66.7%
2 (66.7%)
none
33.3%
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Impossible..No way..cant be done...
« on: February 15, 2005, 10:27:34 pm »
I may be wrong im not quite sure but have looked at the site for buying and selling work.I wouldnt do either but there you go.
What i find quite amazing is that ive been running this business now for near on 2 years.I like to think i have the best equioment for the job im doing and am always finding quicker more efficent ways to make my working days better.What i cant get my mind around is how someone can sell a round for £30,000 for a round that is residential and 1,200 customers.It says that the work can be done by two men in four days 4 weekly.

Wow thats 14,400 cleans per year.

276.092 jobs per 4 days

69.23 jobs per day

so 1 man must do 34.6 jobs per day on his own

Well i must be really really really slow or someones doing 1 bed houses,bungalows because i cannot see how on this earth one man can do 34.6 jobs per day non stop.

Take into account the rainy days.....

2 bad days of weather that means some poor soul has got to try and do 103.8 jobs in one day to catch up

Wow amazing....I dont think so.

Here is the link have a look tel me im seeing things? also mobile no no landine?http://www.window-cleaning.biz/buy.htm

Duke

Re: Impossible
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 10:39:11 pm »
that can't be right...

Duke

Re: Impossible
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 10:40:18 pm »
sure it's not a typo and a few zero's out ?

Duke

Re: Impossible..No way..cant be done...
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 11:10:31 pm »
I mean...we have nigh on 2,000 customers and that keeps 5 of us (Domestic) busy on a Monthly basis...all on poles....that's silly. Sounds like bull thingy to me...

Ian_Giles

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 07:32:12 am »
I would have voted but I can't work out what I'm voting for! It seems to be; None, none or none!
If the average account was a standard semi, and if they worked 8 hours a day, then I guess in theory it would be possible to to 32 accounts in a day.
In practice that would be impossible to maintain, I don't think a single man could do that in any one day let alone every day.
Also, 2 men do not work twice as fast as one man, particularly if working together during the day.
My round is mostly commercial with a lot of shop fronts, occasionally I will do 40 oddd accounts in one day, but they can be very small jobs, a couple of minutes work per account and all very close together (in batches, depending what town)
But I couldn't do that with domestics.

So yeah, bullpoop. Besides it isn't how many customers you have, its how much each customer is worth that counts.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Ian_Giles

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 07:33:58 am »
Hey cool!

If you type bull**t without the blanks it comes out as bullpoop

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

keefuss69

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 07:52:34 am »
my boss expects us to make 200 quid a day between two of us, working togeteher, 4 of us on the firm, some days its a struggle, some days its easy peasy.  jus depends on the jobs and the prices, 45% of his round the prices have not been raised in like 3-7 years. time for a change and price hike. you would thinks so.......there are a few days on the round which entail  the cleaning of 40+ jobs, start @7.30 fin bout 4.30, i bloddy hate those days lol, ahh well all in good fun, but not everyday thank the lord

happy cleaning!!
dust is low fat so eat as much as you want!!!

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 08:22:44 am »
hhmm i don't think so, i manage about 20 houses a day working on my own, besides i would not want to pay £30,000 for something that costs nothing if you get out yourself and canvass
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

ian davison

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 10:31:53 am »
Same here 20-22 max.Never knew superman was a part time squeegy boy!

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 04:41:58 pm »
Sorry this is not a poll i accidently put it in as new poll instead of new topic.

rosskesava

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 05:29:09 pm »
Perhaps the 1 200 customers all live in 1 window houses all next to each other?

Duke

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 05:31:01 pm »
 :o nice thought.....

scrimit2

Re: Impossible..No way..cant be done... New
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 06:02:26 pm »
Perhaps the 1 200 customers all live in 1 window houses all next to each other?

Maybe they all live the same house, over crowding is really getting out of hand in  the cities ;D