Tony Edwards

Ouch ! Advise pls
« on: May 24, 2013, 07:46:18 pm »

Been jet washing a custys swimming pool terrace today for 7 hours. My hands and wrists are killing !

What do you pros do to stop this ? Did even consider using a cable tie on the lance but thought maybe a bad idea.

Any advice or am I just a wimp !  :P

Deep Cleaning Solutions

David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Richy L

Re: Ouch ! Advise pls
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 07:59:53 pm »
Cable tie would not be a good idea as you can't poop it off when needed.
I have clamped it before, but generally I just hold it and swap hand every now and again.

You get used to it.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 08:00:37 pm »
Nothing wrong with the anti vibration gloves but what you are experiencing is holding the trigger for too long and if you aren't used to it you will be feeling it all the way up to your shoulder by this time tomorrow.

I had a lad with me on Tuesday and he thought that pressure washing was easy, it is when you do it every day but if I have a few days off I can feel it as well.

'Man up ya wimp'  ;D

Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 08:07:22 pm »
We cable tie our triggers. I find myself holding the end of the gun in my palm and moving my hand all around the gun, even holding the coupling at times or even with my thumb through the gun and four fingers resting on the end of gun meeting lance. Also the same trigger goes in use on Our FSC'ers so cable tied again and just pushing along.

We use ST2600 guns which are easy pull triggers

http://www.washdownsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/easypullnew.jpg

Blast Away

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 08:07:36 pm »
We cable tie our triggers. I find myself holding the end of the gun in my palm and moving my hand all around the gun, even holding the coupling at times or even with my thumb through the gun and four fingers resting on the end of gun meeting lance. Also the same trigger goes in use on Our FSC'ers so cable tied again and just pushing along.

We use ST2600 guns which are easy pull triggers

Tony Edwards

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 08:07:49 pm »
Rob

Will you show me the secrets when I come on your course !  :P

Tony Edwards

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 08:09:59 pm »
Cheers Lee

Cable ties it is and have to invest in one of those guns

Rob_Mac

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 08:13:51 pm »
I've just had four Lee, already got two set up on spigots.

The difference is massive - they are so easy!!

Rob ;D

Matt Gibson

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 08:14:06 pm »
I've used cable ties in the past too. Make sure you dont pull the tie real tight. I always tighten mine just enough so the gun is on, but if you slip it upwards, the trigger will release. So if you need to let go of the trigger fast, you just slip the tie upwards instead of having to try and cut it. If that makes sense..

Simon@Pristine Pathways

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 08:17:33 pm »
I use cable ties too. Was going to explain but Matt's description is spot on.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 08:19:44 pm »
Your all a bunch of limp wristed....................... ;D

Rob ;D

Tony Edwards

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 08:21:37 pm »
Cheers matt

So my idea of cable ties was not such a bad idea ! Will take your advise

Simon@Pristine Pathways

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 08:30:13 pm »

Been jet washing a custys swimming pool terrace today for 7 hours. My hands and wrists are killing !

What do you pros do to stop this ? Did even consider using a cable tie on the lance but thought maybe a bad idea.

Any advice or am I just a wimp !  :P

Tony out of interest how many square metres is the terrace and what stone?

Tony Edwards

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 08:42:41 pm »
Simon

Was approximately 17 mtrs x 10 mtrs with the pool in the middle and was paving slabs. Customer adamant no chemicals so was hard slog. Charged £300 cash custy well happy and nice end to the week

Blast Away

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 09:01:18 pm »
I've just had four Lee, already got two set up on spigots.

The difference is massive - they are so easy!!

Rob ;D

8)

Simon@Pristine Pathways

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 09:21:58 pm »
Simon

Was approximately 17 mtrs x 10 mtrs with the pool in the middle and was paving slabs. Customer adamant no chemicals so was hard slog. Charged £300 cash custy well happy and nice end to the week

No chemicals near there fresh water chemical free pool!

I ve had the same result today £300 cash. Different way, 2 patios £150 each 1st one 9am finished 11am, home for bacon butty 2nd one 1pm finished 2.45. Gets home and says to the wife ive had a grueller of a day and only made £120....you know the score lads!!!

Tony Edwards

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 09:33:05 pm »
Nice result

Difference was you worked less for same money !

Sometimes a few smaller jobs can be more lucrative. Did one last week small patio took an hour and £100 cash

It's hard work and I admire you guys who do it full time

Blast Away

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 12:26:29 am »
Simon

No chemicals near there fresh water chemical free pool!

I ve had the same result today £300 cash. Different way, 2 patios £150 each 1st one 9am finished 11am, home for bacon butty 2nd one 1pm finished 2.45. Gets home and says to the tax man ive had a grueller of a day and only made £120....you know the score lads!!!

;)

Jettaway

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 08:32:44 am »
I'm in the the cable tie club as well. Can't echo the don't tie it too tight though, you need to be able to slip the tie up if need be.
Also the anti vibration gloves are a blessing, its eased the pain on my wrists no end.

I hold the lance any way that feels comfy at the time and swop hands regularly.