Kenny83

What do you do with yours??? :)
« on: July 09, 2014, 07:29:32 pm »
Seeing as technically we cant go the tip unless we buy a permit, just wondering what everyone does with waste / slop after they've cleaned a large block paved area, my usual options are...
Do you have a compost heap?
Look for nearby folage and mix it in with that if it's suitable
bag up and put in customers bin / garden waste bin
or take home and work out to do with it there??
On larger, well paying jobs I have the phone number to the local roadsweeeper guy who works for the council, I slip him 10 or 20 quid to come and road sweep the road as im finishing, the customer are well impressed by it to be honest but when I'm working in a different council borough (which is often as theres not much money in Wigan :)) this is not possible.
The house I moved from 18 months ago backed on to a huge field so I didn't have a problem taking it home and dumping it with the wild life, now I live in a more populated estate so not possible....

Can anyone add to this list? give me an idea that would please me and the customer? As sometimes I feel cheeky asking the customer to dump it on them  ;D
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Smudger

Re: What do you do with yours??? :)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 07:36:19 pm »
Have the same issues esp. After gutter clears

I use options 1 to 3 !!!

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

wpclean

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 07:58:29 pm »
I dug a massive hole in the back garden, I am now filling the hole with all the waste !

Ashley Brothwood

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 08:18:09 pm »
I have a 240l bin (the normal bin size) through veolia. It's emptied every 2 weeks and I think I pay about £7 an empty.  I put all chemical bottles and any general business waste in there as the council don't like you putting business waste in a normal bin.
There might be a local veolia depot near you if not ring around a few waste company's one is bound to do it. They also do a euro bin size for about double the price just depends how much waste you have.

drive surgeon

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 08:22:56 pm »
Customers borders or anywhere can get rid of it.  Have u smelt a bucket of sludge after a week? It's horrendous. I used to pile it on my dad's borders if I couldn't get rid of it. His borders stink to high heaven.  We have to tell custys we can no longer dump it so it's for them to dispose of. Or we can take it away for an extra £20  ;D

drive surgeon

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 08:25:52 pm »
Have seen the gypo's  brushing it all down the road drains. No one seems to say anything. They should be locked up!! 

Matt Gibson

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 08:30:04 pm »
I bag mine, take it to my lock up and keep it till i have about 20/25 bags and get the local "dumpit" guy around. Costs me £80 but its a business expense. Plus i always add a few quid onto every job for this reason.

Kevin Miller

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 08:42:58 pm »
Great question Lee, you are allowed 3 permits every 3 months here. So I ring the council every 3 months and order 3 permits at a time. I take the sludge home bagged up,and store it in my 3 green bins ive aquired. Then once a month i take it all in my van to the local tip and discard it there for no charge. Sometimes they don't even take my permit. Meaning I get aadditional month as I can carry them over. Hope it makes sense.

Neil Jones

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 10:21:52 pm »
Green bin, I could fill my green bin with bricks and they'd still take it. In fact I did that once in my grey bin, didn't realise the weight until I tried to move it but they still took it. Stick em a crate of beer at xmas as I do the lads at the tip.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 10:24:50 pm »
I've got a Pacman who lives in Crosby. I give it to him, he gobbles all the s*it up and then spouts it all on here ;D

Rob ;D

Kenny83

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 10:32:04 pm »
I dug a massive hole in the back garden, I am now filling the hole with all the waste !

;D ;D ;D is that a serious answer?  ;D
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Jettaway

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 10:59:09 pm »
1 2 or if I have to 4.

In our area you cant put it in green bins because they won't accept soil or anything that looks like soil.

Im trying to talk some gardener's at the local allotments to take it off me for their plants. Not much luck though.

wpclean

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 11:00:03 pm »

;D ;D ;D is that a serious answer?  ;D
Yes but the trouble is the hole is nearly full, so I am going to have dig another one soon !

Andy_MK

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 09:39:20 am »
Gardeners won't want it because it will have oil, weeds and other such cr*p in with it. I mix it on the borders, if that is not an option I take it home, at a cost, and put it in my green waste bin then cover it with grass cuttings.

Jettaway

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 09:41:56 am »
That's as good point Andy, never thought of that.

Blast Away

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 04:22:26 pm »
The euro bins in communal developments get ours.

Smudger

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 04:44:40 pm »
Gardeners won't want it because it will have oil, weeds and other such cr*p in with it. I mix it on the borders, if that is not an option[ I take it home, /color]at a cost, and put it in my green waste bin then cover it with grass cuttings.

That's the problem unless you have a waste carriers licence - same for gardeners you can get done for upto 5k ( if memory serves ) for removing it from site.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Andy_MK

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 06:26:33 pm »

That's the problem unless you have a waste carriers licence - same for gardeners you can get done for upto 5k ( if memory serves ) for removing it from site.

Darran

You can get a free (lower tier) waste carriers license to cover you for that. FIll in the form online and print the license off. You will be covered instantly.

If you don't have one, do it now, takes a few mins.

https://www.wastecarriersregistration.service.gov.uk/registrations/find?locale=en

cleaning4usussex

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 06:34:37 pm »
Pore the water onto boarders then the dryer stuff especially the gutter vac stuff goes in the green bin!

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 07:09:29 pm »
Customers green bin if they ok it, if not bring it home and put it in my bin or over the back fence in to the farmers field :)