Matt Gibson

Whirlaway problem
« on: May 13, 2012, 10:02:42 am »
Ok, I know there are other posts way back that cover this, but they dont really give enough information.

I was given a whirlaway by a very nice gentleman  ;D and i replaced the spray bar as it was leaking. I then tested it but water was flooding out of the bypass hole underneath, so i searched, and apparently that means the small O ring is knackered. Now, the previous posts state that its quite easy to disassemble the swivel head and replace the O ring.

I took off the circlip, slid the shaft with the 2 bearings on it out and thats as far as i could get. I cant get the the inlet valve/spring/small O ring because there are other bits in the way and they just wont budge.

I know there is a video on youtube, but he doesnt tell you how to get these bits out, he just says they are really hard to move.

Can anyone give me any pointers please?

Cheers,

Matt

trevor perry

Re: Whirlaway problem
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 12:00:56 pm »
if the bottom pin with the o ring on is stuck and you cant pull it out with a pair of plyers you may have to knock it through from the top with a philips screwdriver, then it is just a matter of slipping on anew o ring and replacing.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Matt Gibson

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 12:55:49 pm »
Trevor,

Its not the actualy vale part with the o ring that is stuck. its the two big rings of metal before the vale that wont come out.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 04:42:28 pm »

The section with the brown grease is the part thats stuck inside the casing. It wont budge, therefore i cant get the cap or the valve out to get to the o ring

trevor perry

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 06:11:41 pm »
try spraying inside with some WD40 and leaving for a while then try placing closed long pliers in the hole open them outwards and pull, if this doesnt work i would still try tapping from the top inlet hole with screwdriver and hammer.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Kenny83

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 10:47:57 pm »
I would ring the people who supplied the o ring, they will probably have a solution and be happy to help if trevors advice doesn't work mate
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Matt Gibson

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 07:11:39 am »
Thanks guys. ill give it a go this week. i tried on saturday but it was stuck solid. i got in touch with centurywise cause thats where i bought a new spray bar for it. they told be to try and hook it out like trev did. otherwise they said heat up the outer casing to try and expand it enough to get it out.