julieg

staff using their own transport
« on: July 26, 2004, 01:35:23 am »
I run a domestic cleaning business and I am starting to recruit drivers since we provide all cleaning equipment.

They will be using their own car to begin with and I would like to try and find out what sort of allowance I should be paying them. I know some companies pay x amount per mile, and I would like to find out what the going rate is, does anyone know where I can find out this info?

Thanks

Julie G  

Ian Gourlay

Re: staff using their own transport
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 02:06:07 am »
I am a little sad no one has  replied.

Although not cleaning my wife works for a market research company and gets 26p a mile.

I would have thought the minimum you could pay apart from nothing is 20p mile.

Hope this starts the debate.

When I worked for a company I got 45p a mile

julieg

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 09:23:20 pm »
Thank you, very much appreciated.

Julie G

Lesley J

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 01:06:35 am »
we pay our car drivers an enhanced rate of pay to use their own cars as they collect and deliver back home their cleaning buddies, we work in two's or threes whenever possible, aslo they transport the cleaning
equipment vacs etc. they can also claim some their mileage back from the tax office 8)
Lesley Tyrrell

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 11:34:05 am »
Hi Julie, we also have just started recruiting people with their own transport, we pay 20p a mile but they get a good rate of pay too.
They also have to carry equipment and wash the cloths,for which we provide washing powder.Will you eventually provide transport for your staff?