purekleen

wfp.........domestic properties
« on: February 12, 2005, 09:04:43 am »
Hi Ya.

do many wc use wfp on domestic properties, and if so what are the start up costs on this system and are they cost effective and does it slow you down much.  are the customers hard to convince and is it a hard sell.

thanks

matt

Re: wfp.........domestic properties
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 08:41:15 pm »
95 % of my work is domestic

i built my own system, cost about 650 quid

i explained the new EU directive, and people have been ok about it

i started off doing the hard to reach windows first, did them for 1 clean, people had seen the WFP in action so were happy for me to do the whole house

Justin H

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 10:29:27 pm »
Matt, what did you use? Trolley,van mount,backpack?

matt

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 11:37:18 pm »
now a Trolley

started of using a backpack, hand pumped, it works well, cost me 40 odd quid for the hand pumped backpack

Roy Harding

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 10:32:19 am »
I clean 99% of my customers with WFP, with about 85% of my work beeing domestic. I mentioned the new eu directive as above. I did this the month before and cleaned them all the following month. I did not do just the up stairs windows I did down as well.
     I thought it might confuse my customers, as they might think the reason I was still doing it the old way down stairs was beacause it was a better finish. Every one was happy, but lost one job because they did not like the amount of water. But whats one job?  :). As for time the first clean will take about the same time as normal but second clean about 50% quicker. :)

Ian_Giles

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 06:10:49 pm »
I've used WFP on all of my domestic accounts, so far it has been really good.
Most of my work is commercial, have only started taking on new domestic accounts since I bought the WFP, it is much easier to convert the brand new customer than an existing one.
But as Roy has done, do the whole house and not split it between upstairs and down.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Duke

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2005, 06:15:26 pm »
I agree Ian...much easier for the new one's...but generally they all come round. I use a trolley at the moment and all ours are domestic....I am NEVER going back to a ladder...in fact I don't even carry one now...no point, I figured they might see it as wavering faith in my system...therefore...in with both feet.

mark f

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005, 07:17:26 pm »
that a motor cycle club you have there??

Duke

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 07:48:09 pm »
Hi, yes...been a BOF for years, and the Club before that (69 MC)...well. Man's got to have a hobby...lol

Duke

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 07:50:18 pm »
..and if I'm not working or out with the lad's...I'm Scuba Diving...off to Gozo in May for a week...can't wait !

bumper

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2005, 09:28:30 am »
Hi, how do you manage 2 clean the sills down, once you cleaned the windows,as most windows are pvc,and most customers moan if you dornt wipe down. :)

Duke

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2005, 05:11:35 pm »
no problem, I can get the upstairs one's by angling the brush head half on and half off the cill, left to right, and downstairs is easy....it's the downstairs ones they'd really look at anyway.....