AuRavelling79

Battery Life - Aquatec WFP Trolley
« on: February 15, 2005, 07:27:45 pm »
I've started using the wfp this week and am getting on well with it - more news later - but the battery supplied with it (although convenient) doesn't last too long before needing charging.

Weekend - on charge 48 hrs as per instruction book.

Monday Day 1 used 9 am to 5 pm (about 3-4 hrs continuous) then overnight charge 6pm to 7am
Tuesday Day 2 used 9 am to 2.30 (about 2-3 hrs continuous) on charge at 3pm (will stay until 8 am!)

Peter Fogwill has advised I get a leisure battery which I will do - has anyone done this already and is there a particular type that they have found suits the system?

Peter is sending me the connection adaptor - I just need the right battery (a balance between weight, size and life of charge.)

Thanks for advice - specific or general, re batteries - in anticipation.

Malc G
It's a game of three halves!

Ian_Giles

Re: Battery Life - Aquatec WFP Trolley
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 08:03:02 pm »
I have the same system, within a few days I had purchased a leisure battery, 85ah, cost me £45
Heavy for sure but can be used with the trolley, just make sure it has a carrying handle!
I tend to use mine as a mini van mount and work from the back of the hatch.
Bought 50m of non kink yellow hose plus hose reel, fine most of the time.
when I need the trolley I hook up the smaller battery and away I go! ;D

Battery stays in the back of the car and I connect up the battery charger via an extention cable to the battery and let it charge up overnight.

The blend between the 2 batteries means I keep the smaller one fully charged ;)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Duke

Re: Battery Life - Aquatec WFP Trolley
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 11:00:53 pm »
of course there is an 'in car' charger you can use (or van ...whatever) I just built one. For the dry cell battery. I went to the local helpfull car shop...we worked out the voltage and ampage...and just made one. Plugs in to the cigarette lighter direct to the trolley....secret is...don't run it too flat, coz it will suck too many amps and fry the battery..but as a trickle charge...works ok. Not ready to put it on the market yet, as it's still experimental, but so far so good....watch this space, as they say !..(more revelations to come !)