and welcome to the big ship 'clean it up'.

Its sooooooooooo nice to hear that another female w/c is joining the industry.  There are a few of us on here and many wives who work with/run/help out their husbands businessess although I have to say the guys on this forum are very accepting of us (unlike many other industries).

If you need any advice or help with equipment, suppliers, leaflets or legalities - the guys are are minefield of information and are always happy to share their knowledge.  Just ask.

Keep us updated with your progress.

Finally are you a Jackie then /

Regards,

Sarah

Sarah

Happy Jack

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005, 11:56:29 am »
Hi and welcome to the big ship 'clean it up'.

Its sooooooooooo nice to hear that another female w/c is joining the industry.  There are a few of us on here and many wives who work with/run/help out their husbands businessess although I have to say the guys on this forum are very accepting of us (unlike many other industries).

If you need any advice or help with equipment, suppliers, leaflets or legalities - the guys are are minefield of information and are always happy to share their knowledge.  Just ask.

Keep us updated with your progress.

Finally are you a Jackie then /

Regards,

Sarah

??? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D!  I think someones got hold of the wrong end of the stick here! I'm an 18 stone bloke with a shaved head and happy to be married!  ;D ;D You can call me Jackie if you want! ;) ;D I chose the name 'HAPPY JACK' as it's a song by The Who...a band I'm fanatical about! ;)
Maybe I should shut up about Yorkshire puddings and change mi name to 'BEAR' ;)

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2005, 01:39:18 pm »
Hi Jack,

Your profile says you are a female !!!!!

Better change it quickly as you'll BEAR the brunt of the usual jikes on here. !!! :D

Never-the-less all my comments still apply - welcome aboard and good luck.

Regards,

Sarah
Sarah

Happy Jack

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2005, 03:02:13 pm »
Thanks for telling me Sarah  :-[ :-[ I think I've just had the quickest reverse sex change in history ;) ;D

Ben Walker

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2005, 09:23:42 pm »
yes Sarah, i saw the profile

hence my comment, Happy Jack

thought you were one of those nifty leeds gals.

now stop that cross dressin, an get that soot of those windas.  ;D

(me i'm from bradford, now living in glasgow.)

ben-san