« on: March 22, 2014, 09:22:55 am »
Just wondered if they are comming to the u k
this question is for Mr Edd Valentine

john martin

Re: cross american Adrenalin
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 09:43:54 am »
Just wondered if they are comming to the u k
this question is for Mr Edd Valentine

Both ED.V and Nick what his name have already stated on the public forums that the 8.4 motor is not as powerful as the 6.6 .

we know the above is not true  ....   but im sure they wont do a U turn and admit that they made that up and told lies to their valued customers .

Its likely they will stick with the 6.6 for the UK market as long as people still believe the fantasy cfm figures and they manage to shift a few units to who evers mad enough to choose them over the excellent UK machines .    :-X

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 11:50:38 am »
Perhaps the stalling on the new bigger motors could be the fact that if you put them in the jag as a straight swap they do offer the same power perhaps some re plumbing is in order to maximise the new 8.4's?

I'm not bothered anyway with toy machines I've got a truck mount and it's got a bigger blower than Billy's.

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 12:14:14 pm »
Perhaps the stalling on the new bigger motors could be the fact that if you put them in the jag as a straight swap they do offer the same power perhaps some re plumbing is in order to maximise the new 8.4's?

I'm not bothered anyway with toy machines I've got a truck mount and it's got a bigger blower than Billy's.

Shaun

Not really Shaun  , there is very little re plumbing you could do that would make a difference  ...  its just a tube going from the vac to the waste tank .
The 6.6 motors didn't sell well in the USA  , the 8.4s on the other hand are capturing their attention hence the desire to change .
From what I've read most are using them in series for best results .

stuart_clark

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 01:21:54 pm »
Shaun

Thought you owned one of those so called toys ?

stuart_clark

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 01:25:22 pm »
John

Go on then mate what are the actual cfm figures ? I am baffled, I thought a Scorpion produced 325 cfm ? not sure what two 6.6 motors actually produce but it must be less ?

john martin

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 01:51:45 pm »
John

Go on then mate what are the actual cfm figures ? I am baffled, I thought a Scorpion produced 325 cfm ? not sure what two 6.6 motors actually produce but it must be less ?

Stuart  , CFM is difficult to measure accurately so i wouldn't worry too much about 10 or 20 differences here and there  , its only when they claim figures like 370 for the 6.6 jag on CT tht it get ridiculous  .

The original Scorpion had quite poor very narrow internal plumbing so this didnt make the best of three three stages imo  , if you ever used it in two vac mode this could be demonstrated as performance was quite poor with out the third vac  ,  this plumbing was carried over from the American  Recoil where narrow plumbing was used to throttle the vacs in order to reduce amp draw , but not really needed in the UK  . So yours may have revised plumbing since you had it as a special order .

Your scorpion should be producing about 300cfm and 135" lift .

A 6.6 Jag should have around  280cfm and 130" lift

the 8.4 jag should have about 295cfm and 147" lift

In series the 8.4s have about 145cfm and 235" lift  , i believe Extracta are using them like that in the mythical new Turbo version .

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 04:51:13 pm »
Not Again

What have you got in your Machine Stuart

Does it do a good job

I bet it does what ever it is  if not you would not have made a living all these years

stuart_clark

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 06:56:21 pm »
Ian
yes it does a good job mate , but so does my older machine, I was merely asking johns oppinion of the cfm of the Scorpion as he seems to be the man to ask about these things !
Further, I had both machines modified, the first machine had larger, smooth bore internal pipes fitted and the same with the second machine although the older machine had a standard 500 psi water pump, when I ordered the newer Scorpion I asked for an uprated 800 psi pump thats all
no need to get ones knickers in a twist Ian as I was only interested in the technical side of things and thought john was more able to answer the question

Stuart

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 08:42:51 pm »
Can you see the difference in performance?

Shaun_Ashmore

stuart_clark

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2014, 11:04:47 pm »
Yes