seanc

paye
« on: July 15, 2004, 12:19:04 am »
it would be interesting to see what the averidge pay for cleaners on the books under paye is thanks for your time  :)
do it today tommorow never comes

Fox

Re: paye
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 12:22:43 am »
Sean

It doesn't matter what you pay them - it depends on the amount of hours they work.

Fox

seanc

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 12:41:23 am »
i am going on a 39 hour week sorry i should have said full time

Musicman

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 06:42:13 pm »
First of all it is illegal to differentiate between full-time and part-time workers. I have a feeling that Fox was referring to shift durations of say 2 or 3 hours.

You could have a slightly lower rate for a longer shift as the take home pay will be higher, and travelling costs (bus fares etc) will be lower when averaged over the longer shift.

The biggest contributing factor has to be the geographic location so I cannot see the relevance of a poll. Sorry!

If you try the Job Centre Plus website you can get ideas of wage rates which may be of help to you.

I tried this for Andover (your part of the country, right?) and the wage spread was £5.00 as the lowest and £6.40 as the highest. The average was £5.81. This was predominantly for full-time positions.

Here in the East Midlands £5.00 is a pretty decent rate of pay - most contractors round here pay £4.50-£4.75. Now do you see my point about a poll?
Success is where hard work meets opportunity!

seanc

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2004, 08:02:34 pm »

Kenny_Dobson

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 03:06:52 am »
musicman

just out of interest how did you find out the average pay through job centre plus?

Iv'e tried the site myself but cannot see anywhere where you can get a statistic.

Im based in West sussex & you cannot get a cleaner for less than £6 pt  / £5.50 ft but as always you pay what every individual is worth.

Musicman

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 03:30:10 am »
Hi Wiz, it's nice to know that you can contribute more than seanc when I have gone out of my way to try and help him. ;D

Go to jobcentreplus.gov.uk, click on 'Looking for a Job', then 'Search for a Job'. In column 1 highlight 'General', in column 2 click on 'Cleaning/Hygiene' and in column 3 highlight 'Domestic cleaner/Valeter'. I know this may not seem to cover Office Cleaners but you know how Government organisations are... ;)

Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on 'Continue'.

Type in the Post-code of the place you are recruiting/quoting for and in the 'distance' box highlight 5 miles.

Then click on the 'Search for Jobs' link.

It will drop down a list of all vacancies starting with the ones closest to the Post-code you entered.

For example, in Horsham, West Sussex the rates appear to be around the £5.50 - £6.50 per hour mark which confirms what you say.

I regularly use this and sometimes find vacancies for the site that I am quoting for which in turn gives me great ammunition.

I hope this helps.
Success is where hard work meets opportunity!

Kenny_Dobson

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 03:36:52 am »
Thanks alot for the help i'm going to give it a wirl right now.

Kenny_Dobson

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 03:45:34 am »
Just come of the site and totally shocked and amused to be quite honest, i've just found one advert for new deal? where they are asking for an experianced cleaner who can use a buffing machine with no visible tatoos or body piercings for 8 hours a day and wait for it..........an incredible £3.88 ph!!