petski2

Would this work
« on: February 17, 2005, 01:36:01 pm »
I am about to buy a van for my wfping.Most of my work is residential with awkward access to the rears of the houses as far as a van mount is concerned.I have been using the Omnitrolley for 8 months now and am perfectly happy with it apart from the fact I cant transport enough water for a full days work. 
My idea is to have a 650ltr tank fitted in the van and run 2 omnitrolleys from it(my partner starts with me next month) 
I already have ro system in garage with holding tank and I already have the poles.
Does anyone know if this is viable,what else would I need and where to get it from as from what iv seen if you just buy a tank you have to fit youself. 
Before anyone says JUST GET A VAN SYSTEM,I have thought this through and 2 trolleys is my best option.
Thanks 

Duke

Re: Would this work
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 03:10:07 pm »
I guess it depends on the size of the van. I too have an Omnitrolly...in a small van. The trolley rarely comes out and is strapped down mostly. With the hatchback up, I can still fill it easily. With the trolley full...I can still easily and safely carry another 5, 25 litre containers of water. I also have extended the hose to the pole(s) to 35 metres...so it's just a case of park, switch on and clean. If the new Van was the right size...there's no reason why that couldn't be X 2....

Re: Would this work New
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 04:08:11 pm »
First of all 650 litres will have to go into at least a ford transit.

For a 650 ltr tank plus water plus equipment plus men etc you need a payload of at least 1000k or your van will split in half if not at least all your tyres and suspnsion will need renewing every couple of months.Aslo you need a van with a bulkhead as a 650ltr tank full of water with poles on top can be pretty daunting coming at you if you brake hard.
Not sure about fitting yourself but has to be bolted to floor with the payload evenly over the axles.

I have van monted and have no problems on any awkward propertys and carry 200mtr of hose.