zeusjazmin

how often?????
« on: February 15, 2005, 09:19:16 pm »
reading the posts i get the impression that most of us do our rounds on a monthly basis,
i have been every 2 weeks for years,very often if i am late the customers complain
years ago i even had weekly houses
are your reasons
1 that is what the customer wants or
2 you are too busy for 2 week cleans ?

Grafters Cleaning Services

Re: how often?????
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 09:56:40 pm »
in my case (monthly) is what the customers want
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

stephen

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 10:18:21 pm »
both half monthlys half fortnignty.do a lot of old folks houses they want them doing ever two weeks

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 10:30:10 pm »
I'm far too expencive. My customers can only afford me monthly. However, I have too much work, it takes 2 of us nearly 6 weeks to get round. All rural though. Very happy to work in the Peak District ;D

Duke

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 10:36:29 pm »
We've only 2 out of nearly 2,000..to my knowledge, that want doing that frequently....they don't get that dirty THAT often....blimey....pity though..would be more money in the coffers....  :o

rosskesava

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 08:07:11 pm »
Excluding commercial work, out of 238 jobs we've only one 2 weekly job.

All the others are monthly or 2 monthly.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 08:11:00 pm »
Most of our domestic work is 4 weekly, but shops and car showrooms are all weekly or fortnightly, offices and other commercial vary between 2 -12 weeks

matt

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 09:21:41 pm »
every 6 weeks for me

though i do have 1 that has them done inbetween (thus 3 weeks) i do find this house is allways clean, so i just dry scrim it  on the inbetween cleans lol

Pureandclean

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 11:18:42 pm »
Monthly for domestic.
Years ago I used to have some at 2 weeks, some at 3 weeks and some at a month, total confusion.
I think it happened because I bought some small rounds to top up.
I decided to convert them all to 4 weekly and put the prices up.
I found then that it was a good way of converting low priced window rounds, so for a while I bought quite a few rounds and converted them, then sold them off.

::) Blessings  ::)

Graeme

texas girl

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2005, 12:04:33 am »
Oh my,

I thought the "how often" was about sex or something. OOps! :-*
Debbie

Ian_Giles

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2005, 05:35:23 am »
I'm the same as most others, domestic work is either 4 weekly or 8 weekly,
Commercial work, couple of accounts done twice a week, mostly weekly but can be up to 12 weekly.
Personally I liked Texas_girls slant on it ;) Though if there was any way that version of the question could be posted on here, you wouldn't be able to believe a single reply ;D

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

ian davison

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2005, 12:26:05 pm »
Ive got three rounds,first one i bought which is my biggest i clean every three weeks.
Second one is monthly but 90 quid of that is fortnightly(mainly old ladys and mrs buckets)
The other one which i canvassed myself is monthly.

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2005, 05:49:43 pm »
Oh my,

I thought the "how often" was about sex or something. OOps! :-*

Every four weeks.  But I do get complaints.

rosskesava

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 06:40:58 pm »
Oh my,

I thought the "how often" was about sex or something. OOps!  :-*

If it was I'd think Christmas had come early

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 09:07:02 pm »
I've lost two customers recently because I refuse to clean 'every two months'.  It's every month or not at all with me. 

The last customer to drop me phoned and left a message on my answer phone saying, 'Thanks for what you've done for us, but I've found a window cleaner who can clean every other month'.

I think if I started cleaning a few customers every other month, then other customers found out I do this - I could have a revolt on my hands - and they'll all be wanting it. 

Justin H

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2005, 09:29:55 pm »
I've still got a few 8 weekers.I just stuck the price way up when they mentioned the dreaded extra month!

rosskesava

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 11:43:21 pm »
Hi windows_chepstow

We do some customers every other month but only if it fits in with what we're doing around that area and the price is higher because of that..

One round we have for 11 monthly customers and 2 who want them done 2 monthly this month and another 2 who want it done 2 monthly when we do that round next month. So every month on that round we do 13 each month.

Does that make sense? It's a bit hard to write it.

Londoner

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2005, 09:09:01 am »
A lot of customers would be happy to only have you come three or four times a year.
The point is if you start that you end up in a right mess.

However, in the winter with the short days and filthy weather its handy to have a few customers that you know won't mind being missed out for one month if you are all behind. Most of them haven't got the money after Christmas anyway.