choice.clean

Re: am i the only one having problems with george
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2005, 08:31:09 am »
good healthy debate which was my goal folks think i will try again can anyone tell me why i'm getting that message though internal error in table when i'm trying to move someone. or alternatively how to delete everything i've done with george and start all over again. (think that might be the better option after 4 weeks)

seriously i need help folks if george is so good

George Systems

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2005, 08:59:58 am »
Hi

Did you run our DataFix program as I suggested in my eMail?

Paul

George Systems

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2005, 09:01:30 am »
Hi Roy

Sorry - I missed your message last night.

No I don't clean windows - my business partner does though. I'm just a programmer...

Paul

Ian_Giles

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2005, 01:43:23 pm »
20 years ago I filed everything in a page a day diary, work done, a 'P' or a 'C' to indicated paid or collect. Round was monthly, then also became weeky cos of shops and so on, so all work was labeled week 1/2/3/4 at the top of each page.

And of course along came computers and spreadsheets.

I spent many a frustrating hour teaching myself how to use excel, designed my invoices, developed a way to have my data for my repeat commercial work print out for me, all I did (and still do) was put current days date in the topmost invoice for the shops due on that day and clicked print ;D
Worksheets for lads that worked for me, all details entered into the comp ;)

Now I've come full circle, I'm back to entering my daily details in a page a day diary again!!
Even gone back to an exersize book to list new accounts, money banked, money spent etc...........sigh, retro or what :-\

But its so easy, and so quick to flip through the pages too, maybe when palm tops can be bought for £6.50 I'll get one and go back-forwards to tapping data back into a computer again ;D

Still print off all my invoices though.

Perhaps I'll be a real blend of modern and retro, get a shire horse, a cart, cloth cap, thick corduroy trousers, held up with bracers..........and my WFP on the cart ;) I'd have to insist on a decent sound system though, need my CD player ;D
I'll miss the hot air from the car heater.....but I guess the horse may produce the occasional blast of warm, if somewhat aromatic air from time to time :o

Ian

Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

choice.clean

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2005, 07:13:52 am »
does running datafix take you back to the beginning again as this is what i want to do i think i have downloaded this it appears as an icon on my desktop but doesn't do anything when i download it and i still can't change much

choice.clean

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2005, 07:53:28 am »
thought i'd get up early to have a look at george again especially after all those glowing reports so here is the progress
thought i would right click and delete all the files and the datafix program so sent to recycle bin and removed all contents
then downloaded again from website
followed all instructions as per website and reentered details
hey presto all the old info reappears ??? ??? ???
oh well lets try again i think so attempt to delete the info customer by customer error message comes up at first attempt
I/O error on mtd file58/60

took me an hour and a half to get to this point so come on george tell us the answer how do we get out of this
a bit longer than the fAg packet

George Systems

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2005, 08:33:11 am »
Hi

If you really want to start again from scratch, just rename the C:\George folder to something else and then run the Install program again.

Paul