howardcleaners

BUYING WORK FROM OTHER WINDOW CLEANERS
« on: February 17, 2005, 11:02:00 pm »
ANOTHER WINDOW CLEANER OFFERED ME £100 OF WORK HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH TO BUY

rosskesava

Re: BUYING WORK FROM OTHER WINDOW CLEANERS
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 11:08:14 pm »
Personally, I wouldn't bother so much.

I don't mean that rudely but if you called 20 houses either side of jobs you already do you'd pick that up in no time for free and it'd be where you have work already.

pjulk

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 11:08:34 pm »
I wouldn't bother buying £100 worth of work you could get that yourself for a few hours of door knocking saving you the £100 to buy equipment with

Paul

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 11:12:12 pm »
Depends on lots of things - is it £100 per month?

If its good paying (on time, no chasing) commercial                                                             5 X
If its residential top notch, close together, well priced monthly with a personal introduction       3 X
If its not been done for months, in two or more seperate locations - - - - ditto - - - -              1 X

If its his rubbish that he wants to ditch                                                  walk away!
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 02:26:24 pm »
Dont bother, canvass if you need more work. He wont be getting rid of anything decent.

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 11:31:31 pm »
hardly worth the effort, canvas yourself for a few hours and keep your money
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

louisthe3rd

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 10:01:13 pm »
Trust me you must look long at hard at the work your buying and the prices that he charges for the work.I started window cleaning 2 years ago and have just bought some extra work and like a fool its hard work for little reward, his prices were 2 low and all obsticales but i had a FREE week so i thought id take advantage of it, more liike he took advantage of me but thats life isnt it LIVE AND LEARN so i now have the pleasure in tackling these customers and asking for an increase, i feel a little cheeky but its now my work and not good old him, its now my living not his so prices have to be inflated and if i lose most of the work ill take it on the chin but when i get new cleans i always set my price and up until now ive been ok