zesty

The wind and softwashing.
« on: June 15, 2018, 08:00:29 am »
So me and the old man did a large 4 bed rendered property yesterday, the one day it’s windy...

What an absolute barrel of laughs getting covered in overspray. (We had ppe on)

My dad used to manage 9 leisure centres so he knows ‘all there is to know about SH’. when he was the technical engineer it was his job to sort the chlorine out etc etc. I let him do most of the spraying  ;)

Customer was happy for us to proceed and the end result was excellent.

Needless to say I won’t be doing it on a windy day again, makes the job so much more Faffy.

There weren’t any cars or other houses nearby so there wasn’t any risk before people ask.

Has anyone been caught out in the wind?

Smudger

Re: The wind and softwashing.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 10:24:03 am »
if i was you i'd delete this thread

consider what your typing here and the consequences never mind the image your now portraying

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 08:42:31 pm »
Crikey Darren what’s your problem? Your literally only ever critical of anything I post?

It was fine. Job was a gooden. It was 3% solution with full PPE. Chill out and have a great weekend.

You do realise I’ve been in this game 12 years and have never had one bad or dangerous incident, it was a bit of wind that was a bit of a faff. We won’t be in a hurry to do it in likewise conditions again, but if it was that bad, we would have stopped immediately.

You should see how the cowboys do it if you think we did a dis service to the industry.  And no, we are not cowboys before you say so. Fully insured, sign written, 2 companies and thriving. A bit like you, except I don’t criticise every single post you make on here.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 08:24:12 am »
What spraying equipment were you using ? I did a job with an x- jet and vowed never again, it was hard to get an even coverage in even light wind.

I’ve been looking for a very long lance to fit on my pump up sprayer so I can reach the roof line on 2 storey houses.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 07:46:55 pm »
such a touchy fellow arnt we.....

in a time of big debate on hypo and use of, and problems i just wouldn't be putting up a thread about how the overspray was going everywhere - thats just my opinion - thats whats the forums about

Darran

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Matt.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 10:17:13 pm »
What spraying equipment were you using ? I did a job with an x- jet and vowed never again, it was hard to get an even coverage in even light wind.

I’ve been looking for a very long lance to fit on my pump up sprayer so I can reach the roof line on 2 storey houses.

I don't be messing with hypo really don't get me wrong I have used it pressure washing, but if I was looking for a sprayer to do roof or walls I would Defo use a wfp with fan 4 jets. The brush head is on the surface at all times whilst applying chems or a few inches away

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 03:57:04 pm »
Exactly

Darran