rosskesava

Re: george system
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2005, 11:58:59 pm »
Hi Gaza

You've been at the vodka again?  ;D  ;D  ;D

I've now got the hang of the George software and it's good.

I reckomend it. It has a few draw backs but still, it's worth taking the time and trouble to learn and will be an asset to your business.

Cheers

Ross

choice.clean

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2005, 06:04:25 am »
I have just visited a computer lecturer in swansea university and paid for his advice i mentioned the george system and he said that it would cost around £1000 to replicate it. so advised to continue using this system.
things i have found that iritate are.
no area for a reference number would be great if you could search for a customer based on a number something that a database would have. especially as all of our customers pay by standing order and we trace them by number still just have to look over printed oput lists and phone them back when they want to know when thay are next due. surname search facility would do but can't see that in there.
a manual would be good too i don't know about you folks but being able to read something in logical order is my way to learn.
also had difficulty moving a customer position it would have been nice to have a cut and paste facility like a word document.
i have still booked up for a spreadsheet course with the computer lecturer as i will find that usefull to fill in the gaps that george has for me.
or would a few of us on the forum like to club together to pay for a programmer to get us what we want.??? ???

George Systems

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2005, 12:28:52 pm »
Hi

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion - but most people seem to like George the way it is.

You can search by Surname using the "Select Job" dialog.

We decided early on to hide the system Reference Number - it's not going to mean much to most of our users and it's just one more thing thats likely to cause confusion.

The 2 buttons on the Job Order screen are not marked "Cut" and "Paste" - they are marked "Select" and "Move" - but they do the same thing. Are the words that important?

We couldn't provide printed manuals at this price - it would require a major price increase to do it and we have very few requests for printed material.

You might find a willing programmer to copy George for £1000 but what would be the point? It would cost much more to develop something else from scratch...

Paul

riz

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2005, 03:05:19 pm »
Buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the best thing since sliced bread!!! (better even)

Paul

pjulk

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2005, 03:57:03 pm »
Totally agree it a great program well worth the money i paid for it and the support is excellent.

I would recommend buying it.

Paul

rosskesava

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2005, 04:23:12 pm »
I think it's a great program and I reccomend it.

It does not do a few things I want but they are minor compared to what it does do.

John Walker

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2005, 08:16:47 pm »

I bought George when I started up and find it invaluable.  Easy to use and regularly updated.  Current update allows remote backing up of data in addition to your own hard and floppy disc backups.

Don't waste time trying to write your own - George only costs £50 and has a service second to none.

... And Paul the software writer listens and impliments user suggestions where ever possible.

John
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

mickeyfat

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2005, 12:06:52 am »
Do you all know its a FREE trial!!! for 3 months!!
What ya goto loose

I have used it for a year

Pauls after service for problem I have are ace..I can be a bit dumb and he is avery patiant

Its organised my work brilliantly

Re: New Version of George software
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2005, 04:33:51 pm »
Ive used george for the last 18 months my accountant and the tax man say its one of the best softwares for small businesses theve come across well done.

Mikey Y

Re: New Version of George software
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2005, 06:49:30 am »
I have had George since August 2001, and I would say its one of the best 50 quids I have spent, and thats what I paid for it then, so its great value for money after over 3 years of use, and many more improvements since then. 8)

Mike
Spain