marc al

New Member here
« on: February 17, 2005, 05:56:28 pm »
 Hi all, only just found the site, have been going 10 weeks now, I have approx 800 pound/4 week so far, can I expect a massive influx of new work come march/April?
  I have been busy dropping flyers, but people around here don't take too kindly to door knocking.
  If I can expect a good increase in customers in the spring I think I will invest in a wfp and get ready to go.
  What do you all think?

AuRavelling79

Re: New Member here
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 06:29:43 pm »
Yes, Spring will bring 'em out - train them to do it your way, not the other way around!
On a dry day when you've just cleaned a house canvass half a dozen around it, smile broadly and say:-

"Hello there, I'm XXXXXXX. I've just cleaned your neighbours windows, if you'd like me to do yours or give you a quote here's my card." Hand it to them, back away one step and say " I won't keep you now, but my phone numbers on there." Casually turn around and walk away - some of them will call you back there and then, some will phone you later. Guaranteed 100%!

Malc G
It's a game of three halves!

rosskesava

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 10:58:27 pm »
MalcG said it all and it does work.

If you've got £200 pound a week now then don't worry about March/April - you'll be over run.

Duke

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 05:33:18 pm »
Hi and welcome to the site ! They're a good bunch here, knowledgeable and friendly. I hope you have a sense of humour too....you'll need it !

aztec

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 07:59:46 pm »
welcome i am new too (to this site not window cleaning!)
i can guarantee you will be flat out by may!