Grafters Cleaning Services

advice wanted on aqua tec wfp
« on: February 08, 2005, 06:29:26 pm »
i'm thinking buying the aqua tec wfp trolley system see  http://www.window-tools.com/commercial.htm
as most of my work is domestic, is anybody using 1 and if so how good are they? any advice would be helpful thanx. Jay
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Duke

Re: advice wanted on aqua tec wfp
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 07:21:26 pm »
I can't comment on the aqua.tech trolley, but I use an Omnitrolley, for all my domestic work. It's got to the stage where it rarely comes out of my little van though. This is because I extended the hose to the pole by 35 metres....gets round most 4 bed detached's from where I park up. On the rare occaision I do have to get it out, it's no problem to unstrap it from it's moorings and go walkabout. Because of this...I think my next move is simply to get a tank and pump installed....same difference...no wheels.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 07:26:20 pm »
Hi Jay,
Yes, I have that system, I don't have any problems with it at all, I tend to use it mostly as a mini-van mount, working directly out of the back of the car.
The trolley is good, it's lightweight and works well.
The poles are the Unger ones, I haven't had much in the way of problems with those either, can be pretty whippy when you get up over 30ft.
The brush that Peter supplies is a single filament one, I keep meaning to get another brush, a different one, but the brush is still as good as new after 10 months.
His pump setup is good too, easily adjustable flow rate.
Recommended instant upgrade?
Large leisure battery, a must in my own opinion.
The battery supplied works fine, but it will only give a maximum of 4 hours work and will take well in access of 24 hours to fully recharge.
Peter is also a really helpful guy, not always easy to get on the phone as he has to work too!
Send a text to his mobile and he will call you back as soon as he can though.

I'm not going to say that the Aquatec Trolley is better than any of the others, but, as the line goes, 'It does exactly what says on the tin'

Hope that helps

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

matt

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 10:15:29 pm »
i have a VERY similar system to the Aquatec, same parts, same trolley

i use the trolley as a trolley ALL THE TIME, just use 1 Barrel instead of 2 (its lighter to move around pots etc)

VERY good system, and Peter is a great helpfull guy

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 11:07:07 pm »
thanx duke, ian, and matt, that help me a lot, before i make my final decission i'm gonna see what on offer at the nec next month, will keep you all posted. jay
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

kcc

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 04:44:57 pm »
I use the aquatec system but had to strengthen the axle
as it used to bend after going over kerbs also did not like
the hose supplied why did it have to be so stiff pressure used
is not that great. Modified mine to run hose up inside pole which helped
to control. Then bit the bullet and bought ionics 18ft multipole
so much lighter and easier to use, will not be wasted when
eventually i can go commercial tho. RO's i have been through 2 sets
in one year and they need replacing again, either there is something
wrong or i am doing something.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 05:14:46 pm »
Kcc,
I think you will find that Peter strengthened the axle, I haven't had a problem in that department with mine.
The hose he supplies is anti kink, it's stiffer than some of the other hose that is supplied with other systems, but it is very hard wearing. Can be a bit a pain when the temp is below 10 degrees though.
Personally I like the hose outside of the pole, it gives you greater flexability when breaking down a pole you have been using for windows over 40ft high, down to windows on a normal 1st floor type of height. Up to 25ft the Unger ones are easy to use, at that height they are no weight at all.
Hoping that at the upcoming show at Birmingham we shall have the chance to test out the various poles and so on that are on offer. I've some experience under my belt now so I think I know what I am looking for ;D

And you must be doing something seriously wrong with your membranes dude :o  They should last you up to 1 to 2 years before they need changing.
Mine are 10 months old now and have been producing up to 300L per day and I've not noticed any change in their performance, TDS after the membranes is still between .002 and .006 ;)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 05:57:38 pm »
once again thanx ian and kcc for your input i'm taking all your comments on board before buying
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

karlosdaze

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 09:18:04 pm »
Also a big plus for me, is it will fit in a hotel lift.

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 04:58:14 pm »
I have 700ltr van on dual hose use 4,200ltr per week

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 10:10:09 pm »
Check out this thread where I do a full review of the system:

http://www.another forum.co.uk/?board=wfed_poles;action=display;num=1086106661;start=0

I now actually use mine mainly as a trailer system as I have removed the pump and bought a lesuire battery and also bought 70m + of hose for it, works great.

Peter is also very helpful

Cheers
Steve

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 10:47:07 pm »
Hi Grafters,

I'm just ahead of you! I had my aquatec trolley delivered last week and was waiting for the first rainy day to set it up which I have now done today.

I've got a 200litre water butt from B&Q, set up on ten breeze blocks and I bought a fast flow tap from a garden centre to fill the containers quicker. I got 8 x 25 litre barrels from Peter and have literally just put 6 in the back of the estate including one on the trolley. This is without dropping the back seats (1991 Honda Accord Estate - similar to a mondeo in size). Front seat well holds traditional equipt still.

This weekend I'll be trying it out on family and friends and will let you know the results. Next week first commercial customer will get their top floor done with it.

My round is about 75% Domestic/25% Commercial.

So after eight years on ladders only, I'll be taking the plunge.

I must say that more comprehensive instructions would be useful but Peter Fogwill is very helpful over the phone and it all seems to be going as he says it will.
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 08:07:32 am »
hi malc, thats interesting because i can now pick your brains if that's ok with you.
how long did it take to purify and fill the 200ltr barrel?
perhaps once you get started with it you would be kind enough to let me know how many 3 bed houses a 25 ltr can cope with. thanx for your response so far.
Jay
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Roy Harding

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 09:59:39 am »
Hi Grafters

I had a 200gpd unit from aqua tec, how long it takes to produce 25ltrs depends on your water presure. They say at 70psi it will produce 1,000ltrs in 24 hours, my water presure is 80psi, so I would get 1,000ltrs sooner. But a friend with the same unit 10 miles away only has 40psi so it takes him nearly 48hrs to produce the 1,000ltrs. So its all about water presure. :)

Now I have a 4x40 Ro which will produce a 1,000ltrs in 4 hours. :)

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2005, 12:17:17 pm »
Hi Grafters

I had a 200gpd unit from aqua tec, how long it takes to produce 25ltrs depends on your water presure. They say at 70psi it will produce 1,000ltrs in 24 hours, my water presure is 80psi, so I would get 1,000ltrs sooner. But a friend with the same unit 10 miles away only has 40psi so it takes him nearly 48hrs to produce the 1,000ltrs. So its all about water presure. :)

Now I have a 4x40 Ro which will produce a 1,000ltrs in 4 hours. :)
thanx roy, thats just the sort of useful info i'm looking for
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2005, 08:14:59 pm »
It's taken 7 hours to fill the 200litre butt (pure water) at 80 psi - that suits me fine.
But that's about 28 (6 gallons) litres of usable water per hour.

I did my Mum's house this afternoon (not cleaned for six weeks and then done with GG4 and squeegee.) It is a double bay 1950's house in the middle of a terrace of six. Probably not the best-suited to a pole inasmuch as you have to either drive around the back lane or wheel the trolley round.

It's the sort of house that if it weren't me dear ole mammy's I'd charge a tenner for but for its size it has large deep windows, two sets of patio doors and a bathroom window above a flat extension.

Off ladders it takes me half an hour, what with the bays and walking round the back and all.
First time with the trolley took 25 minutes - but I was all fingers and thumbs, faffing about with the hose and poles and I reckon the flow of the two jets at the brush-head could do with adjusting (one side is a bit faster flowing than the other.).

So all in all I was impressed - I reckon it will be 15/20 minutes when I get used to it (the first time I cleaned it with ladders it took me 50 minutes and that's down to 30 now)

It hadn't fully dried by the time I left an hour later (have a cuppa and some biccies son - thanks Mum, how's yer belly for spots etc) but the result looks very good. Especially as they are anodised aluminium set in hardwood - but well maintained although they are 20 yrs old.

I'll let you know later how they fully dried cuz its drizzly today.

I think I was thorough and I used about 20 litres of water.

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2005, 10:00:50 pm »
It's taken 7 hours to fill the 200litre butt (pure water) at 80 psi - that suits me fine.
But that's about 28 (6 gallons) litres of usable water per hour.

I did my Mum's house this afternoon (not cleaned for six weeks and then done with GG4 and squeegee.) It is a double bay 1950's house in the middle of a terrace of six. Probably not the best-suited to a pole inasmuch as you have to either drive around the back lane or wheel the trolley round.

It's the sort of house that if it weren't me dear ole mammy's I'd charge a tenner for but for its size it has large deep windows, two sets of patio doors and a bathroom window above a flat extension.

Off ladders it takes me half an hour, what with the bays and walking round the back and all.
First time with the trolley took 25 minutes - but I was all fingers and thumbs, faffing about with the hose and poles and I reckon the flow of the two jets at the brush-head could do with adjusting (one side is a bit faster flowing than the other.).

So all in all I was impressed - I reckon it will be 15/20 minutes when I get used to it (the first time I cleaned it with ladders it took me 50 minutes and that's down to 30 now)

It hadn't fully dried by the time I left an hour later (have a cuppa and some biccies son - thanks Mum, how's yer belly for spots etc) but the result looks very good. Especially as they are anodised aluminium set in hardwood - but well maintained although they are 20 yrs old.

I'll let you know later how they fully dried cuz its drizzly today.

I think I was thorough and I used about 20 litres of water.
thanx for that malc, i can cope with 7 hours to get 200ltrs, please keep me posted
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2005, 10:03:59 pm »
Check out this thread where I do a full review of the system:

http://www.another forum.co.uk/?board=wfed_poles;action=display;num=1086106661;start=0

I now actually use mine mainly as a trailer system as I have removed the pump and bought a lesuire battery and also bought 70m + of hose for it, works great.

Peter is also very helpful

Cheers
Steve
hi steve took a look at your thread on the wfp, what can i say it was interesting and fantastic reading and has helped me make the decision to go wfp
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2005, 07:58:31 pm »
Ok, did two chalet style detached houses and a farmhouse with the aquatec trolley.

I only did the tops to break 'em in gently a la Matt's advice. And then squeegee'd the bottoms.
Customers 1 and 2 weren't in customer 3 saw trolley, didn't bat an eyelid or say a word.

Two houses were opposite each together, and I did the tops of both first. House 1 has four large upstairs  windows, one above a porch, House 2 similar but no porch. Then I whizzed round the bottom (Each house has about nine downstairs windows) with the squeegee.

These two together off ladders take me 1 hour and ten minutes from switching off the car to driving away again afterwards.

This first clean (after two months cuz of Xmas, New Year, short daylight hours and other lame excuses) took exactly one hour and when I'm used to it I reckon it'll drop to 45 minutes the pair.

The third house had sprouted a porch since I'd been - with a window which is now above - (easy peasy lemon squeezy now cuz I'm a pole-man!) so up price by £1 (Porch only has one small window) and it took twenty minutes instead of usual thirty. (And with the ladders I'd need to get onto that new porch's sloping  roof).

25 litres did all three houses (upstairs only though)

So looking good so far.

I've now worked out how to carry six x 25 litre drums including the trolley in the far back of the estate car and if really pushed I could put another three on the back seat.

So.. as I type, the car's sat on the drive with 150 litres, the water butts got 200 and I'm sorted for the next two or three days. I'll let you know how it goes!

Malc (all keen and bright eyed) G

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2005, 12:20:26 am »
thanx malc, i will look forward to your next post, the more i read about wfp the more i think i must head in that direction
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk