In_Safe_Hands

Oven Cleaner
« on: August 06, 2004, 07:28:17 pm »
Hi

Could anyone recommend a good, effective oven cleaner that I could use.  It would be for domestic houses.  I'm really looking for something that will prevent back breakage.

Thanks
;D

paulchambers

Re: Oven Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 11:42:39 pm »
a Oven cleaner from Kitchen Economy 0292 045 1222
its ph14 so deadly on the skin

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 01:01:10 am »
As a matter of interest there is an Oven Cleaner in this area who is advertising he is a member of a Trade Body for Oven Cleaners.

Is there such a thing.

The Great One

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 02:12:53 am »
Hi

for oven i use TO4 oven cleaner, soapy but excellent.

I also use caustic soda as do most chefs. Please be extremely careful with it  you must use rubber gloves and goggles. You will feel the heat it generates through the gloves. You can get it through a local hardware store. If you splash it on your skin wash it off IMMEDIATLEY.

using the caustic soad i have done an entire cooker and oven plus filter change in just under an hour.

TO4 is also caustic as are all oven cleaners, good gear.

Regards

Martin 8)

Stu

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 12:39:39 pm »
Just a tip, If you are using highly caustic products like caustic soda or oven cleaner then have a bottle of vinegar to hand.
If you are unfortunate enough to get any of the chemical splashed on yourself whilst cleaning then apply the vinegar immediately and the acid will counteract the alkalinity of the oven cleaner and it won't leave you with a nasty chemical burn. It also helps to wipe out the oven with a solution of vinegar and water to neutralise any residues left behind by the cleaning

Happy, Safe Cleaning

Stu :)

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 01:11:41 pm »
hi martin where can i get t 0 4 from thanks john also what about the waterless products would like to set myself up here in ireland reply much appreciated john

In_Safe_Hands

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 01:37:38 pm »
Cheers for the tips, guys.  Much appreciated.

The Great One

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 03:35:50 pm »
Hi Guys

You can TO4 from your local suppliers or jantitorial suppliers.

John, I will send you a personal msg about waterless. We are just entering our 3rd week last few days we were flat out like pancakes.

Potential is massive and very much looking forward to it's success.

Regards

Martin 8)

Marsha

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 06:30:38 pm »
Hi,

What is the best cleaner to use in a short space of time and where possible to get hold of it please ?

Thankyou ???

advanced

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2004, 12:28:05 am »
hi, to everyone thats interested in a oven cleaning solution, i have made my own ph "0" solution that is totally non caustic, and gets the ovens like new every time, contact me on 07079 343 936 to order. Solution comes in 5litr bottles priced at £25 each (you can do an average of 30 ovens, depending on how dirty etc etc)

Stu

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2004, 12:11:29 pm »
excuse the daft question here, but do you mean it has a pH of zero - i.e. a strong acid - or it doesn't have a pH value at all such as a solvent ?

Stu

garyj

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2004, 02:23:32 pm »
How come no one has mentioned steam?
There appears to be a good range of steam cleaners around which promise miracle results for jobs like oven cleaning. Does anybody on here use or has used steam to clean an oven? How does it compere with chemicals?

Stu

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2004, 04:23:58 pm »
It's true you can get good results with steam cleaning.
However it's not as good on burned on carbon. Fresh, still greasy grease it'll shift without problems.
For the harder baked on deposits you'll need a chemical.

The other problem with steam is, when cleaning the inside of the oven it tends to fill with the steam so you can't actually see what you're doing!

Stu  :)

The Great One

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2004, 10:23:39 pm »
Hi

I tried steam...nightmare!

As stu said, you can't see a thing and about as much use aa a 3rd armpit on cardon deposits.

Although a potentially dangerous substance, I have found caustic soda to work the best with fastest results.

Regards

Martin  8)

garyj

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2004, 05:13:10 am »
The reason I asked about steam was the morning I posted I had just bought an industrial steam cleaner!!!

Have  I made yet another boo boo?

Stu

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2004, 01:45:37 pm »
No, I think steam cleaners have a place :)

Well I have two and they usually have a place in my house, saying that various friends and relatives usually mean that neither of them are in the house at all!

They are just troublesome to use in small confined spaces such as ovens which quickly fill up with steam. You'll be amazed by what it can do in bathrooms, cooker hoods, carpets (Just to fluff them up) and deoderising fabrics too!

Stu

Musicman

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2004, 02:02:02 pm »
Steam cleaners also good on de-frosting freezers, un-blocking sinks, curtain cleaning, chewing gum removal, showers and edging/corner work (small detail tools).

Have also used on ovens but agree with the above comments so wouldn't try again.

We take ours on deep-clean work and although it isn't used as much as other equipment we do find that it is worthwhile having one.
Success is where hard work meets opportunity!