Duke

Re: george system
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2005, 06:01:39 pm »
we got a programmer to make us a custom version of Excell....but don't ask me how THAT works.....

George Systems

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2005, 04:56:21 pm »
Hi Windows_Chepstow

That's really interesting ...

You only spend 10 minutes a day on it !

Assuming you work 6 days a week that's an hour a week  - 4 hours per month.

Guessing you normally earn about £20 an hour, you are spending £80 a month on a system that doesn't produce invoices, doesn't reschedule your done Jobs, doesn't record your expenses and doesn't back itself up to the internet.

It seems a little expensive when George does all that and more for you - and only cost £50. It would pay for itself in two and a half weeks.

Still - horses for courses I guess...

Paul :-)

rosskesava

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2005, 06:09:21 pm »
Hi

Our business has just reached a point where we've just had to re organise our rounds to a more effective system as we were going back to the same areas on different days.

Anyone know a good program to help with that type of thing?

Also, I am very interested in the 'george' program. I use a pda at work and I use the diary which is not very good or practicle for what I need. Could you send me a link or the web address of the George website as I cannot find it on a search engine. Thanks.

Ross

George Systems

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2005, 08:44:37 pm »

rosskesava

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2005, 09:03:14 pm »
Hi George Systems

Der ............ I should have guessed from your name.

Thanks for the link. I have downloaded the trial version and will be trying it out.

Cheers

Ross

George Systems

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2005, 09:06:53 pm »
Hi Ross

Hope you like it ...

Paul

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2005, 10:26:59 pm »
Dear George Systems,

It's not a lot to spend four hours per MONTH organising your window cleaning round when it includes:

What you're going to clean.

Who owes you money.

All your accounts.

It's very little time.  All I'm saying is that with a few basic skills you can use your home computer with the software that's already included on it to organise your round and accounts.

Following this, you can't equate cleaning windows to the administration of your round.  Obviously it's far easier 'calorie wise and work wise' to do your accounts in the evening when it's dark - than doing it from 9.00 am to 10.00 am.  So saying it costs me £80 per month is a bit misleading.  It costs me nothing, except ten minutes per day.

I do not doubt that George is an excellent system from what I've read about it.  It's only I'm slightly more computer literate than your average 'gadgie'.  If I could tell people how to do it - I would.  But it's beyond me to pass on that information.

PowerClene

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2005, 10:51:50 pm »
Dear George Systems,

It's not a lot to spend four hours per MONTH organising your window cleaning round when it includes:

What you're going to clean.

Who owes you money.

All your accounts.

It's very little time.  All I'm saying is that with a few basic skills you can use your home computer with the software that's already included on it to organise your round and accounts.

Following this, you can't equate cleaning windows to the administration of your round.  Obviously it's far easier 'calorie wise and work wise' to do your accounts in the evening when it's dark - than doing it from 9.00 am to 10.00 am.  So saying it costs me £80 per month is a bit misleading.  It costs me nothing, except ten minutes per day.

I do not doubt that George is an excellent system from what I've read about it.  It's only I'm slightly more computer literate than your average 'gadgie'.  If I could tell people how to do it - I would.  But it's beyond me to pass on that information.

I'm sure that your spreadsheet is great, but it can't possibly have the power that "George" does. I'm pretty good at writing spreadsheets myself, but I douldn't get one to do what George does in a million years. In fact, I don't think that Excel has the functionality. I know it's difficult to let your baby go, but you should really give George a try. It's perfect for the job.

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2005, 11:06:36 pm »
Well tell me what George does?

My Spreadsheet does the following:

Organises my round.
     Tells me how much money my round produces.
     Tells me who owes me money.
      Tells me how much I've improved my round since last month.

What else do I want?  And it only takes ten minutes per day?

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2005, 11:09:11 pm »
maybe I'm stupid but can someone pleae tell what the h..l is a george system?
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Rob_j

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2005, 11:21:38 pm »
Dear Mr Windows_chepstow,
You say that you are, "slightly more computer literate than your average 'gadgie'.".

I gave up my programming job last year to start my window cleaning company. It was my original intention to write my own system, however once I had evaluated George I realised that there was no point.

I believe £50 pounds is a very good price for this software. Added to that the level of support that they give (for free) is way beyond what you should expect.

Cheers
Rob

rosskesava

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2005, 12:13:13 am »
The 'george system' thing is a program for the computer and if you want it, for a PDA which is like a very small computer  (like an organiser but more complex) which can be carried around where ever you go. Flash people often have them but having said that - I use one and 'flash' hardly describes me. Nor does 'computer literate'.

I only looked at the free trial download tonight. You can put all your customers, rounds, details, whether they've paid etc, and frequency of cleans etc etc onto it. It's a program for window cleaners.

I've only been playing with it for a few hours and it looks really good.

Ross

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2005, 12:43:26 am »
thanx ross, where do you get them from
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

rosskesava

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2005, 01:23:07 am »
Hi Grafters

The page I downloaded it from is as follows

http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/Products/Toxics/chemicalhouse.cfm?producttypeid=18

I don't know how links work but if clicking on it doesn't work, copy and paste it and download it. It's worth a try.

Cheers

Ross

rosskesava

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2005, 01:33:22 am »
Hi Grafters again

Bug*er. The link was from what my daughter was looking at earlier. I ain't so good at this internet stuff.

I'll try again

http://www.georgesystems.co.uk/Download/download.html

I hope that one is the right link.

If I muddled my way through it, any one can.

Cheers again

Ross

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2005, 09:03:14 am »
thanx ross i will check it out
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

rosskesava

Re: New Version of George software
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2005, 12:32:27 am »
Hi George

I only found out about your software last week and I'll definately be buying it having tried it out. Some thing are a bit confusing though but I'm sure I'll work them out.

Two things I don't know if the program does though.

One  is that after I entered in the customers details I could not re arrange the order. In other words - I seemed to be stuck with the order in which I entered them which did cause some confusion when we worked to the print out.

The other is that for our commercial customers, they all pay on different date  as although we work to a 4 weekly cycle and they pay every 4 weeks. It depends on which Friday we started to do their windows as to which Friday of that 4 week cycle that they pay. I could not work out how to enter that into the program.

Can it be done?

Cheers

Ross

George Systems

Re: New Version of George software
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2005, 08:27:53 am »
HiMatt

You can change the order of Jobs in System/Settings/Round Order.

I'm not too sure what you mean about the payment dates - please contact me on our "support@" address with more details.

Paul Sanders
GeorgeSystems
http://www.georgesystems.co.uk

George Systems

George - New version 3.67
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2005, 12:17:48 pm »
Hi Guys

For the information of those of you who are using our software and are not members of our User Group, we have just released a new version.

There are a number of enhancements but the major improvement is the internet backup option for registered users.

If your PC or data backups are ever lost, stolen or damaged your last backup is now only an eMail away !

We believe that this is a unique service - we have not seen it offered by any other piece of software and it should give you complete peace of mind - remember your business data is valuable  - your data IS your business...

For those of you that remember this thread: http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=4931.0 we have now made sure that it won't happen again !

Paul Sanders
George Systems
http://www.georgesystems.co.uk

gaza

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2005, 11:55:08 pm »
the gary system doesnt work,takes on more work than he can handle 8weeks work in 4 weeks should start bins on monday ,sorry forgot about the flowers,bet they dont win flowers in bloom this year pmsl
sold some old work on today200 squids worth 4 £400
I down loaded george,didnt have time to look at it but peeps give it a good report
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO