keefuss69

HAUNTED HOUSES..??
« on: March 01, 2005, 06:25:18 pm »
Does anyone clean any "haunted houses", or ones that just dont seem right?

We do a house called moorlands once a month in and out, it was bulit in the 1800's. Its a massive house with bowling green, tennis courts, 12 bedrooms etc etc, even has the bells from which they used to call the servants with in the main hallway. Well getting back to the point, i was in one of the master bedrooms on my steps  reaching up cleaning the tops of the windows, only like 14ft up in the air....in the bedroom remember when i could feel some1 watching me, i turned round to see who was there and the door was just closing, i jumped down reopend the door,,,,no-one there..???

strange i thought, then i started to get a bit edgy, i carried on cleaning, into the next room, all ok. no worries i thought its me being stupid......UNTILL...

i went up to the 3rd floor rooms, took out my aplicator, went to put it on the window and had the "being watched"  feeling, i turned round and a hat fell off a hat stand....PARRRRRRRP went me.  my god it made me jump, there was nothing to knock the hat off its stand.

belive me, i didnt hang around, finished up, went downstairs, started talking to the lady who lives there and she said, " oh yes, its very haunted here, im supprised that its taken this long for you to notice as youve been doing our windows for the last 5 years" Parrrrrrp went me, got paid, and left, not looking forward to next month.

tell us your "spooky tales" :o
dust is low fat so eat as much as you want!!!

Ian_Giles

Re: HAUNTED HOUSES..??
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 07:51:59 pm »
Cool!! you jammy old so and so, I would love an account like that......Was going to say, 'I would die for an account like that.'
Maybe not an appropriate turn of phrase...given the nature of the post!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

marc al

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 07:54:03 pm »
 The house I live in has some spooky going ons, things moving, cold spells in certain places, cups on the mug tree swaying and so on, asked the next door neighbour and someone who was friends with the previous occupants, both said they believed it was haunted. Turns out that the people who had the house built in the 60's (and have subsequently been killed in an accident) were white witches!  :o

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 08:10:50 pm »
Some bugger flushes my bog in the middle of the night!

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 10:44:23 pm »
I don't know about haunted houses, we've yet to do one like that but I think if I was anywhere that a hat fell off a hat rack for no apparent reason that it'd be the last time I went there again.

And, marc al, no thanks. I'd be more than nervous living there.

Mind you our place must be haunted also. Forget the fact I have 3 daughters, our fridge empties itself of food on a regular basis and no one's been anywhere near it. Also, the biscuits vannish having had no one eat them.

marc al

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 04:09:07 pm »
 I've got 3 daughters as well as the spooks! My life is sometimes very trying!!

marc al

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 04:10:47 pm »
 My wife slept downstairs last night (she is ill and was keeping me awake) and said that there was a knock on the living room door at 2-30 this morning, but we were all still asleep!

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 08:49:41 pm »
I lived in Hohne, Northern Germany for three years (three years ago).  It was next door to Belsen concentration camp of World War II, and was used as a massive hospital for the 'survivors' who died in their hundreds - every day, in the camp which we lived.  Initial death rates were 300 per day and it took over a month for this figure to fall below a 100.  Literally thousands of people died where we lived.

At the bottom of our road was the cemetary where the 'survivors' were buried.  It was rumoured that some of our married quarters once served as morgues - packed to the hilt with the poor dead.

It was a creepy place to live.  Our married quarter was a converted German Army Barrack Block.  It has a long, very large corridor right down the middle with rooms off to the left and right.  Everything about camp was 'grey', dark and dreary.

The community psyciatric nurse claimed to be the busiest in her job out of any other garrison town in the British Army.  It was 'that' type of place.  Suicides, or attempts were frequent.

Ghost stories were rife, and while I was living there, a nearby married quarter was 'blessed' by a Pardre after strange goings on.

Two things were funny about the place. 

1.  If there were such things as ghosts, I'd have been bumping into them everywhere.  I never did once, although I did avoid going down the cellars during darkness.

2.  I never cleaned my windows in the three years I lived there.  Not once.  We couldn't get a window cleaner, living on camp.  They were minging!