Re: Listen to this
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2009, 08:39:21 pm »
thye only added up to about £12 and handy to have, I know you could start with less, like I said if I replaced everything I have.

cozy

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2009, 08:40:58 pm »
OK Ladder, I'm in Germany but just cuz Unger are Guurmuns I don't think it's THAT much cheaper here. I started with 1 kit and 1 spare. A complete Unger dolly ( aplicator I think in UK) complete sqeegy cloths, scraper, dunno what that is in UK.(razor) Basically 2 of everything that fits in a bucket (2 of them). Ladders 2x 12 with stabler. Extention pole 1x3 mtr etc etc. Step ladder 2x3 all together 280 to 300 sheets.Roof rack for the car I had at the time. What can I say. I bought 3 point ladder with parts later but i was talking about start up.  Stand by what I've said

Goota go 2nd half ;D

elite mike

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2009, 08:43:28 pm »
probably what it is then i get mine from brown's, well used to anyway..

got a ladder from Browns after 3 months rungs loose in stiles,worst ladder i ever had,midland ladder from now  ;D

cannot beat access international  clima   ;)
is that the firm or ladder maker,have you a web address  ;D

hi stan

not sure if they are still going, got mine from jewsons

about 12 years old now

if you open a trade cash account with them you get them at a good price

they came with the swivel feet ;D

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2009, 08:48:52 pm »
It wasn't a contridiction, I agree that you could start up for 300 but if I replaced all the equipement I have, and a set of ladders as listed it would be more. I was just curious how much it all added upto.

Ladders 2x 12 with stabler. Extention pole 1x3 mtr

you could get 2 sets of ladders for about 200, and I have two sizes of poles, about 100 thats 300 there, before I buy a squeegee.

NWH

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2009, 08:59:28 pm »
OK Ladder, I'm in Germany but just cuz Unger are Guurmuns I don't think it's THAT much cheaper here. I started with 1 kit and 1 spare. A complete Unger dolly ( aplicator I think in UK) complete sqeegy cloths, scraper, dunno what that is in UK.(razor) Basically 2 of everything that fits in a bucket (2 of them). Ladders 2x 12 with stabler. Extention pole 1x3 mtr etc etc. Step ladder 2x3 all together 280 to 300 sheets.Roof rack for the car I had at the time. What can I say. I bought 3 point ladder with parts later but i was talking about start up.  Stand by what I've said
i agre £300 max  ;D
Correct i spend a lot more now over the course of a year than i ever did trad loads more 2-3 holidays more lol.

What about: Marketing, Sales, Administration, indirect cost,   ;D

elite mike

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2009, 09:04:49 pm »
ive gone off swivel feet,in certain places they were the bees knees,but last week i slid 2 foot down a wall on slippy flag also not good on grass slopes,gravel,decking,will be taking feet off at some point and spiking which not as good on some jobs but is better all round

hi stan

with the clima ones you can flick them round, so that the ladder  digs in the slopes

and the gravel, as for the slippery flags a couple of scrims :o will do the trick

i will get some stick for that last comment ;)

but go wfp and you will avoid most of these problems,, nag nag ;D

bad trippy

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2009, 09:37:18 pm »

got a ladder from Browns after 3 months rungs loose in stiles,worst ladder i ever had,midland ladder from now  ;D
mdland ladders gave me a fantastic deal a couple of weeks ago, titan double 10 with fitted swivel feet free delivery £85 all in, and its a great little ladder
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

cozy

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2009, 09:39:34 pm »
Ewen,I promise I will answer your point, as soon as I have time, even though the point was start up kit,

bad trippy

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2009, 09:40:10 pm »

mdland ladders gave me a fantastic deal a couple of weeks ago, titan double 10 with fitted swivel feet free delivery £85 all in, and its a great little ladder
midland ladders even lol
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

peter holley

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2009, 10:16:07 pm »
i took it as wfp isnt professonal . ???
thats the thing with wfp when will you get it in your heads some times its a lot quicker
and you can pass on a saving to the custi not be a cowboy just pass on a saving get it

vwry well said ... i could charge more!but i came accross a guy canvassing a street i work on ...he asked how much i charge on average ? £12 i said for this street... ohn iv been quotingn £15 so how can you survive at that price he asked ?

coz  i do that one that one that one ... then i do those there , that on e there and then i do these. after that i do this one and then i move on to those ... etc

he gave up and moved on! lol

Ian_Giles

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2009, 11:02:42 pm »
Stan...
Love the avatar. Truth.
But as much as I love it, I also have to tell you to change it!
Yes, I know that in the grand scheme of things it is tame, but it is still too risque for the forum  :-\ (regretfully)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2009, 11:07:55 pm »
Stan...
Love the avatar. Truth.
Yes, I know that in the grand scheme of things it is tame, but it is still too risque for the forum  :-\ (regretfully)

Ian

I agree it looks like she's doing a Nazi Salute :)

R W C

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2009, 11:13:59 pm »
Stan...
Love the avatar. Truth.

Ian

yer come on stan i mean my 9 year old son might decide to log into a window cleaning forum

cozy

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2009, 11:25:30 pm »
Come on Boss, my mrs is reading this forum most days, and she isn't offended by Stans pic.
He works hard (so he says). Give the guy a break ;D

karygate

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2009, 06:01:31 am »
i,m sure she was on one of the cleaning stands yesyerday with same clothes and a yellow hat to match ;D ;D
gary

barry80

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2009, 05:11:56 pm »
well £12.00 is not bad for an hours work I would be well happy.
hello.

kenaltobelli

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2009, 05:50:20 pm »
barry i would be happy to £12  i would work all day ;)

kenaltobelli

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2009, 05:59:34 pm »
yea seems right to me

Tosh

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2009, 07:03:29 pm »
Stan,

You like my avatar; I know you do.

;)

john tomkins

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2009, 08:45:52 pm »
The government treat you different and you don’t pay road tax and you’re exempt from having vehicle insurance and every petrol station lets you take as much fuel as and when you need it.
 ;D

I now actually class vehicle costs as a perk of the job.
In previous jobs (factory work) I still had a vehicle to get to work, still had to pay fuel, servicing, repairs, tax, mot etc etc.
I now offset all costs against tax :)