Rcs

ultrasonic golf club cleaning
« on: March 27, 2010, 01:45:11 pm »
im moving over to spain in a few months and was thinking of buying a ultrasonic bath for cleaning clubs

anyone do this service

BDCS

Re: ultrasonic golf club cleaning
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 10:31:02 pm »
Would you not consider this a little bit too niech?  I would have thought most people would just nick a beer mat to clean their golf bats

drive surgeon

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 07:25:08 am »
i use a wire brush  ;D

and they sell golf club groove cleaners now also. it might be a dying trade. i have seen them selling their business's on ebay club cleaners.  ???

gwrightson

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 08:41:29 am »
Where abouts in spain you going ?

I have found that most courses in spain have people already doing this sort of thing, usualy around 10 euros a set, walk of the course  , go for a drink and they are gleaming again and for visiting golfers to spain most will have this service done.  its ok using a groove cleaner and brushes but i dont want the hassle when on holiday, so in answer to your question.

Yes their is market... but will be hard to get into the golf clubs to offer the service lots of expats already at it.
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Polewash

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 11:50:43 am »
im moving over to spain in a few months and was thinking of buying a ultrasonic bath for cleaning clubs

anyone do this service

Why not get one that you can do blinds in, its looks a good business here in Australia. I think you can even do  wooden blinds.

This might be better than golf clubs. Once you got the bath you can do anything.

John

gwrightson

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 12:19:15 pm »
 Once you got the bath you can do anything.

John

Thats just what my better half says to me  ;) ;D

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Polewash

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 01:17:10 pm »
Once you got the bath you can do anything.

John

Thats just what my better half says to me  ;) ;D

geoff

Geoff

I bet the bubbles in your bath are a bit bigger.  ;) ;)

John

Rcs

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 10:46:33 pm »
torrevieja-costa blanca
taking all my other equipment over as well
offering other services as well
window cleaning
gutter cleaning
jetwashing
bin cleaning

couldnt find anyone over there doing golf clubs

dandandan

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 10:06:34 am »
What part of Perth are you in polewash?My sons been working in joondalup.Dan

Polewash

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 03:03:52 pm »
What part of Perth are you in polewash?My sons been working in joondalup.Dan

Gwelup nearr Karrinyup on the way into the city from Joondalup.

Lots of ups in that lot.  UP is an old aboriginal word for place of water.

John  ;D

gwrightson

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 03:48:58 pm »
rcs,
 I think you will find that most golf clubs will have somebody doing this , but that doesnt mean to say you wouldnt get work, they cant be at every club every day!!
As for the rest of your services offered I cannot see why it shouldnt pay, My brother lives out there, and I do know a w/c who makes a reasonable living and the w/c out there do tend to clean inside and out at most places, and then you have got the glass curtains that seem to be coming popular there.
I would suggest a course on hard floor cleaning as another feather in your cap, plenty out there.
  I have to admit, Its an idea I have been toying with myself moving there , i was surprised at the amount of carpets and rugs the the expats actually have and of course plenty of leather, still think i,ll bide my time for a little longer .
geoff

JSMC

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 05:53:50 pm »
mate done both of these businesses golf clubs and also ha dlarger bath for blinds and wa sallowe dto seel themachine sin scotland  but in the end he wasn't making much fomr it.

be carfeul in this game very careful

Bob Robertson

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 03:49:10 pm »
JSMC

How much were the machines that you sold? I seen one of these vans today in Paisley, http://www.club-clean.co.uk/franchise.html

Another franchise is this company, http://www.sonicgolf.co.uk/

It does make you wonder if there is a market for it or is it another mattress cleaning thing where the only one that makes the money is the ones selling the machines .

It must be quiet in winter when no one is out golfing.

Bob

This company sells the machines which you could buy as an add on.

http://www.ultrasonicgolfclubcleaner.com/home-ultrasonic-golf-club-cleaner.aspx

JSMC

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 09:26:20 pm »
company he bought his machines was in irealnd mate. he no longer has them. My advice stay away lot of outlay and hardly any work TBH

e newlands

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2010, 11:36:51 pm »
there a lot of machines appearing on auction sites---must be a reason

BDCS

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 09:30:29 pm »
The fact that income from these machines is tax free is interesting  :o :o  You would'nt put that in an advert surely ?

drive surgeon

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 06:34:44 pm »
my golf club has had comps on all week and a guy was doing this. you should have seen the queue to have clubs cleaned. he was selling lake balls, tees, gloves and all sorts too. it looked like he was raking it in. if you could do the spring and summer in uk then go abroad to all the courses in the sun you could male a good healthy living. its a nice job just needs a bit of promotion. 8)

e newlands

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 06:41:38 am »
would golf clubs let you in thou
ive seen a number of these units abroad and the are perched outside the clubhouse with a coin feed slot for 8 to 10 euros or dollars so the club reep the benefits

chores hygiene management ltd

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 03:18:08 pm »
i reckon the best skidcheck is the amount thats been on e bay in the last six months
Chores Hygiene Management Ltd
Cleaners Lincoln • Pest Control Lincoln • Window Cleaners Lincoln
T. 0800 4488 353
F. 01522 542 775
E. info@choreshygiene.com
W. www.choreshygiene.com

JSMC

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 07:22:23 pm »
mate used his at pro am and competitions and done ok for a bit then he just stopped. Corporate days etc