lee_dewing

Poles (not wfp)
« on: February 26, 2005, 04:28:18 pm »
thinking of buying manaul pole system buy unger reache's 30 feet, basically for inaccessible windows and conservatory roofs. anyone got these, what are your experience of using these, seen in catalogue has attachments for mop & squeegee, you guys know, do you think i'm wasting my money?

lee_dewing@hotmail.co.uk
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

matt

Re: Poles (not wfp)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 10:08:56 pm »
i used my unger for hard to reach windows for ages, it does a great job

then i went WFP and still use my unger :) for that

money well spent

Real Clean Guy

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 10:13:30 pm »
Anyone got any advise, I use Ettore back flip with my extension pole, but find it difficult to not to leave a line of water when passing the sqeegee across the glass.  Any tips?  Is it the angle I am dragging down the sqeegee at??

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 10:15:19 pm »
For poles go for fibreglass eg from ionic systems; more expensive but less bendy than aluminium; then you need Unger swivel sgueegee and swivel applicator eg from Soap National; the squeegee viewed from the side is straight not 30deg like handheld squeegee; then with a bit of practice you can turn the tools around corners as if it was in your hand.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 10:34:13 pm »
The Unger poles came with my trolley system from Peter Fogwill, and I have used them uyp to 4 stories high...they do bend a bit but they are fine.

I regularly use them for windows above conservatories, stupidly large porches (like todays house, it was almost a conservatory itself!)....windows above funny sticky out roof etc etc.

In some cases the bend is helpful as it can make it easier to reach hard to reach windows!!

Cheers
Steve

karlosdaze

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 12:16:40 pm »
thinking of buying manaul pole system buy unger reache's 30 feet, basically for inaccessible windows and conservatory roofs. anyone got these, what are your experience of using these, seen in catalogue has attachments for mop & squeegee, you guys know, do you think i'm wasting my money?

lee_dewing@hotmail.co.uk
You'll have trouble with squeeging with a pole at that height, forget it. Can be done, but with a lot of practise. It'll look alright from the ground, but from inside :'(

karlosdaze

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 12:23:33 pm »
Anyone got any advise, I use Ettore back flip with my extension pole, but find it difficult to not to leave a line of water when passing the sqeegee across the glass.  Any tips?  Is it the angle I am dragging down the sqeegee at??
Yes.
Top to bottom, let the water out on one side, dont forget to tap the excess water off before returning to the top. Don't overload with water.
Across the glass:- Could be lots of reasons, make sure pressure is not more on one side than the other. Make sure you have 1" to 2" overlap (same going down). Check rubber is good. if you go slower, you will probably find the problem.

windakleena1

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 05:32:50 pm »
Bought my pole in a sale at B&q, cost me a tenner, Godsend!!!