Alex

Hard Floor Care
« on: August 04, 2004, 01:14:14 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some help again, I've been asked to clean a village hall floor and a small wooden ball room floor.

Currently the vinyl floor looks a mess, the cleaner has been mopping polish down and then buffing, the problem looks to me and the customer that in patches it looks untidy with scratches and you can rub at the floor and remove the polish – the products they use at the moment are Evans stripper and Evans polish (pink colour). I think the floor needs stripping and then a couple of coats of polish so the customer doesn’t need to keep putting down the polish.

Right, now to the interesting stuff! The wooden floor is solid and is the main hall for dancing and stage shows. The haven suggested to the customer yet but I reckon the floor needs sanding down and polishing, the area is round 20 by 15 square metres, however, I’ve not measured yet.

Any help here would be great, I look for the right equipment to use, the best products on the market and if the above is correct.

Cheers in advance

Alex

cleanmac

Re: Hard Floor Care
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 07:52:39 pm »
Bona.com for the wood floor,top class products and advice.

David

Ray_Felters

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 04:46:03 pm »
hello,
just make sure you use a buffable emulsion or wax content polish rather than metallised polish for your ball room floor as it will/may crack and come off in no time. Metallised polishes are more rigid, and will not 'move' with the floor as it is being used. Wax emulsion polishes are much more flexible and are better suited to heavy use or sprung wooden floors. :o

Alex

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 04:55:30 pm »
cheers guys