michael1

hypo
« on: August 31, 2015, 09:06:42 pm »
I have sourced a someone to sell it   the same person who supplies my tfr       but iam very worried  about using it    iam  planning to use it on the plack spots left on the slabs  I have tried  with the red nozzle  but some of them still wont move   to be honest when I drive past the houses  I always have a look after they dry   and there is only slight  spotting  left  no one complaints  but someone may in the future   so iam going to try hypo     by hand trigger  1ltre      bottle         90pecent   water 10 percent hypo   whare  do you people store your trigger bottle  in the van 

this is how I am going  to apply it      after cleaning down and rinsing everthing    look for the spots     and    spray on the spots   how long should I leave it for                          and should I use the black   chemical nozzle  to rinse away  avoiding splashes   

Smurf

Re: hypo
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 12:04:37 am »
I have sourced a someone to sell it   the same person who supplies my tfr       but iam very worried  about using it    iam  planning to use it on the plack spots left on the slabs  I have tried  with the red nozzle  but some of them still wont move   to be honest when I drive past the houses  I always have a look after they dry   and there is only slight  spotting  left  no one complaints  but someone may in the future   so iam going to try hypo     by hand trigger  1ltre      bottle         90pecent   water 10 percent hypo   whare  do you people store your trigger bottle  in the van 

this is how I am going  to apply it      after cleaning down and rinsing everthing    look for the spots     and    spray on the spots   how long should I leave it for                          and should I use the black   chemical nozzle  to rinse away  avoiding splashes   

I buy 14-15% hypo from a local pool supplier in 25 litre containers and dilute it down to roughly 7% strength.
Only buy what I need at the time as hypo can go off and not only that can be a hazzard to store, If also spilt neat in the back of the van will eat through metal too. ;D

Regarding applying it I prefer to use a window cleaners bucket and a chepo telescopic car/truck brush and slap it on rather than trying to spray it on. I've found hand, pump up and even backpack sprayers will not last very long as are not hypo resitant even the ones with viton seals.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 12:57:20 am »

I buy 14-15% hypo from a local pool supplier in 25 litre containers and dilute it down to roughly 7% strength.
Only buy what I need at the time as hypo can go off and not only that can be a hazzard to store, If also spilt neat in the back of the van will eat through metal too. ;D

Regarding applying it I prefer to use a window cleaners bucket and a chepo telescopic car/truck brush and slap it on rather than trying to spray it on. I've found hand, pump up and even backpack sprayers will not last very long as are not hypo resitant even the ones with viton seals.

Hi Smurf, in fairness to you, your post tells the true story, Sodium hypochlorite should never be sprayed when you are working on a customers property (especially at 15% strength) as the overspray will cause detrimental damage to all sorts of surfaces, at least recognize if you are going to use such a harsh chemical that you use it from a bucket and apply by brush to the designated area, just to share the same should apply for spraying any TFRs as they are mainly based on sodium metasilicate, or sodium hydroxide, both being nearly as damaging as sodium hypochlorite (bleach).

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 09:20:28 am »
In another post I went into detail about using hypo as even at 7% is nasty stuff to use.

Matt.

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 10:15:16 pm »
Bloody hell guys I mix mine 1/3 (30%), I don't spray it on I use bucket and brush to apply

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 12:06:14 am »
14-15% hypo diluted  down 1 to 1 to 7% is still very strong but not strong enough sometimes ;D

samson

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 06:06:21 am »
I am looking for 50% if anyone knows where I can get some  ;D

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 09:41:30 am »
I am looking for 50% if anyone knows where I can get some  ;D

try the MOD .... they use it for chemical warfare etc

Ian101

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 09:48:21 am »
I use to use hypo when I pressure washed but once I opened a container and accidently knocked it over ... spilt at least a quarter of a litre ... I knew I was in trouble when the birds started to drop from the skies for a 5 miles radius ..... bas stuff keep away from it

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 11:08:07 am »
I recently got shot of loads of empty 25 litre hypo containers down the tip. In hidsight what I should have done is stuck them on the likes of fleebay and made a few bob instead. Mind you they were mostly black or blue solid colour so would have not been that ideal for say a wfp trolley as you could not see through the sides but would have been ideal for storing pure in  ;D

samson

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 11:21:22 am »
We just take em back to the place we buy the stuff from.

Smurf

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 11:55:17 am »
Good thinking... I will ask next time but they probably will say they don't want them back as I know I would ;D

michael1

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 03:08:29 pm »
call these people            www.directchem.co.uk                     

Smurf

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 03:40:34 pm »
Next door is having a new fence so I was asked if I could move my static ro system and 1000 litre ibc's which I did today as it's down the side of the conservatory out of site. Anyway after moving it all out and setting it up temporary down the bottom of the garden which is not an ideal place for it I noticed the area could do with a clean. I used hypo to clean down the algae growth from the brickwork and cleaned the paving just by using hypo slapped on with a brush from a bucket., let dwell for 30 mins the hosed it off… Job done !

Was no need to use a pressure washer and I could have but could not be arsed to set one up. Not only that using hypo killed the moss, weeds, algae etc too and I did not blast crap everywhere either… Some jobs are not worth using a washer if you ask me when using hypo does a better job most of the time anyway  ;D

michael1

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 07:02:06 pm »
iam going to give hypo ago   I will buy some  and experiment in my garden  if iam not happy I will use it as a weed killer  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 10:38:54 am »
iam going to give hypo ago   I will buy some  and experiment in my garden  if iam not happy I will use it as a weed killer  ;D

Wear ppe, old cloths and keep pets, childrens out of the area you are working on until the surfice is dry and don't let any adults track hypo back into the house either.

Tips:
When mixing 14-15% strength hypo in a bucket 1-1 add the water first

Wet the area down first with a hose including any run off areas well like grass. plants etc and best you don't use hypo if it's near a pond as any run off can kill whatever living critters s in the pond.

Apply the hypo to the surfice  libraly with a chepo car/truck telescopic  brush (slap it on)
For bad areas I've found those stiff bristle deck brushes idea to give it a bit of a scrub if need be.

Let dwell for about 30 mins and re-apply if need be

Then rinse the area down well including any run off areas.

Job done  ;D

samson

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 12:21:00 pm »
We use polyester uniforms when pressure Washig and using Hypo now
Amy other fabric will just fall to bits  ;D
I would show you a pic, but I  am on holday

Smurf

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 01:36:13 pm »
I've ruined so many decent cloths so I now just turn up in my old navy blue uniform covered in  pink splater so I look a bit  like mr blooby  ;D ;D ;D

samson

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 02:02:43 pm »
I've ruined so many decent cloths so I now just turn up in my old navy blue uniform covered in  pink splater so I look a bit  like mr blooby  ;D ;D ;D

samson

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 02:03:06 pm »
 ;D

mufcglen

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 02:30:11 pm »
would hypo be ok to use on very very grubby bus shelters?
ive been cleaning them with some double strength tfr almost pure and its still not shifting the dirt on some o the frames as theyve not been cleaned for that long!!
think i need something stronger on them?

samson

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 02:57:15 pm »
would hypo be ok to use on very very grubby bus shelters?
ive been cleaning them with some double strength tfr almost pure and its still not shifting the dirt on some o the frames as theyve not been cleaned for that long!!
think i need something stronger on them?
Definitely not !!!!  Have a word with Taidgh on this section, had a couple of his products and would highly recommend them.

michael1

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2015, 05:17:11 pm »
there is a lot of info here       thanks

Smudger

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2015, 08:42:19 pm »
What a bunch of wimps you lot are,

Minimum strength is 3 parts water 1 part hypo and quite often 50/50 and always sprayed on  ;D

However we do use full chemical suits  8)

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk