purekleen

porches
« on: February 11, 2005, 01:33:54 pm »
hi ya.

how do you clean windows that are above front door and window porches where the windows are set quite far back.

thanks for any SAFE suggestions   

Jon T.C.

Re: porches
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 02:19:31 pm »
I take it that you mean the ones with a pitched roof. Extend ladder and lean it to the side with the top of the ladder on the apex. ???

Elite Cleaning Solutions

pjulk

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 03:52:20 pm »
Normal telescopic pole and your window cleaning tools

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 12:53:46 pm »
I try to pitch my ladder 'above' the window and if I can achieve a safe angle will clean the window.

If I can't do that, I try and get it into a position where my missis foots my ladder.

If after trying both of these, and it's still not safe, I explain (and show if possible) to the customer why I won't do the window.

I've fallen, once, while doing one of these windows and it was a lesson that I really don't want repeated, as it gave me quite a 'shock' to say the least.

Luckily enough I'm a Geordie, so just bounced, but if you're a Cockney - it'd probably mean a year off work or so.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 01:15:37 pm »
From the inside?
It's a game of three halves!

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005, 02:36:30 pm »
windows_chepstow said
but if you're a thingyney - it'd probably mean a year off work or so.

What's a thingyney.
You geordies seem to have a differant language

Paul

Chris Gillespie

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2005, 08:02:56 pm »
What's a thingyney.
You geordies seem to have a differant language

We really should know that Paul.... but i don't either!

Chris

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2005, 08:54:38 pm »
I typed C O C K NEY, but if you type C O C K there's a spell checker and corrector which turns it into cock (I typed that in normally).  It's done it to me before.

I've once referred to Wor Lass as my B i n t.  But if you type B i n t , it comes out as lady.  It spoilt the tone of my post.  Also Philip Hanson has referred to Wor Lass as a 'lady', which get me thinking did he really type that?  Or did he type B i n t?  Cheeky g i t!

Has anyone else noticed any swearwords it's changed.  I fancy typing out a list of them like poop f*** idiot and twat, just to see what happens.

Luckily I previewed the list before I submitted, because the 'B' word comes out in clear.

pjulk

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2005, 09:08:07 pm »
Chris keep going you have made a grand total of 4 posts now

Duke

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2005, 06:24:17 pm »
Happens to me too Tosh...would be funny if I typed 'thingy' and it came out as something unmentionable...lol

Ian_Giles

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2005, 07:59:09 pm »
on one of the forums, if you typed scraper, it came out as 'not very gooder' Which was nice ;)
I'll preview this post to see if it does on this forum!..................nope, a scraper is a scraper on here ;D

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Chris Gillespie

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2005, 08:39:42 pm »
Chris keep going you have made a grand total of 4 posts now

I'll make God in no time! Paul did Dennis clean your new customers conservatory? Or did he price her up without it?

Chris

pjulk

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2005, 12:02:56 am »
Chris derek did clean it