wayne zabel

Any one help with this
« on: March 22, 2014, 05:42:24 pm »
Im half way through a commercial job and struggling with some  carpets.

Job entails 2 sorts of commercial low profile carpets,not tiles.

One sort has cleaned up fine and I'm happy with the results,other sort is a ribbed style low profile.Its very very soiled and I just cant get any decent improvement.

I'm using HWE and have tried every conceivable cocktail without success.

SPM boosted,Powerburst boosted with Orange X and an oxygen booster,Blast X (ph 12) with extract X in the tank.Heavy presprayed after vaccing and long dwell and rinsed at 400 psi.

Nothing is giving decent results.The problem is there are areas were tables have been and they look Brand new but the rest of the carpets are looking blackish blue and stick out like a sore thumb.

See photo.

Customer has said they are not expecting miracles as the company are in the construction business and the carpets are walked on with dirty boots daily.I was expecting to get better results to be honest and feel disillusioned.

I'm going back tomorrow to finnish the job.am I expecting too much of myself?Can I do anything else?

Mike Halliday

Re: Any one help with this
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 06:11:18 pm »
Are you trying to clean 'wear' and put back colour that has been worn away

Some call it 'apparent soiling' were a nylon carpet wears and the inner greyness of the fibre show through because the outer colour has worn away.

It used to be explained with the carrot & radish analogy.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

wynne jones

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 06:12:18 pm »
Have you gone over a 'dirty' bit with a white towel to see if you get much off it? It could be wear or dyes degrading.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 06:34:16 pm »
Carpet is worn and unlikely to respond to any cleaning. This is where educating people about regular cleaning can be usefull.