stephen s

Re: Some people are so stupid!!!
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2010, 07:53:01 pm »
Maybe the time has come to look around for another forum were there is a little respect.

oh bless you sweetheart   let me know if you find one  ;D

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2010, 07:55:52 pm »
Mr Dolby comes on here sometimes to promote windex and the fed. I think he's a nice bloke and has worked hard over the years to 'put something back'.

Me being clever or rude at his expense was not something i wanted to do. I didn't know enough about the subject to disscus it properly so i bowed to his superior knowledge and commitement, or as you phrase it was 'put in my place'.

It wasn't the end of the world.

stephen s

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2010, 08:05:40 pm »
Mr Dolby comes on here sometimes to promote windex and the fed. I think he's a nice bloke and has worked hard over the years to 'put something back'.

Me being clever or rude at his expense was not something i wanted to do. I didn't know enough about the subject to disscus it properly so i bowed to his superior knowledge and commitement, or as you phrase it was 'put in my place'.

It wasn't the end of the world.

I'm afraid it was for you that day,  how wer all laughed at you for spouting your big mouth out with packs of Lies about people you have no knowledge of.   even Jebediah springfield   ( dave morris )  asked you to explain and give facts  ;D ;D ;D ;D

so the the best thing for you to do is keep you foot shaped moth shut as we all know you will put your foot in it at some point  ;D ;D ;D    simples                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          oh yes you are  ;D ;D

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2010, 08:14:06 pm »
I see wizard has deleted his account,

ftp

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2010, 08:28:24 pm »
Definately going downhill  ::)

Anyway Jack, I've had the same in the past, even had an empty envelope that I had to pick up from the post office 'cos the custy didn't put a stamp on it. I had to pay for the postage to take an empty envelope home  ::)

These days I write part of their name in very small writing on the back somewhere. Works for me.

stephen s

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2010, 09:10:24 pm »
Definately going downhill  ::)

if you need a push just let me know

ftp

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2010, 09:15:38 pm »
 ;D are you a drinker by any chance?

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2010, 09:24:18 pm »
What about the ltd thread steve?
We could all do with some advice from someone with your customer service background with a global brand. All those years of dunking the deep fat frier must have taught you something.I apologise for earlier mentioning the trainee cap you had to wear.C'mon go large and share some of that inside info.

stephen s

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2010, 09:25:50 pm »
;D are you a drinker by any chance?

no not any more,  have the odd glass of wine when I'm entertaining  and don't even smoke big fat ones anymore as gave that up as well.            does Earl gray count if so then I'm an alchy  ;D ;D ;D

Ian_Giles

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2010, 09:47:38 pm »
Stephen S, can you please start showing some more restraint.

Bluntly telling people the truth - as you see it - and often in an extremely rude and antagonistic fashion is, quite simply, NOT considered good form on the forum.

You all too frequently come across as aggressive and condescending and often resort to name calling (as you have in this thread)

We can all work up a head of steam when we read what we consider completely dumb arse and poorly thought out replies, I'm  no different in that respect, but I won't be rude or insulting in any responses I might make.

Regardless of how forthright and direct you might be out in the real world, on here in the 'cyber' world which only has the written word, you are constrained; Admin are gods, they set the rules and we have to obey them, whether we like it or not, and as one of the moderators I'm required to point this out now and then.... :-\

In the 'real' world we have vocal inflection, facial expressions and body language to gauge the spoken word and it's intent, be it humorous/sarcastic/aggressive/pedantic or whatever.

So please Stephen, make my life a little easier and rein it in a little.... :-X

And this also goes for the rest of you who are responding in kind, it makes unpleasant reading to say the least.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Ste M

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2010, 10:04:53 pm »
its ok Ian ill take it from here, ste calm it down or else

AuRavelling79

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2010, 10:06:30 pm »
I'm glad to be of service Stephen. (in regard to my pointing out that there are spelling and other errors on your website) I am sorry you feel that is negative to do that but it is of the utmost importance that you portray your excellent company in the best possible light.

After all £895 + (VAT) isn't to be sneezed at even for a wildly successful businessman such as you. Why don't you go back to the website designers and get them to put it right? Or did you proof-read it before giving the go ahead? Never mind.

My fees are minimal and a pint of good English ale of my choosing will suffice. Or perhaps you'd be so kind to as to leave £8.50 under one of my plant pots - I'll leave the gate open.

:-*

Seriously - so much anger is not good for you - think about it - getting wound up on a forum by the responses of "so-called window cleaners" (a job which by your own admission can be done by jailbirds) is silly isn't it? I think ftp has been quite insightful and I think it unkind to mock in the circumstances; but please calm down.

Now you have a lovely time with your important friends this weekend - and please don't ask for Black Forest Gateau - it is such a give away as to one's roots.

It's a game of three halves!

stephen s

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2010, 10:10:36 pm »
What about the ltd thread steve?
We could all do with some advice from someone with your customer service background with a global brand. All those years of dunking the deep fat frier must have taught you something.I apologise for earlier mentioning the trainee cap you had to wear.C'mon go large and share some of that inside info.

no real reason skunky lad,   but I will admit to thinking that by going Ltd it may lead to to bigger contracts believing they mostly went to Ltd company's        does that make me a bad person ?

plus the fact that should I go from strenth to strenth then one day I would leave it to my daughter who's the comapny secretary.

oh I like everyone else made mistakes when starting up,  was even Vat Reg  until the end of 08  but that was just to serve a purpose which it did.

But yes I am still Ltd and apart from what Daz said about persopnal protection  there isn't any major benifits.

what are you thinking of going legit ?

Ian Mason

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2010, 10:19:41 pm »

Bluntly telling people the truth - as you see it - and often in an extremely rude and antagonistic fashion is, quite simply, NOT considered good form on the forum.

You all too frequently come across as aggressive and condescending and often resort to name calling (as you have in this thread)

We can all work up a head of steam when we read what we consider completely dumb arse and poorly thought out replies, I'm  no different in that respect, but I won't be rude or insulting in any responses I might make.

Regardless of how forthright and direct you might be out in the real world, on here in the 'cyber' world which only has the written word, you are constrained; Admin are gods, they set the rules and we have to obey them, whether we like it or not, and as one of the moderators I'm required to point this out now and then.... :-\

In the 'real' world we have vocal inflection, facial expressions and body language to gauge the spoken word and it's intent, be it humorous/sarcastic/aggressive/pedantic or whatever.

And this also goes for the rest of you who are responding in kind, it makes unpleasant reading to say the least.

Ian

I agree that many of the comments on here do get silly at times, & much of Stephen S`s comments were out of order, but I do admire him for speaking out whilst his contact details & address are so freely available.

I think much of the trouble on here is caused when people give it out, but are in hiding behind a screen, with absolutely no reference to who they are.

I also notice that during some heated discussions, NEW members seem to appear, & within a matter of minutes of joining, they are giving it out in much the same way, but I guess they don`t want to ruin their CIU god status! ;D

stephen s

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2010, 10:34:08 pm »

Ian

Ian.

Very well put and yes I take on board everything you have pointed out,   and yes I'm guilty of name calling and hold my hand up to it,       but you have to adress the other name callers as well Ian as in these cases its a 2 way street.

thing is Ian if someone starts slagging me off for disagreeing with and airing my owm views then I aint just gonna take it I will give it back and I live by the motto if you cant take it don't give it  and give better than I get.

I fully understand your position and the fact you have to try and keep order on here and I fully respect that,     but I will aleays air my views and if that gets me barred then so be it.

there isn't a single person on here who Ive name called that I wouldn't say it to their faces,  thats not being some kind of hard case or some aggression freak,  thats just my upbringing to have a point of view of my own and think for myself.

so yes I will respect your wishes and stop the name calling  but expect me to be barred if some rag head tries it as I say I give better than I take,    meaning that if someone slags me off then you know thr rest

stephen s

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2010, 10:36:49 pm »
its ok Ian ill take it from here, ste calm it down or else

now thats what I call brilliant,  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D if I didn't know you better I would say your a scouser  ;D ;D ;D

stephen s

« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2010, 10:39:12 pm »

Ian

I agree that many of the comments on here do get silly at times, & much of Stephen S`s comments were out of order, but I do admire him for speaking out whilst his contact details & address are so freely available.

I think much of the trouble on here is caused when people give it out, but are in hiding behind a screen, with absolutely no reference to who they are.

I also notice that during some heated discussions, NEW members seem to appear, & within a matter of minutes of joining, they are giving it out in much the same way, but I guess they don`t want to ruin their CIU god status! ;D

Ian.

I have absolutely nothing to hide,   unless you work for the CSA  then I don't know what your talking about  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

matt

« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2010, 10:47:10 pm »

Ian

Ian.

Very well put and yes I take on board everything you have pointed out,   and yes I'm guilty of name calling and hold my hand up to it,       but you have to adress the other name callers as well Ian as in these cases its a 2 way street.

thing is Ian if someone starts slagging me off for disagreeing with and airing my owm views then I aint just gonna take it I will give it back and I live by the motto if you cant take it don't give it  and give better than I get.

I fully understand your position and the fact you have to try and keep order on here and I fully respect that,     but I will aleays air my views and if that gets me barred then so be it.

there isn't a single person on here who Ive name called that I wouldn't say it to their faces,  thats not being some kind of hard case or some aggression freak,  thats just my upbringing to have a point of view of my own and think for myself.

so yes I will respect your wishes and stop the name calling  but expect me to be barred if some rag head tries it as I say I give better than I take,    meaning that if someone slags me off then you know thr rest

rag head ? ? ? ?

stephen s

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2010, 11:05:42 pm »
I'm glad to be of service Stephen. (in regard to my pointing out that there are spelling and other errors on your website) I am sorry you feel that is negative to do that but it is of the utmost importance that you portray your excellent company in the best possible light.

After all £895 + (VAT) isn't to be sneezed at even for a wildly successful businessman such as you. Why don't you go back to the website designers and get them to put it right? Or did you proof-read it before giving the go ahead? Never mind.

My fees are minimal and a pint of good English ale of my choosing will suffice. Or perhaps you'd be so kind to as to leave £8.50 under one of my plant pots - I'll leave the gate open.

:-*

Seriously - so much anger is not good for you - think about it - getting wound up on a forum by the responses of "so-called window cleaners" (a job which by your own admission can be done by jailbirds) is silly isn't it? I think ftp has been quite insightful and I think it unkind to mock in the circumstances; but please calm down.

Now you have a lovely time with your important friends this weekend - and please don't ask for Black Forest Gateau - it is such a give away as to one's roots.

why cant all your posts be this interesting  ;D ;D ;D ;D     dont suppose you would believe me when I say I'm smiling a lot when replying and not with rage  but whether you or not is not really my concern.

spot on about the website though and yes it did cost me £895 + Vat  but it was me who messed it up by not doing the proof reading as I stated in an earlier post  but yes I cany blame the web designer for that.

Gold   do you really see me as an agressive person ?     an opinionated T   I may be  but surely using pet names to wind fellow so called w/c up  but does that mean I'm being aggressive ?

its quite strange but the other 2 forums I visit I never seem to encounter this  but I have my idea's why this may be so..

glad to see you have low fees and yes I will leave the £8.50 under your plant pot  but only after I call you the night before or send a text to comfirm as I don't want to turn ip and find youve gone to work and left the gaye locked  ;D ;D ;D ;D

as for the blck forest  well just call me Herman the G.....       that dam SS is always a give away,   even tried being half Danish but lets face it  DANISH PASTRY v BLACK FORREST GATEAU   there's just no contest  ;D ;D ;D

right this opinionated T has to call his daughter  so thanks for the reply  and yes it did make me smile so you take care as well and have a fantastico day tomorrow,             as for me well I'm training up another prison release at 9am   so by 9.30 am  he should make supervisor  ;D ;D ;D

stephen s

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2010, 11:06:56 pm »

Ian

Ian.

rag head ? ? ? ?

matt

is a scouse thing