isa

carpet cleaning
« on: July 21, 2004, 12:19:15 am »
Hi
We are a local medium size cleaning firm, some of ours regular clients number of times where asking for carpet cleaning. Maybe someone can advise if Karcher Puzzi 100 would suit the job for small to medium size flats/ houses. We would like to answer the demands of our regular clients and do it right way as well.
Any suggestions welcome.

dunny19

Re: carpet cleaning
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 12:43:29 am »
HAVE ALOOK ON WWW. PROCHEM.CO.UK WEBSITE, IVE NOT HEARD OF THE MACHINE THAT YOU MENTION, BUT YOU WILL FIND A SUITABLE PORTABLE MACHINE HERE FOR YOUR NEEDS AS WELL AS THR TRAINING YOU AND YOUR STAFF NEED.

isa

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 01:04:01 am »
Many thanks Dunny19. Will check the web site out!
:)

Fox

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 11:18:24 pm »
Hi I visited Prochems showroom this week to look at carpet machines the steampro 2000 looked really good, the middle of the range one would be the one I'd go for with twin vac - it is quite a bit more expensive than the single but the wand it comes with is much better (swan neck).

Watch out for the price of the accessories though and the fact that you have to cart everything around with you - that's what is putting me off at the mo.  Also looked at the Polaris I like this also but only good for big open spaces and the tank isn't very big otherwise your back with the accessory problem.

Good luck with your search there are so many out there it's a difficult choice - comes down to -  are you going to use it yourself or let others use it?  If it is for others to take around to sites then defo go for something robust like the steampro.

Fox

dunny19

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 11:41:13 pm »
i agree with foxy

id go for the steampro.......i bought the fivestar.....its ok.........but wished id spent that bit more
best of luck

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 12:07:03 am »
ISA

Define small/medium size

The same type machine can be hired from dry cleaner or the sheds that speak for it’s self!

Prochem machines are good but there are others out there, it’s worth looking at the frequently asked question side of the forum, which machine is best?

Another way at looking at it why spend X which may be hardly used, when you can sub it out and make XYP on top, also the liability is down to the cc.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Fox

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2004, 12:51:17 am »
Yep agree with Len - loads of machines out there but one thought - if you are in the commercial cleaning business you must have a rotary machine.  

You can get solution tanks for these machines and use them for the carpet cleaning - you don't need an extraction machine either if you use dry foam.  (and before I get jumped on! ::)) This method will not remove deep soiling like HWE but will freshen the carpet and help bring in regular cleans.

Fox

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2004, 12:54:17 am »
Ploaris basic one is no more powerful than Five Star or Rug Doctor.

Get best machine twin vac 3 stage motors at least 130psi pump.

Prochem machines are usually discounted by companies such as Express Cleaning Supplies.

Ashbys are good value.

Dont forget Alltec good training structure.

If you buy cheap machine if you intend to carpet clean regularly you will need to buy again

isa

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2004, 03:05:46 pm »
Thanks. Your help much valued.
Not as easy as I thought it would be.
I have haedache already.
I follow your advise and before buying will try to hire out one of my choice to check how does it work.
With two little kids there is always a carpet to clean in the house  :)
I will be using it myself as carpet cleaning is only extra service for our mainly domestic clients.
As for the size of the business we have around 200 regulars pains, I mean valued customers of course.
Regards
Isa

Len Gribble

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2004, 10:15:06 pm »
Isa

I did not think I was recommending that you hire one what I was trying to say not a pro machine the same as type you get in the sheds/dry cleaners, keep well clear.

Before you go further get trained, I don’t know were you are, Prochem, Alltec and Ashby’s do training.  One hiccup and you could lose both jobs and possibly more via recommendations.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Fox

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2004, 10:48:15 pm »
If you purchase a Prochem machine they give you a days training free  ;D

Len Gribble

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2004, 11:17:04 pm »
Fox

I think you will find that all will give free training if one buys.

Len

Fox

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2004, 11:38:26 pm »
good to know Len - I'm useless with machines! lol   ;)

The Great One

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2004, 11:51:15 pm »
Hi Guys

Depending on who your clients are a steameasy pro is a hell of a weight, especially if you have to get up a few flights of stairs!

Also, you have to fill it up with 25 ltrs of water which then has to be dumped down your clients bog.

Choose wisely young Skywalker hmm

Regards

Martin 8)

Len Gribble

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2004, 01:23:04 am »
Martin

If you look at the cc side you will find that all cc keep the machine out side, thus improving air quality for the customer.

Fox

As I said you have to buy then get training ???

Len

The Great One

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2004, 02:18:37 am »
Hi

I might be missing something here but if you do have a steameasy and your client is on the top floor, say 5 flights of steps, how would you keep it outside . I take it from your post you mean out in the street?

Truckmounts maybe, although a lot of hose would be required, if you had a portable then you would still need to fill it up i.e. at the customers tap.

Or are you suggesting to lug it up say 5 flights, then back down with heaps of hose, clean the flat in question, lug it back up to empty it and then back down so you can go to the next job and maybe do it all again.

I would have to disagree here in that not ALL CC keep their machines outside. It is not practical or feasible.

Your thoughts

Regards

Martin 8)

dunny19

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2004, 06:32:17 pm »
i think len is full of s***

Len Gribble

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2004, 12:32:47 am »
Martin

Yes flats can be a problem in taking the machine up but it can still be left on the landing I would also charge extra for assistance unless they were prepared to assist me in carrying up/down at the end of the day you quantify this to the customer not into hernias no matter what the customer wants.

Regarding tm’s I don’t remember bring this into what machine isa needs, and yes I have a tm so what it’s not always the bees knees on some jobs! Now I have upset the tm’s.  

I will also add if Isa is into domestic cleaning the cliental would more than likely have lifts if not the above would come into play. I would also advocate keep machine out doors keeping down humidity in the building.

Dunny19 not into personal attacks at least I don’t’ hide if wrong correct me and I will take another view, if you intended to be a pro act like one! Then I’m a splash and dash

Len

The Great One

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2004, 12:20:47 pm »
Hi Guys

Most of my clients are letting agents, sometimes i come across 6 flights of stairs (aarrgh!) obviously they are empty and no help is around.

May i ask what you would suggest in this situation Len?

Regards

Martin 8)

Len Gribble

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2004, 07:47:27 pm »
Martin

Please refer to my last thread 1st par I covered this, but will say it again I would charge customer for the extra helper, I know you will come back and say they wont pay it, only you can make that decision.

Len