Ian Gourlay

Re: Is the cleaning industry really in crisis?
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2004, 09:26:06 pm »
Howmuch is Scott Youngs book. Can you buy it in bookshops.  Who is Scott Young sounds like an accountancy firm to me.

Ps as I am only a carpet cleaner I might not move in Scott Youngs circle

Philip Hanson

Re: Is the cleaning industry really in crisis?
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2004, 11:58:11 pm »
Who is Scott Young sounds like an accountancy firm to me.

That "Ernst & Young" you're thinking of.
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

Terry_Burrows

Re: Is the cleaning industry really in crisis? New
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2004, 12:02:40 am »
;)Very Interesting meeting I was blown away with the speakers,very pro like I was proud to be in the Industry;) Scot wants one voice to speak for the Industry,training to be with everyone as format with all companies,his demo of floor squeegees makes a lot of sense, ie when you wash a floor with a mop then ring it out in the bucket then repeat etc,you think its clean right! ;D wrong :P after moping it then squeegee it with a floor squeegee and see what you get up off the floor!
remember this hospital bug! well if you dont squeegee up after ,then you are leaving down lots of dirty water!
even with a clean new mop head,try the test yourself and see ;) it does make sense,there were many talks,one was making public awareness of the Industry,why not a TV advert! I made it clear there is not one on TV to exspose the Window cleaner or the Industry Cleaner,the HSE wants to work with everyone,tall orders it can be done,but money speaks and things do not move without money,we have all these organizsations that can only pull together to make this work,this will be a tall order..
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.